mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! kona l.o.g. riders beware.

after my usual gorilla attitude at tightening stuff,i thought i had stripped the threads but on closer inspection it has split the clamp.

so be careful tightening them.

otherwise a great grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

beefcake on wheels
    i picked some up in the spring and love em compared to the jackshit ones i got default. i just tighten them a little more then snug and they seem to hold good

mud slinger

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! haha

not laughing at you konut just da same thing happened to mine,the odi feels much nicer to me anywayz, and my stock pedals had 5 pins in all that were not put in,the holes are sorta there,lol
    [SIZE="2"]"do the things you fear and the death of fear is certain"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Yeah ODI rougues are where it's at. Bummer on the clamp though...

My ODI's said right on the package that that would happen if they were overtightened.

Stinkyest of the Stinkys!
    I figured it must take massive bollocks to ride a "pink" bike like the 2007 Stinky Primo (the most awesomest bike in the world, IMHO ), so maybe you just didn't yet recognize your own new manly-man strength while tightening the grip down, konut!

I've got the L.O.G.s on my Kikapu, but they are still safe - would probably take a direct nuke hit to wipe out the ODIs on my Stinky Dee.

You gotta post up some action shots of your new bad boy for us, konut - that bike has to be totally kick-@$$!

lidless ascender
    There's another issue with L.O.G. grips (and other using the same design).You have to be really careful not to overtighten the screw on thinner wall (XC) handlebars because you can easily make a flat spot where the screw pushes into the bar.ODI style clamps are much better IMO because they clamp the bars with an even force around the entire circumference.

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaWhirled
    I figured it must take massive bollocks to ride a "pink" bike like the 2007 Stinky Primo (the most awesomest bike in the world, IMHO ), so maybe you just didn't yet recognize your own new manly-man strength while tightening the grip down, konut!

I've got the L.O.G.s on my Kikapu, but they are still safe - would probably take a direct nuke hit to wipe out the ODIs on my Stinky Dee.

You gotta post up some action shots of your new bad boy for us, konut - that bike has to be totally kick-@$$!
    wonder if its my matching pink thong,must be a bit tight.

tried to get my friend to take a pic but all he got was the floor,.

i suppose he just aint quick enough for me and the pink lady.

i had odi lock ons but just to thin for my hands but i have seen lizard skins do a set for bigger hands,but im skint so it will have to wait.

mtbr member
    any one know where i can get one of these.

http://www.therapycomponents.com/sinner.htm

lidless ascender
    Since you're british, take a look HERE.It doesn't sho a picture, but the description tells you it's the same thing.
    You can get the Hanger Banger thingies from other companies, too (like NSB, for example, but it's a lot pricier).

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

mtbr member
    thanks for the link marko,but it wont work.

the dope axle is threaded in the end and a bolt goes into the axle,where as that sinner is just a hole that will replace my washer.

also anyone know how to or what to service the dope pivots with.

mtbr member
    does this explain better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

lidless ascender
    I forgot you have D.O.P.E. now.You might still get away with it, the only thing you should watch is your bolt fitting into the Hanger Banger.

Marko

Pictography

Quote Originally Posted by konut
    any one know where i can get one of these.

http://www.therapycomponents.com/sinner.htm
    Lemme know if you want me to obtain a Sinner guard and send it to you. Can also send you a spare set of L.O.G.s if you'd like to stick with the all-Kona Factory look.

mtbr member
    Where can i get the Sinner? Saw it in BIKE the same day i ate it and ripped my entire dérailleur hanger off, and can't seem to find it.

How much are they?

mtbr member
    konawhirled your the best.

grips i can get easily just the sinner.

Quote Originally Posted by konut
    konawhirled your the best.
    Naw, I'm just the local pusher, here to feed and enable your (OUR!) addictions!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaWhirled
    Naw, I'm just the local pusher, here to feed and enable your (OUR!) addictions!
    wish it were a cheaper addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    Where can i get the Sinner? Saw it in BIKE the same day i ate it and ripped my entire dérailleur hanger off, and can't seem to find it.

How much are they?
    Hey dowst, I finally got over to my LBS the other day to check it out, and it turns out that the Sinner is not available through the big wholesaler QBP. The shop manager ended up calling Therapy Components directly and found that the price is about $40, but Therapy has none in stock and will not be making another production run for about 30 days. If you have a good relationship with your LBS, have 'em order one up for you, otherwise if you google "sinner derailleur" you can find a place to order it online if they still have some in stock.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    third picture down in this link.

Another Bottlerocket??? Ah s**t...

hey konawhirled the dude that owns the bike in this link i have p,m to find out the internal dimensions of the sinner bolt hole so fingers crossed might be what im looking for.

cheers again,mark.