Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Faller - Expert Class

Good job! Just took the plunge...

...and put a deposit down on an '05 King Kikapu!! Should have it at the shop and assembled in @ a couple of weeks! Will post pics in the pic thread when I get it.

BTW, if in Naperville,IL, Bike Line is one of the best bike shops I've been to yet! Well worth the 1hr, 20min drive!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by psinsyd
    ...and put a deposit down on an '05 King Kikapu!! Should have it at the shop and assembled in @ a couple of weeks! Will post pics in the pic thread when I get it.

BTW, if in Naperville,IL, Bike Line is one of the best bike shops I've been to yet! Well worth the 1hr, 20min drive!!
    Bikeline in Naperville... those guys are great! I just bought my Dawg from them and picked it up last week. They are definately the coolest people to do business with around here. I drove far too. I live in Westchester, and there's another Kona dealer about a block away from me, but I chose to do business with Bikeline just because of their sincerity and service. Sometimes you just get a gut feeling...

Faller - Expert Class

Couldn't have put it better myself...

Couldn't have put it better myself! I think the Kona dealer in Chicago was going to be a bit closer to me, but once I stopped in Bike Line and saw what their customer service was like, I was sold! I definitely will be doing business with them in the future. Hope you're enjoying your Dawg, and I can't wait 'til I get my bike in! I'll keep ya posted!

...now if only the weather would improve and the trails would have a chance to dry a bit.....possibly 70 degrees next week! WooHoo!

Rocket Scientist
    Mar 2005
    Sweet. I use to have relatives in Naperville.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Couldn't have put it better myself! I think the Kona dealer in Chicago was going to be a bit closer to me, but once I stopped in Bike Line and saw what their customer service was like, I was sold! I definitely will be doing business with them in the future. Hope you're enjoying your Dawg, and I can't wait 'til I get my bike in! I'll keep ya posted!

...now if only the weather would improve and the trails would have a chance to dry a bit.....possibly 70 degrees next week! WooHoo!
    Yea, it sucks I have this shiny new bike staring at me, and it's still too sh*tty outside to go and enjoy it. Talk about blue-balls!

70 next weekend?!?!?!!!!!. Oh man, that's good news. I really need to get outside and get over this cabin fever.

Faller - Expert Class

Cool-blue Rhythm 70's on the way!?!

Yep, good ol' Tom Skilling was calling for us to possibly hit 70 next week. Sounds like the warmer weather may arrive @ Tuesday, but I also think there may be a chance of, who woulda thought, rain.....ugh, does it ever end?!?!

I may just hop on my hardtail to get the legs going again, so I'm ready to go when the King Kikapu gets here!

Siberian, ever ride at Deer Grove in Palatine?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Took a short spin in the woods yesterday on my friends 05 KingKikapu , U wont be regret it !
    Now how to find the funds for one myself ? , dont think my 97 Ti KingKahuna will ever feel the same after that spin on the Kikapu.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Siberian, ever ride at Deer Grove in Palatine?
    No, never heard of it. I work right near that area too... Rolling Meadows just off 53 and Euclid. I'm actually just getting back into the sport after about 10 years so I have to re-learn where all the good riding places are. The only offroad trails I rode before this was in Oak Forest.

My buddies all go to Palos a lot, and Kettle Marin in Wisconsin. Where is this place in Palatine?

Faller - Expert Class

Thx Caspar!

Quote Originally Posted by caspar
    Took a short spin in the woods yesterday on my friends 05 KingKikapu , U wont be regret it !
    Now how to find the funds for one myself ? , dont think my 97 Ti KingKahuna will ever feel the same after that spin on the Kikapu.
    Cheers
    Thanks for the confidence booster! I really can't wait until I get it, and until the trails dry up a bit, and the weather warms up a bit...that's all I want! Ok, maybe not ALL, but it's a start!

Faller - Expert Class

Deer Grove directions

Quote Originally Posted by Siberian
    Where is this place in Palatine?
    It's off of Quentin just south of Lake Cook Rd. There are reviews about it on the mtbr trail reviews. It's pretty fun. I've ridden there twice and plan on hitting it some more this year. I mostly ride at Petrifying Springs next to UW-Parkside, since it's only about a 15-20 minute drive for me.

Faller - Expert Class

Hey Siberian....Deer Grove directions!

Doh! It put my original reply in the middle, so here's in case you didn't noticed it mixed in!

It's off of Quentin just south of Lake Cook Rd (west of 53). There are reviews about it on the mtbr trail reviews. It's pretty fun. I've ridden there twice and plan on hitting it some more this year. I mostly ride at Petrifying Springs next to UW-Parkside, since it's only about a 15-20 minute drive for me.

Faller - Expert Class

King Kikapu update

Just a quick update to the thread. Spoke with BikeLine in Naperville and they said that Kona said the bike was to ship this past Friday, so give it @ a week to arrive in Naperville, and time to assemble, and then I can pick it up.....finally!! This lack of sleep is killing me!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Doh! It put my original reply in the middle, so here's in case you didn't noticed it mixed in!

It's off of Quentin just south of Lake Cook Rd (west of 53). There are reviews about it on the mtbr trail reviews. It's pretty fun. I've ridden there twice and plan on hitting it some more this year. I mostly ride at Petrifying Springs next to UW-Parkside, since it's only about a 15-20 minute drive for me.
    Thanks for the info.. I'll have to check that place out!

Faller - Expert Class
    Not a problem at all!

Faller - Expert Class

Finally!!!

Well, after @ 3-4 weeks, sounds like the bike is in, and was being built today. Time to pick it up tomorrow, after a night of no sleep, I'm sure!!!! Will post pics when I get it, before it gets dirty!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Finally Purchased My Dawg And It Just So Happened To Be At Bike Line
    You Guys Summed Up The Store The Same As I Feel. I Walked In The Service Was Great And A Good Selection. I Went To 3 Other Dealers Before I Checked Out Bike Line, They Sold Me On Service Alone. Not To Mention The $200 I Got Them To Knock Off The Sale Price. Great Help, Well Worth The 2 Hour Drive For Me.

Faller - Expert Class

Cool-blue Rhythm Glad to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG_HOUSE
    Finally Purchased My Dawg And It Just So Happened To Be At Bike Line
    You Guys Summed Up The Store The Same As I Feel. I Walked In The Service Was Great And A Good Selection. I Went To 3 Other Dealers Before I Checked Out Bike Line, They Sold Me On Service Alone. Not To Mention The $200 I Got Them To Knock Off The Sale Price. Great Help, Well Worth The 2 Hour Drive For Me.
    Glad to hear you agree with our recommendation! That shop is definitely worth the 1.5hr drive for me too! Picked up my '05 King Kikapu, and the bike is built and dialed in perfectly! Hope you like your bike! I know I'm loving mine more and more each time I ride it! I was originally going to post pics when I got it home, but could not resist the urge to get it on the trails! Not to mention the fact that I have to get out of the 1990s and actually buy a digital camera! For now, I have to take the pics, and have them put on disc, since no, I don't have a printer/scanner either.....hmmph, I guess all of my money DOES go to my bike nowadays!!!!!

i heart singletrack

Congratulations!! -- Here's my '05 King Kikapu

I've been riding my '05 King Kikapu since late-January, and it's been incredible. I just got back from a week in Fruita, Colorado with it, and it worked awesome out there. I really don't have any wants or complaints, that's for sure! If I need longer travel, I'll just hop on my Stinky DeeLux...

You can check my full review of my '05 King Kikapu in the '04 Full Suspension reviews (since no '05 reviews exist yet). http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/xc_full_...t_123019.shtml
    Attached Images Attached Images

i heart singletrack

Ooooops... wrong pic -- Here's my King Kikapu...

Here is my '05 King Kikapu... Sorry about attaching the wrong pic to my prior message.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Smile Great Pic man!

Only one problem though. The tongue hanging out says you're struggling on this bike instead of a $@&% eating grin which would indicate the bike is awsome (as I am sure that it is). Cool socks though.

contains quinine
    Now those are some NICE pictures!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Faller - Expert Class

King Kikapu

I really have to get off my butt and get some pics taken. Maybe I'll bring the cam with on the next ride! The King Kik is definitely a blast to ride.

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Now those are some NICE pictures!
    Yeah, well here's a nice 'nother shot -- this time of you (sorry it isn't a King Kikapu...).

mg

i heart singletrack

oh, wait... that's pablo

... i had the pic named wrong. i guess i don't have any of you from the trip here at work.

bummer, 'eh?
    mg

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by mgersib
    Yeah, well here's a nice 'nother shot -- this time of you (sorry it isn't a King Kikapu...).

mg
    I do not possess the skills of that man. Close, no cigar.

To get this back on track, mgersib was riding like a superhero on his Kona in the desert. Very nice looking bike too!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast