mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Just showing off my Caldera + Stuff

A little update/showcasing of my Kona's (the post your Kona thread is to boig for my pc now, so...) The Caldera has been posted before but has been upgraded in its spring tune-up with a RS Reba team. Further specs are 2003 XT, Raceface Turbine Lite, eggbeaters, CK headset and anything else I can get to pamper it

My 2006 Stuff is my first and only dirt/gravity bike and my entry into this catagory of the sport. I got it secondhand about 6 months ago and upgraded it to my liking. Since then it has been used for urban assault, skate parks, bike parks and 4x. Upgrades are among others a chainguide, X9 derailleur + shifter, V7 rotor up front and a RS Pike 409 (coil/ U-turn) The Pike really makes this a versatile bike, I usally run it on 95-110mm but I did DH runs with it on full travel (140mm). A true do-it-all bike

Tell me what you think!!!
    Last edited by George2; 06-18-2007 at 03:07 AM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet rides!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    More pics of that Stuff please - me likes! Currently, I'm riding an STP as a do-it-all bike. It rides really sweet on the street; however, I feel like such a kook on the trails when I have to raise the poor seat almost out of the tube. There are some things I don't like about the 07 Stuff, so I have this idea about a Scrap with some upgraded parts to lighten the bike up for my next AM/do-it-all rig. Your bike comes pretty close to what I had in mind, except I'd probably run a dual chainring set up. Out of curiosity, do you know the weights of your bikes?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    @ bee-man, the Stuff is an 'L', aka a 17" (I'm over 6ft) this is a little big for the skateparks but makes for a more versatile bike imho. I can get the seatpost at xc-height and I think the bike will make a good HT trailbike. The high bb takes some getting usdes to then (for me, that is)

I'm dutch so I'll stick to the metric sytem (and let you do the math )but on my bathroom scale the Stuff weighs in at about 14-15 kilo's and the Caldera at 11,5 or so.

More pics of the Stuff:

The first picture shows it with a Deore/105 combo but I switch to an X9 because it simply shifts better. To sum things up;

Frame, seatpost, brakes, clamp, stem, handlebar, crankset + BB and wheels are stock.

Upgrades are; Pike 409, 105 cassette, Sram chain, X9 shifter + mech, CK headset, Odi grips, V7 rotor, Truvativ chainguide, DMR pedals and tires (or Schwalbe Alberts when I need nobbies)

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    i like the graffiti =)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks. Well it looks like the 2008 line up came out but I don't see a Scrap.

What I didn't like about the 2007 Stuff is the Gyro tabs, V-brake mounts, horizontal dropouts, and long chain stays. Judging by the pictures, it looks like my desires are addressed on the 2008 Cowan. Cheers.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    For those that dont want to do the math, thats around 25.3lbs for the Caldera and 30-33lbs for the stuff.

Nice bikes