mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Just got a KONA STINKY Air.. New guy

Just picked up this bike from a friend..

I changed the tires and got it serviced at a local bike shop.. Everything is good in good shape.

Can anyone from the picture posted see anything that is missing or needs adjustment.

shifts gear smoothly, brakes are good.

The rear fox air shock has a rubber seal hanging down and it seems to be busted as it has no pressure inside, it bottoms out with little pressure.

What is a cheap shock I can throw on the rear, for 100-200 bucks for time being, until I send this fox air unit out to be serviced for 100 bucks to fox??

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Adjustments??

Your type of intended riding will determine those adjustments that fellow kona riders will post.

Based on your present tires, it suggest this bike is urban than not. If so, I suggest updated payment tires, loose the DOPE brake system, reduce rotor size to 180f/160r.

Do you have a fork/shock pump?? Have you checked the pressure in the rear shock?? There is an extensive wealth of info in the SHOCKS & SUSPENSION forum Really suggest you comb through the text and images, BEFORE looking for a replacement.

Congrats on the new ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    that fork looks like it's lowered?
    I believe that model is supposed to have 180mm of travel, you might want to make sure. . .