mtbr member
    Mar 2005

How big is your dawg?

I'm 5' 9" and really like the fit and feel of the 15" dawg. It's easy to throw around in tight spots and feels good. I've even taken it on half-day rides. Is this just ridiculously small for me? Am I gonna regret it? Is it out that far out of ordinary for a person my size to ride a bike that small?

I know lots of you have dawgs...how big is yours?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Sounds small to me

I am 5'7" on a good day. I test rode and just ordered a 17" Dawg Dee-Lux. It felt perfect but I like a little more room in the cockpit. It has a more upright feel than other bikes to me. I felt more stretched out on a medium stumpjumper which was correct for my height and inseam. I would try a 17 and give it a chance to grow on you. The 15's I think would be better suited for guys 5'6" or less.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yeah, I'm 5'9" too and I test rode a 17 and 18 a week or so ago. I think I'm gonna order an 18, but if you like a small cockpit, the 17 would probably be a better choice. A 15 seems pretty small...

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9" and got a 17". Works great for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Respect Your Trails
    I am the same way with my bikes...I would rather have them run a little smaller so I can throw it around underneath me, and be able to cruise it tight areas. That being said, when I test rode the Dawg I first tried the 17 but found the cockpit seemed to run on the smaller side. (at least compared to my Specialized 17) so I jumped up to the 18. I'm about 6' 1" so I think I got a great fit. But honestly its about whatever feels best and the type of riding you do. Larger downhill/freeride type stuff or aggresive cross-country, maybe go with the 17 for a little more solid ride and comfort, if its more short trail/urban riding, 15. Its a pretty big investment, so go with what feels right. Dats all I can say about dat.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I'm 5' 9" and really like the fit and feel of the 15" dawg. It's easy to throw around in tight spots and feels good. I've even taken it on half-day rides. Is this just ridiculously small for me? Am I gonna regret it? Is it out that far out of ordinary for a person my size to ride a bike that small?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm 5'10", with somewhat short legs. I'm riding an 18" Dawg, though I'm pretty sure I could get by on a 17" too. I'm right on the borderline, basically.

Salt of the Earth

Wink

6'0" - My 19" fits perfect. Not sure when a 19" beacme XL though

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

I'm 6' and have a 19" Dawg. It is a joy to ride because it fits me so perfectly.

In the Kitchen
    5'9" - 18" Dawg

Team Elevate Cycles - www.elevatecycles.com
    SMBA Member - www.saratogamtb.org
    Umphrey's McGee - www.umphreys.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

5' 9" here too...

...with a 30" inseam. I'm the same height as you and I picked up a 2005 17" Dawg. I like my bikes a bit small and found this one to be perfect. Very "flickable" and fits like a glove. I'm real happy with this bike.

good luck
    Last edited by Bakayaro; 04-06-2005 at 08:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Dawg size

hello everyone. I just got a new dawg last fall and just started putting some time in on it..i have the 17" and am 5"9 and 30" inseam. I really like that size to be able to move the bike around comfortably.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    im 6 foot 2, had to go with the 20 inch. Ha. feels great thou.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I Just Finally Got My Dawg. Its 18" And I'm 6'-2" When Im Not Drunk.
    I Like A Smaller Bike Just So I Can Throw It Around Better. No Problems At All.

rmb
    mtbr member
    5'11" and an 18"

Just roll it......

I'm 5'8", 30" inseam and ride a 15" Bear.

It fits me great, but I like my bikes shorter in the cockpit. FWIW, my buddy had the '02 Stinky in 17" and it really made me think that a 17" would have worked for me as well - albeit with a pretty shorter stem. I think a 15" feels cramped for others, but it's worked well for me on both of my Kona's.

EB