Honzo frame weight

Printable View

  • 01-07-2013
    i.a.n.
    Honzo frame weight
    Since frame weight seems to be a commonly asked question concerning the Honzo, I figured I'd start a new thread that's gonna burst a few bubbles. I've read where people have claimed sub 6 pounds for a large Honzo frame. Sorry guys, not even close.

    I weighed my large 2012 frame on a scale I know to be accurate to the gram. It came out to 6.98 pounds, so basically 7 lbs even (with sliding dropouts). And the 2013 is going to be a smidge heavier with the bracing on the top tube.

    Not that it matters, it's still gonna be a ripping fun bike (once it's built), but thought I'd share for the gram counters out there.

    Cheers,
    - I
  • 01-07-2013
    NslrPrtn
    Did you get one of the early ones with the longer chainstay yoke? My 18" was around five pounds if I recall.
  • 01-07-2013
    i.a.n.
    Longer chainstay yoke? Not sure what this is. A shop in SoCal, Path Bike's I believe, generously parted out the frame from a bike on their floor and sent it to me. Not sure if it was an 'early' frame.

    My steel XC frame is over 5 pounds, so I'd find it hard to believe that any Honzo, in any size would be lighter than my XC frame.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NslrPrtn View Post
    Did you get one of the early ones with the longer chainstay yoke? My 18" was around five pounds if I recall.

  • 01-08-2013
    Sparticus
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by i.a.n. View Post
    Longer chainstay yoke? Not sure what this is. A shop in SoCal, Path Bike's I believe, generously parted out the frame from a bike on their floor and sent it to me. Not sure if it was an 'early' frame.

    My steel XC frame is over 5 pounds, so I'd find it hard to believe that any Honzo, in any size would be lighter than my XC frame.

    It's steel. It's beefy. It's heavy. But ain't nobody gonna get me to give up my XL HonZo! Will I weigh it? Hell no! But I sure as hell will ride it! :D

    Happy! Happy! Happy! :thumbsup:

    --sParty
  • 01-08-2013
    i.a.n.
    Couldn't agree more.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    It's steel. It's beefy. It's heavy. But ain't nobody gonna get me to give up my XL HonZo! Will I weigh it? Hell no! But I sure as hell will ride it! :D

    Happy! Happy! Happy! :thumbsup:

    --sParty

  • 01-09-2013
    NslrPrtn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by i.a.n. View Post
    Longer chainstay yoke? Not sure what this is. A shop in SoCal, Path Bike's I believe, generously parted out the frame from a bike on their floor and sent it to me. Not sure if it was an 'early' frame.

    My steel XC frame is over 5 pounds, so I'd find it hard to believe that any Honzo, in any size would be lighter than my XC frame.

    Actually it was 5.6 pounds on the nose with the sliders and clamp...
  • 01-11-2013
    Mad-Duck
    Been a while, but pretty sure my 18" was 6lb 12oz. had one of the early ones and it was 7lb 12oz.
  • 01-13-2013
    p4nh4ndle
    To within a few ounces, my 16" frame is 5.8lbs. So, it's not really light (my last steel 29er singlespeed frame was pretty light at under 5), but it ain't heavy either?

    I'd imagine that the larger frames are heavier...
  • 01-29-2013
    lubes17319
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    It's steel. It's beefy. It's heavy. But ain't nobody gonna get me to give up my XL HonZo! Will I weigh it? Hell no! But I sure as hell will ride it! :D

    Happy! Happy! Happy! :thumbsup:

    --sParty

    I did it for ya sParty....seeing as I'm such a weight-weenie. :/sarcasm:
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2397/p3070012.jpg
  • 01-29-2013
    eurospek
    ^ Mine was exactly the same, minus a few grams for the paper towel stuffing.
  • 01-29-2013
    Sparticus
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    I did it for ya sParty....seeing as I'm such a weight-weenie. :/sarcasm:
    {pic}

    Thanks, Brutha. Mine's a '13... I s'pose it weighs a bit more due to the gussets Kona added between model years. But then again you've got that {obviously} heavy towel stuffed into you BB. :D

    Is yours an XL, too?

    --sParty
  • 01-30-2013
    lubes17319
    ^ But of course, only the XL-est frames for me.
  • 01-30-2013
    Sparticus
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lubes17319 View Post
    ^ But of course, only the XL-est frames for me.

    Oops... I missed the "22 inch" sticker on the TT. Sheesh.
    =S