Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4020
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jcitizen1 View Post
    i can see companies wanting to push cheaper alu frames, which are not not nearly as punishing with fat tires, which are all the rage. I guess they have ti & carbon for the hardcore honzo lovers. Still seems like a shame to lose a cheap & rad steel frame. Now I've got a collectors item!
    Anyone want a large 2017 Honzo ST? It's partially built, but never ridden. I'm having second thoughts after spending so much time on my full suspension bike lately.

the air is thin up here..
    Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    Anyone want a large 2017 Honzo ST? It's partially built, but never ridden. I'm having second thoughts after spending so much time on my full suspension bike lately.
    Do yourself a favor and ride it before you sell it! Otherwise you'll never know what you may (or may not) be missing!
    2016 Honzo Ti
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    I have got to say, the imminent release of the DHF 2.6 29 has me holding off on going b+ with the 2.8 27.5 version. I really would like to have matching wheel sizes and axle standards between the FS bike I am going to get once I graduate and my Honzo. I really want a big bike, i.e. Balance, Nomad, or Patrol/Enduro to go with my Honzo.

Do you have any more info on that dhf?
    2016 Honzo Ti
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    No, it was only mentioned in the pinkbike article debuting Maxxis' new line up. Looks like bikerumor covered it, too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Threw some upgrades at my rigid/ss Honzo today, new Hadley hubs to flow ex wheelset and a salsa 15mm tapered steel fork in place of the vodoo zombie 500 I was running earlier. It has a little less atc but all is well. Cheers! Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_9197.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_9194.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_9196.jpg

I will have to get that fork powder coated at some point too

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBro View Post
    salsa 15mm tapered steel fork in place of the vodoo zombie 500 I was running earlier.
    I will have to get that fork powder coated at some point too
    Is Voodoo fork have AtC 500 mm?Will you plan to sell it?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Just joined the proud honzo owners club, mine just came in today. Can't wait to get it built up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yes it's 500mm (tallest ridged around) I'm gonna hold onto it as a spare sorry man.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter-01 View Post
    I my 2017 St frame just came in, can't wait to get it built up. I'm interested how that 140 fork works for you, I haven't decided in travel yet but I'm definitely into big rubber.
    Also if anyone here is on the fence about buying a steel honzo frame, word is that Kona is done making them for the foreseeable future. Get em while you can!
    I've got my 2017 ST setup with a 160 Fox 36. Its probably way too much but I haven't experienced it with a normal size fork. It climbs really well though I dont do much seated climbing because its also single speed. Im thinking about racing an enduro on it then dropping down fork travel.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Johannensc View Post
    I've got my 2017 ST setup with a 160 Fox 36. Its probably way too much but I haven't experienced it with a normal size fork. It climbs really well though I dont do much seated climbing because its also single speed. Im thinking about racing an enduro on it then dropping down fork travel.
    I've been running a 150mm Pike since I built my bike up a year ago (2016 ST.) The only time the travel has bothered me is on super steep climbing. The steering does feel a bit slow if I have been riding my other bike for a while (first generation SC 5010) but I quickly get used to it.

Norđwegr
    Which stem and bar width are you guys on smalls using?

I have a 0* 45mm stem and with a 720mm flat bar I found it to be too narrow and is bumping it up to cheap 760mm taking it from there once I find a better setting.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Which stem and bar width are you guys on smalls using?

I have a 0* 45mm stem and with a 720mm flat bar I found it to be too narrow and is bumping it up to cheap 760mm taking it from there once I find a better setting.
    I currently have a renthal apex 50mm with a 740mm bar.

the stem is flipped, -6 deg rise
    Last edited by fssmikey; 5 Days Ago at 07:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Do yourself a favor and ride it before you sell it! Otherwise you'll never know what you may (or may not) be missing!
    Dudes got a point. I built up a '16 and almost didn't ride it before I sold it. Only ride it a handful of times but it definitely made me think twice. If I didn't need the cash I would definitely have kept it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sorry if Im beating this to death, but have 29er 2.6 Nobby Nics been fit to any 2015 or 2016 STs? What's the clearance like, and what rims? I'm thinking I'll go i30 rims, but maybe that's not enough??

Sorry if Im beating this to death, but have 29er 2.6 Nobby Nics been fit to any 2015 or 2016 STs? What's the clearance like, and what rims? I'm thinking I'll go i30 rims, but maybe that's not enough??
    Yes, I'm running them with plenty of clearance on 33mm internal rims on a Ti frame, which has the same yoke design and clearance as the ST models.

The tread pattern is almost too square on 33mm, I think 30 would be perfect.
    2016 Honzo Ti
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Yes, I'm running them with plenty of clearance on 33mm internal rims on a Ti frame, which has the same yoke design and clearance as the ST models.

The tread pattern is almost too square on 33mm, I think 30 would be perfect.
    Awesome, thanks. Are you liking the 2.6s? Do they seem different than 2.35 on the trails? They look beefier, but just by a bit.

Awesome, thanks. Are you liking the 2.6s? Do they seem different than 2.35 on the trails? They look beefier, but just by a bit.
    I've only had a chance to ride them in the wet mud, but they were far better than I expected based on the crap conditions.

I was riding a mix of "new" and "old" 2.35 Nics for most of last season, with the old split-block tire on the back. It had stretched out to almost 2.5in, with the "new" model being a bit smaller.

I wasn't really impressed with the rear tire, it seemed like regardless of tire pressure I could get it to slip when climbing (SS hammering) even in good dry conditions. Almost incredibly, my Rock Razor was better. The 2.6 (of new design, of course) was great.

The 2.6 measures exactly 2.6 (at 33mm internal), so the extra bit of volume will be nice.
    2016 Honzo Ti
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    i was finally able to get out to the local trails this weekend with the bike set up singespeed

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_0063.jpg

the gearing is set up 30/20 and i was able to clear all the features/climbs in the 5 mile beginner/intermediate loop without killing myself.

im guessing i need to invest in a computer to figure out my cadence to fine tune the gearing. but i feel i can go up to a 32/20 or 30/19 without having to hike the climbs.

i also noticed a creak coming from somewhere in the front of the bike. ill take it to a local shop to grease the headset, and cut down the stem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_0065.jpg  

Norđwegr
    What's the stock stem length for the 16/17s? My 45mm stem doesn't seem right.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081