Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1930
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    My parts arrived at the shop today Either I'm blind or the camera shows everything more clearly, because all of the anodizing appears to be the same shade in person, ahhhh well! I decided not to go with the 2015 Cinch's because 1. These Turbines were priced wayyy better, and I already have a standard chainring. 2. The Cinch's, IMO, don't fit the "simple" vibe that our steel hard tails give out, I think they would look much better on the Kona Process or Hei Hei. Reason 2 is pure aesthetics though, these Turbine's will do everything I ask them to and more. I rode around the neighborhood to get used to the Crank Brothers pedals.....and they definitely feel a lot different than SPD's, these are VERY easy to get out of, even set at 20 degrees, but we'll see how I feel after a couple of rides. I'm hoping in the next two months I can have my wheels (mango King hubs, WTB KOM rims) and forks/dropper (Fox 34 & Fox D.O.S.S) and I "should" be finished. As you guys can tell by some of the pics, I suck at photography it was my first time ever using a "real" camera though I guess.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    @ ILVMTB
    The Trace is doing well. I think they got the compression rates pretty spot on, I probably wouldn't be adjusting them anyway. That being said, the trace I bought was second hand and the steerer is a little shorter than I would like, so I am thinking of upgrading in the spring. I might do the new Fox 36 at 150mm since they have a nice short axle-to-crown compared to a Pike, or I was thinking about the MRP Stage as I heard it performs extremely well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DeArman View Post
    What do you guys feel about the Continental Mountain Kings? The ProTection w/ Black Chili Compound model. Long story short the stock 2.2 Ardent w/ wire bead just would not pop into place on my wheel, so I'm ordering 2 new tires with our shop order on Monday (even though the 2.4 popped and sealed perfect), but I've seen photo's of ripped off knobs and such a lot of people complaining about them only lasting just a couple of rides. Are they seriously this bad? I was really wanting the Hans Dampf but our distributor is out of them at the moment.....
    For what it's worth, I have a Mountain King Protection on the front of my Honzo and after a few months, there is no sign of knobs falling off. I am a little dissapointed in the grip though, it's enough but just not quite as much as I expected.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ReanLu View Post
    For what it's worth, I have a Mountain King Protection on the front of my Honzo and after a few months, there is no sign of knobs falling off. I am a little dissapointed in the grip though, it's enough but just not quite as much as I expected.
    I've ridden on my MTN KNG's twice so far and for my level of terrain in ArKansas they've done great.......and I'm missing a knob on my rear tire ah well, I've decided to sell the Honzo anyways after debating for a long time wether I should or not....but I can get a Giant Trance for a killer price at the shop and I've decided to go that route....I'm definitely going to miss this rig a lot though. Here's the new rig to be, I put this one together for a customer this week. I plan to swap some of the components between rigs before putting the Honzo up for sale though.

Nor­wegr
    Giant though? Can't get much more soulless than that without getting Spesh.
    WTB:

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Giant though? Can't get much more soulless than that without getting Spesh.

Giant makes spesh, and just about everything else in the world. in this house between me and my GF we have a Kona Honzo, Redline Monocog Flight, Soma Juice 29er, and Giant Anthem 29er and 2 Giant Trance 27.5s. Untill someone else comes out with a suspension platform that is good as giant for the same or lower cost I am going to keep buying Giant dual suspension.

I personally could not see having either FS Trail bike or my single speed Honzo I want them both!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi guys.

Longtime lurker here who was hoping to add to this thread once I'd received my 2013 Honzo frame and built it up.

One big problem.. I'm pretty certain the place I've just bought it from have messed up and advertised it as XL by mistake as I'm 90% certain the one I've just taken delivery of is a large.
    Before I take all of the packaging off - where abouts is the size decal (if there is one at all)?

I have been so excited waiting for this bike to arrive as the frames are extremely difficult to source, especially in the UK. I fear I may not end up owning a Honzo afterall!

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Mine doesn't seem to have size decal. Can't you measure the top tube or something and compare to the geochart?

mtbr member
    Do you think there is a difference in toptube length between L and XL? If so I can measure mine and you can compare against that

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Cheers pal, I thought that may be the case.

The problem is, it's very difficult to measure anything when it's just the frame as I've got no reference point, so to speak. Really need wheels and forks in situ to measure off of.

Headtube length WOULD be the one but the l and xl headtube lengths are identical.
    Again, I could measure toptube length actual but Kona don't include this in their geo charts which is a pain.

The place I bought it from have invoiced me for a L 19" and on the box the 20" has been crossed out and 19" written on instead. Think I'm **** outta luck!

I wouldn't mind so much if it was as easy as getting one somewhere else, but there is not one place I can find a (non 2015) XL frame for sale.

Gutted is not the word.

mtbr member
    C-T is published and should be different:
    KONAWORLD

mtbr member
    2013 geochart
    KONAWORLD

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    dfuse, appreciate the help.

C-T is essentially seattube length right? From middle of bb to top of seattube I've got 19".. not looking good.

Toptube ACTUAL is 550mm.

Is yours an XL?

mtbr member
    Yes that's the c-t indeed.
    You measured your toptube from the middle of the headtube to the middle of the seatpost? Checked mine (XL), it's 620mm

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sorry, middle of seatpost to middle of headtube I've got 595mm. Also in comparison to my 22" Cannondale, geo aside, this frame looks an awful lot smaller.

I'm off to write a shitty email to the seller and a grovelling one to some online shops in the hope that they'll sell me a frame instead of the complete bike. I don't like my chances!

Once again, cheers for the help pal.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear that and good luck in finding a frame

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Anyone happen to know the weight of the stock wheel set?

mtbr member
    I'll just leave this here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-2015-honzo.jpg  

Jkj
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Wow............

mtbr member
    Yeah, let's see that awkward XL size frame please.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Last year I built a Gold 1x9 Honzo. A super clown bike.

Last night I found and immediately ordered another Gold colored Honzo frame and am going to build a Single Speed! Yippee!

I have many parts already left over from the previous build, e.g. 140 mm suspension forks, crankset, wheels etc. I knew there was a reason I bought extra parts for my first Honzo when I saw deep discounts.

EDIT: I have a Marin CXR 29er carbon frame on the way, too. The Honzo frame will wait while I build and ride the Marin carbon as a Super Single - it should be well under 20 lbs when built as a single speed, especially as it will have a rigid carbon fork. Less than 2 kg for frame and fork combined.
    Last edited by sasu; 09-14-2014 at 12:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    My 2014 Honzo with some tweaks. This bike is so much fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-gonsohonzo.jpg  

mtbr member
    FWIW - I know some of you won't believe me because I don't have a picture, but last night I saw a prototype Honzo Ti (friend of a friend's, a dude closely associated with Kona). Picture the 2015 frame in Ti, with 'Honzo Ti' etched on the top tube. Needless to say, it was super sexy and I wanted it badly.

mtbr member
    Like you said it... useless without pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbryant2 View Post
    FWIW - I know some of you won't believe me because I don't have a picture, but last night I saw a prototype Honzo Ti (friend of a friend's, a dude closely associated with Kona). Picture the 2015 frame in Ti, with 'Honzo Ti' etched on the top tube. Needless to say, it was super sexy and I wanted it badly.
    well if it had graphics on it and everything, i imagine they will drop it pretty soon. wonder if it will be complete or frame only.

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast