Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1958
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    The Kings are super nice. They are more quiet than I imagined, but my builder said they should get louder over time I can feel the difference between it and my old hub going up and during stopping/stalling.

I hear you about summer school. I just finished my second class on 8/1. And the fall semester starts on 8/10.
    I take my final tomorrow and then I'm out for like a week or so before the fall semester I've been wanting to go tubeless really badly, but was going to wait until I built my new wheel set to make the plunge, but as cheap as I can do it at work now I believe I'm going to do it tomorrow

mtbr member
    Hey guys, I've got a 2014 model Honzo on the way. Can anyone tell me the seatpost diameter is? Im looking at getting a dropper. Also what length would I likely need for the large size model?

Cheers Cant wait to get a leg over!

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by static_x3 View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a 2014 model Honzo on the way. Can anyone tell me the seatpost diameter is? Im looking at getting a dropper. Also what length would I likely need for the large size model?

Cheers Cant wait to get a leg over!

mtbr member

Re: Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here

Thanks mate I had assumed so but wanted to make sure!

Nor­wegr
    Considering putting my new RF SL crank on the Honzo to lighten it up a little, but the way the Zee cranks are looking right now I got second thoughts about it. Dinged up the Zees at both ends of the crankarms
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Considering putting my new RF SL crank on the Honzo to lighten it up a little, but the way the Zee cranks are looking right now I got second thoughts about it. Dinged up the Zees at both ends of the crankarms
    I'm about to order me a set of RF cranks for my rig. Now I have to make up my mind on which model.....Turbine or Atlas........

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here

Quote Originally Posted by DeArman View Post
    I'm about to order me a set of RF cranks for my rig. Now I have to make up my mind on which model.....Turbine or Atlas........
    Check out the models they call "cinch" because they coils give you options to run smaller chainrings.

Nor­wegr
    Directmount is the simplest term for it.

Dearman: Either should do just fine, I'd consider them both better than my Zee crank and it's working without flaws apart from me crashing it into things.
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The new Turbines look good due to the direct mount system. They are also aluminum instead carbon SL's. Also, you have options with Sram X7 and above or Truvativ AKA cranks. These have removable spiders and can be found cheaper than the new RF stuff if cost is a consideration.

Nor­wegr

Can't beat the looks of these things though!

The XX1 cranks can take directmount chainrings which aren't 11spd specific aswell, not that expensive compared to other carbon cranks.
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Just replaced the Zee cranks on my Honzo with Turbines, w/30t direct mount ring. A 32t e13 narrow/wide ring on the Zee cranks was actually rubbing my chain stay...

Nor­wegr
    Sure you used the right amount of spacers on the BB? RF 32t+Zee has plenty of clearance on my 2013 frame.
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am convinced that the shimano SLX crank at $99 + a $30 NW ring is the best deal going right now

SLX cranks sans rings 598grams +76 for NW ring, comes in below the 720 for the turbines

and as much as I love race Face I think that the Shimano crank mounting system is much much nicer. I've spent wayy too much time trying to wrestle stuck race face cranks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Dearman: Either should do just fine, I'd consider them both better than my Zee crank and it's working without flaws apart from me crashing it into things.
    I love my Zee derailleur! I think I'm going with the Turbine's since our distributor at the shop doesn't have the Atlas's that I want ah well, Turbine's it is!

Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    The new Turbines look good due to the direct mount system. They are also aluminum instead carbon SL's. Also, you have options with Sram X7 and above or Truvativ AKA cranks. These have removable spiders and can be found cheaper than the new RF stuff if cost is a consideration.
    I believe, after looking at them, that I'll be ordering the Cinch's when we put in our order on Monday, but I will use the adapter to mount my already-existing RF NW chainring. Great looking crankset too!

Quote Originally Posted by baltik View Post
    I am convinced that the shimano SLX crank at $99 + a $30 NW ring is the best deal going right now

SLX cranks sans rings 598grams +76 for NW ring, comes in below the 720 for the turbines

and as much as I love race Face I think that the Shimano crank mounting system is much much nicer. I've spent wayy too much time trying to wrestle stuck race face cranks
    I wanted to order some SLX's, but they don't make the M660 style anymore, which was my favorite! I'm going to give these Turbine's a shot though, and if they don't work I'll just sell em and buy some SLX's more than likely.

In other news, I FINALLY covered my set-up to tubeless today. I used my T-R WTB i23 wheels, 25mm Stans tape, Stan's sealant, with my non-tubeless Maxxis Ardents. Easiest set-up ever, took no longer than changing a tube to make the change. I was going to wait until I built up my new wheels, but the suspense was killing me! Took it for a ride today at 25-Front and 28-Rear to be safe and what a difference! My confidence and speed around corners was greatly improved! Makes me feel like a dunce for holding out this long and blowing my life savings on tubes I'm going to experiment with which pressures to run, as I only weigh 165lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by baltik View Post

Add the Shimano bottom bracket to your total (the 720 for the Turbines included the BB), and you're at your real total: 760.

However, weight was not the point. I went Race Face simply for the direct mount option. I hate chainring bolts! Also 30t looks like **** on 104bcd.

mtbr member

Almost done...

Scored an unridden complete 2012 20L on eBay last month and stripped it. Only stock parts left are frame, fork, and headset (the latter of which will be replaced as soon as I get around to it). Otherwise, all I really need is a new set of pedals...

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3532.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3531.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3528.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3529.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3530.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3523.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3524.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3527.jpg

... 29.6 pounds as pictured.

Nor­wegr
    What kind of grips are those?
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Those look like ESI chunkys. They are supposed to be pretty dang good.

Nor­wegr
    Thanks, found an ebayseller in Taiwan selling them for $20 with free shipping so I'm going to try them out!
    WTB:

mtbr member

Re: Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here

Does anyone know if the rear mech on the '14 has a clutch?

If not... has anyone used a NW chainring with a non clutch rear mech successfully?

mtbr member

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here

If not... has anyone used a NW chainring with a non clutch rear mech successfully?
    Don't know about the RD on the 2014, but I'm running a non-clutch X9 on my fat bike with a narrow wide up front and have yet to drop a chain.
    On my Honzo, I use the MRP AMG bash/guide with a standard direct mount NSB ring and no drops in over 500 miles.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Finished my build and quite happy with the ride.

2014 Large Honzo
    X-Fusion Trace 140mm
    Stans ArchEX
    Hope Pro2evo 40t
    Conti Mountain King 2.4 front X-King 2.4 rear
    XO build
    Wolftooth 30T direct mount
    Reverb
    Kore Durox 60mm
    Kore OCD 20 cut to 780mm
    Specialized grips
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-dsc01697.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-dsc01694.jpg  

mtbr member
    sweet ride!

mtbr member

Hey,
    I'm running the 2013 Honzo with the stock X7 derailleur (no clutch) plus the RF NW 30t chainring. Works great so far (i.e. no dropped chain) - had a couple of runs on my home trails, nothing extra gnarly.

The derailleur on the 14 model does have a clutch: "10-speed Shimano Deore drivetrain with Plus-style clutch derailleur." from the description.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    like the look of the new 2015 Honzo

and nice promo vid

KONA BIKES | 2015 BIKES | TRAIL 29" HT | HONZO

Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast