Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,400 of 3655
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I went and checked out a small 2015 Honzo at one shop, and a medium 2016 Honzo Al/DL (tried out the owners bike) at another shop today. Ended up with the Al/DL. I should be getting it this week.

The medium fit much better, despite me being in between sizes at 5'7". I felt kind of like a circus bear riding a little bike on the small. I know I wasn't comparing apples to apples due to differing model years and sizes but not many shops have a full size run in either model so I had to make do with what I could test out today.

The medium felt much better. less cramped. I was afraid that the reach was going to be too stretched out for me but it was perfect.

I could have made the small work, by lengthening the cockpit a little and getting a longer seat post but in the end, I just want to get the bike and ride the bike. not have figure out ways to "make do".

Anyway. itll be a long few days waiting for the bike to arrive. Thanks or all the guidance, this thread has been awesome.

May contain nuts
    Good choice on sizing and AL. They are an awesome frame... aside from the PB BB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbek View Post
    What is the frame weight of the ST? I've read statements that say it's around 6.5 to 7, is that factually correct?
    2013 small was 6 lbs 12 oz with seat post clamp and axle.

2016 medium was 6 lbs 14 oz with seat post clamp and axle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    As I Understand frame use BB92 Botom braket, am I rihgt?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by q232 View Post
    As I Understand frame use BB92 Botom braket, am I rihgt?
    The AL frame does use a PF92.

Bnerd
    I sessioned this log ride drop today on my ride.

It's a throwback feature as this is an old-school trail. This reminds me how much trail building has changed. There's still challenging trails being built but you don't really see too many skinnies or logs being used any more. It's a shame because I love these kinds of things!

I'm impressed with my phone. This whole video was shot and edited from my phone. It would have been uploaded as well but something with Tapatalk wasn't letting my upload the vid.

Last edited by RideEverything; 05-23-2016 at 04:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    delet

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic13 View Post
    The AL frame does use a PF92.
    I ask about Honzo St

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No the steel frame uses a threaded BB

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thought I would post this here... For anyone currently building their 2015 or 2016 Steel or Ti Honzo, or if you just want to upgrade to a wider wheelset to fully utilize the Honzo's copious tire clearance, have a look at my wheelset up for sale:

Hope Evo 2 / ARC 30 | DT 350 / WTB i25 - wheelset For Sale

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Thinking about building up a 2016 Honzo ST. Anyone have seat time on a Nimble 9 (2013 or newer)? That was one of the last bikes I rode before taking a break from riding. Definitely looking for a relaxed slack, short CS style hard-tail. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who can compare the Honzo to a N9.

XL or L?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie View Post
    Thinking about building up a 2016 Honzo ST. Anyone have seat time on a Nimble 9 (2013 or newer)? That was one of the last bikes I rode before taking a break from riding. Definitely looking for a relaxed slack, short CS style hard-tail. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who can compare the Honzo to a N9.
    Hi, I'll chime in and attempt to help. I'm fortunate enough to have a decent amount of hours on both a 2016 honzo and 2016 nimble 9 (both in size medium).

I understand how it is easy for people to categorize these bikes together as they are both aggressive 29er hardtails but they really do feel pretty different.

The nimble 9 has a reach that is shorter than the honzo by 1.6" - a substantial amount in its contribution to the way the frame handles/rides. It is twitchier, and definitely the more nimble of the two frames. It is also surprisingly light for a steel frame, very light in fact.

The honzo is more descent oriented than the n9, its long, low and really wants you to rip down descents faster than one would expect to DH on a hardtail. Definitely not as flickable as the n9 but just as fun in a different way.

If one is to generalize. I would say that the the n9 is a 7.5 on the mountain bike discipline spectrum with XC (1) to DH (10). The Honzo is a very solid 9.

Both are awesome, both fit 29 and 27.5 plus, but the n9 is a easier to climb while the honzo is more stable at speed going downhill.

hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ledude View Post
    Hi, I'll chime in and attempt to help. I'm fortunate enough to have a decent amount of hours on both a 2016 honzo and 2016 nimble 9 (both in size medium).

I understand how it is easy for people to categorize these bikes together as they are both aggressive 29er hardtails but they really do feel pretty different.

The nimble 9 has a reach that is shorter than the honzo by 1.6" - a substantial amount in its contribution to the way the frame handles/rides. It is twitchier, and definitely the more nimble of the two frames. It is also surprisingly light for a steel frame, very light in fact.

The honzo is more descent oriented than the n9, its long, low and really wants you to rip down descents faster than one would expect to DH on a hardtail. Definitely not as flickable as the n9 but just as fun in a different way.

If one is to generalize. I would say that the the n9 is a 7.5 on the mountain bike discipline spectrum with XC (1) to DH (10). The Honzo is a very solid 9.

Both are awesome, both fit 29 and 27.5 plus, but the n9 is a easier to climb while the honzo is more stable at speed going downhill.

hope that helps.
    Thanks! Very helpful info. I was especially interested in the 2016 N9 since it went on a diet. I think I'll end up going with a 2016 N9 as I really want something that can still do XC type rides. I actually tried to order a LG Honzo from Bikeman today. The order went through then I got an email from them telling me they were out of stock. I guess it's a sign from the MTB Gods?

mtbr member
    ledude, where would you put the climbing on your Honzo ti camped to the st and N9? Didn't you have a Honzo st before the ti?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    ledude, where would you put the climbing on your Honzo ti camped to the st and N9? Didn't you have a Honzo st before the ti?
    No surprise but the ti honzo wins hands down but the nimble 9 is a very close 2nd.

The steel honzo is heavy....th at why I went to the ti.

Keep in mind my comparison above is from steel honzo to the nimble 9.

It would be unfair to compare the ti honzo to the nimble 9. Granted, the nimble 9 is great at climbing, it really is a close 2nd to the ti honzo - the n9 turns into a crotch rocket with a 120mm fork.

mtbr member
    Well I spent the last few days reading through this whole thread... And now I really want a Honzo st! Unfortunately I just bought a new Jamis Dragon Pro a few months ago, got a good deal on a leftover '15, but I had been torn between 29 and 650b. Now you all have me thinking about trying to sell my Dragon haha! The Honzo Med is a little longer and has a little more reach than my bike, with a lower standover which I would also appreciate... Darn you all
    Riding a Brooks saddle mounted to Reynolds 853

mtbr member
    Thanks for the comparisons ledude. And sorry the autocorrect on my phone.

I had a feeling the ti would be the best of both worlds. I got to ogle one at Sea Otter. It was dreamy. It was built but still super light for a Honzo. Makes a guy wonder...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the comparisons ledude. And sorry the autocorrect on my phone.

I had a feeling the ti would be the best of both worlds. I got to ogle one at Sea Otter. It was dreamy. It was built but still super light for a Honzo. Makes a guy wonder...
    If you put a gun to my head and made me choose 1 bike to own out of all the bikes I've ever owned - I would answer without hesitation , kona honzo ti.

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by ledude View Post
    If you put a gun to my head and made me choose 1 bike to own out of all the bikes I've ever owned - I would answer without hesitation , kona honzo ti.
    I haven't owned that many higher end bikes, but tested a few and the Ti Honzo is by far my favourite. Even with a slacker HA it feels quicker and nimbler than the more xc oriented Devinci Atlas that I had prior to this. And worlds apart from the steel '13 Honzo that I had before that.

(Owned 2013 Devinci Atlas, 2012 Cannondale FR Scalpel, 2013 Honzo)
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    How does the honzo ride with a 120mm fork. I have only ridden with a 140mm on all three of my Honzo's . But I been thinking of dropping it to 120mm making if more xc oriented.
    whats your thoughts? and opinions of course

Andrew

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by konacrasher View Post
    How does the honzo ride with a 120mm fork. I have only ridden with a 140mm on all three of my Honzo's . But I been thinking of dropping it to 120mm making if more xc oriented.
    whats your thoughts? and opinions of course

Andrew
    I have always had a 120 on my Honzo and it is a great all around bike. I use it on XC rides, but I wouldn't call it XC oriented. It still has an affinity going down. Remember, you are talking about a difference of 3/4".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    I haven't owned that many higher end bikes, but tested a few and the Ti Honzo is by far my favourite. Even with a slacker HA it feels quicker and nimbler than the more xc oriented Devinci Atlas that I had prior to this. And worlds apart from the steel '13 Honzo that I had before that.

(Owned 2013 Devinci Atlas, 2012 Cannondale FR Scalpel, 2013 Honzo)
    I would also agree with the 2013 to 2016 comparison. Except I own the steel version of each. I compliance from the 16 takes it to the next level.

Norđwegr
    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-1234.jpg
    WTB:

mtbr member
    I took a pic like that too when I first got my '16. It was to emulate a frind always post that type of a shot on instagram of how he was dressed for the day.

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-hozno-party-tt.jpg

Norđwegr
    As you can see I went with shoes, I figured nude frame; nude man.
    WTB:

mtbr member
    As you can see I went with shoes, I figured nude frame; nude man.
    Sounds like you should visit Portland Oregon

Norđwegr
    Haha, I have a friend who lives there so that's an option

For anyone interested, this cage matches the Ti Honzo quite nicely and doesn't cost an arm. It appears to be sold under a few different 'brands', but the below is the cheapest one out of the lot.
    Gobike88 KREX Titanium Bottle Cage 28g 133 | eBay
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Here's my Honzo AL/DL

Picked it up last week, and was able to take it out over the weekend. Hit a variety of trails. It's really cool to ride trails I'm used to, but with an eye for new and different line choices. I'm really happy with this bike. It's a nice alternative to my Nomad.

Parts spec is fine, the only thing I may want to change later on is the fork but the bike hit at a great price point, I kind of don't want to go down the rabbit hole of upgrades. I know it's inevitable, but for now I think I should appreciate the bike as is for now.

I think...

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    Nice ride, only thing I'd get for that would be a dropper. Why would you want to replace a fox34?
    WTB:

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Nice ride, only thing I'd get for that would be a dropper. Why would you want to replace a fox34?
    I like the feel of the Pike better. It's what I have on the Nomad too. I'm spending some time with the Fox to try and set it up so that it will work better for me. I usually run my forks pretty stiff, with rebound on the faster side. After initial setup I'm finding the fork a bit harsh off the top. I'm not making any decisions on the fork right now, gonna spend some time with it and see how it goes.

I don't mind the lack of a dropper right now, but I will be adding one eventually.

mtbr member
    Newbie Question here, At what length is consider too short when cutting a Steerer tube on a new 120mm Travel Fork?
    Bike~less

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEET View Post
    Newbie Question here, At what length is consider too short when cutting a Steerer tube on a new 120mm Travel Fork?
    It depends on your frame, the length you need is the head tube length+ stack height of your headset & stem + any spacers. Best to assemble it without inserting the star nut, mark the length then cut rather than just trying to calculate it, just to be safe!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidfs View Post
    It depends on your frame, the length you need is the head tube length+ stack height of your headset & stem + any spacers. Best to assemble it without inserting the star nut, mark the length then cut rather than just trying to calculate it, just to be safe!
    Confusing, not sure what I'm suppose to do with those numbers.

'16 Kona Honzo XL - HT Length - 110mm (I Think)
    FSA Orbit 1.5 ZS Internal Headset - Stack Height 16.9+2.9 = 19.8mm
    Crank Brothers Iodine 1 Stem - Stack Height 47mm
    I have a total of 5 spacers - 20mm, 10mm, & 3x 5mm
    Bike~less

mtbr member
    So 110+19.8+47+(20+10+5+5+5) = 221.8 mm, or about 8.75" do fairly long, but it's an xl frame with a decent stack of spacers so that makes sense

the air is thin up here..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1234.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	1072766
    I took a pic like that too when I first got my '16. It was to emulate a frind always post that type of a shot on instagram of how he was dressed for the day.

Name:	Hozno Party TT.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	433.0 KB 
ID:	1072806
    New bar day for me, so I'll throw my pic in too. Cheapo 810mm as a trial, up from 710mm... so far so good.

Note that I had the orange shoes well before I had anything else orange
    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-20160601_104803_hdr.jpg
    2016 Honzo Ti SS
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon commuter
    2 bikes, 2 gears.
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Finished my build last night, cant wait to hit the trails!

1. Large 2016 Kona Honzo ST
    2. Fox 34 Talas CTD 140mm (2015)
    3. Race Face Atlas 35m clamp 50mm stem
    4. Race Face Atlas 35mm x 800mm handlebar
    5. Race Face Turbine wheel set
    6. Thomson seat post
    7. Specialized Body Geometry saddle
    8. Shimano Zee rear derailleur (freeride spec) 9. Shimano Zee 175mm crankset w/ XT BB
    10. Shimano SLX 10s shifter
    11. Shimano 105 chain
    12. Shimano HG50 10sp 11-36 cassette
    13. Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes w/ Ice Tech pads
    14. Cane Creek 40 Zs44/56 Tapered Headset
    15. ODI Vans lock on grips
    16. Forte Convert platform pedals
    17. Maxxis Ardent 2.4 front and rear
    18. NW china ring 32T

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_3822.jpg

Norđwegr
    I have a weird noise coming from my bike whenever I go over rough ground, can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I've checked every cable and my final resort is to roll down a hill without a chain to see if that's the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    New bar day for me, so I'll throw my pic in too. Cheapo 810mm as a trial, up from 710mm... so far so good.

Note that I had the orange shoes well before I had anything else orange

Name:	20160601_104803_HDR.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	275.3 KB 
ID:	1073738
    How tall are you? If I got anything larger than what I have now I'd either achieve flight or bash into a tree which I'm already close to doing with my 725s on a 45mm stem.
    WTB:

I have a weird noise coming from my bike whenever I go over rough ground, can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I've checked every cable and my final resort is to roll down a hill without a chain to see if that's the culprit.

How tall are you? If I got anything larger than what I have now I'd either achieve flight or bash into a tree which I'm already close to doing with my 725s on a 45mm stem.
    The cause of my recent creaking was loose ish chainring bolts. But my '12 had a creaking headset cup that made noise from day 1.

I'm 6'7... My 710mm bar felt A bit narrow. It didn't on my '12, but these days everything is so wide, even stock. I'm definitely paranoid about trees, and there will be a few spots on local trails where I'll have to stop to get through.
    2016 Honzo Ti SS
    2 bikes, 2 gears.
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

honzo st

2016 honzo st
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-20160529_083559.jpg  

Norđwegr
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBro View Post
    Finished my build last night, cant wait to hit the trails!

1. Large 2016 Kona Honzo ST
    2. Fox 34 Talas CTD 140mm (2015)
    3. Race Face Atlas 35m clamp 50mm stem
    4. Race Face Atlas 35mm x 800mm handlebar
    5. Race Face Turbine wheel set
    6. Thomson seat post
    7. Specialized Body Geometry saddle
    8. Shimano Zee rear derailleur (freeride spec) 9. Shimano Zee 175mm crankset w/ XT BB
    10. Shimano SLX 10s shifter
    11. Shimano 105 chain
    12. Shimano HG50 10sp 11-36 cassette
    13. Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes w/ Ice Tech pads
    14. Cane Creek 40 Zs44/56 Tapered Headset
    15. ODI Vans lock on grips
    16. Forte Convert platform pedals
    17. Maxxis Ardent 2.4 front and rear
    18. NW china ring 32T

Name:	IMG_3822.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	1073740
    Quote Originally Posted by layneends View Post
    2016 honzo st
    Nice bikes! Loved my steel honzo.

The cause of my recent creaking was loose ish chainring bolts. But my '12 had a creaking headset cup that made noise from day 1.

I'm 6'7... My 710mm bar felt A bit narrow. It didn't on my '12, but these days everything is so wide, even stock. I'm definitely paranoid about trees, and there will be a few spots on local trails where I'll have to stop to get through.
    That explains it, you're a foot taller than me!
    I've found that in spots where my 725 bar is too wide to pass leaning the bike over isn't necessarily the best idea, usually end up with a crank on the ground that way.

My noise occurs when the ground rattles the bike, so I don't think it's a creak from a static part, atleast that would have been an easy-ish fix.
    WTB:

Bnerd
    The trickle down effect has begun.

I've swapped out the stock RS Rev for a Fox Float 34 CAD w/ Trail Adjust. I've also bringing the front wheel from my other bike as well. The Banshee Prime is getting a new Fox 36 and front wheel.

I've already had a ride this evening with the "new" fork on the Honzo. It was the local bike association's weekly evening ride/race.
    The course this week was in the bike park. You pedal up and ride down. The ride is held after the lifts close so that there isn't any trail conflicts with riding uphill in the park.

I'm stoked on how solid the 34 feels! I've ridden this course several years in a row and the Revelation just doesn't do it. Usually my hands and wrists are hurting after this ride. But this evening with the new fork not a peep of soreness.

The Revelation has definitely held its own with what I've ridden with it. But it definitely was under gunned regularly by the terrain and and how I ride.

The 34 was feeling under gunned on my Prime. That is why I'm upgrading to the 36.

Because I was trusting the Honzo with the 34 more I was seriously pushing the speed and line choices this evening. I was taking some lines I normally ride on my DH bike! I wasn't riding them as fast as on my DH bike. It is still a hardtail after all!

I had extended the travel on the Revelation from 120mm to 140mm but it never sat at 140mm. It was around 133ish.
    The 34 is at 140mm and has a bigger A2C. Which means the bars are a bit taller and now the front end is properly slacked out.

Last edited by RideEverything; 06-03-2016 at 08:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Nice bike brother. The honzo is really timeless!

Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    The trickle down effect has begun.

I've swapped out the stock RS Rev for a Fox Float 34 CAD w/ Trail Adjust. I've also bringing the front wheel from my other bike as well. The Banshee Prime is getting a new Fox 36 and front wheel.

I've already had a ride this evening with the "new" fork on the Honzo. It was the local bike association's weekly evening ride/race.
    The course this week was in the bike park. You pedal up and ride down. The ride is held after the lifts close so that there isn't any trail conflicts with riding uphill in the park.

I'm stoked on how solid the 34 feels! I've ridden this course several years in a row and the Revelation just doesn't do it. Usually my hands and wrists are hurting after this ride. But this evening with the new fork not a peep of soreness.

The Revelation has definitely held its own with what I've ridden with it. But it definitely was under gunned regularly by the terrain and and how I ride.

The 34 was feeling under gunned on my Prime. That is why I'm upgrading to the 36.

Because I was trusting the Honzo with the 34 more I was seriously pushing the speed and line choices this evening. I was taking some lines I normally ride on my DH bike! I wasn't riding them as fast as on my DH bike. It is still a hardtail after all!

I had extended the travel on the Revelation from 120mm to 140mm but it never sat at 140mm. It was around 133ish.
    The 34 is at 140mm and has a bigger A2C. Which means the bars are a bit taller and now the front end is properly stacked out.

Norđwegr
    The blue ones look like sleeperbikes too me, the frame looks more xc-ish than trail and that really puts people to shame when they try to keep up going down :P

Anyone tried a 2.5 DHF on the rear? I was going to buy a 2.3 DHR2, but it sold out before I pulled the trigger. So it's either going to be a 2.5 DHF or 2.4 DHR2 for wet and muddy rides. Rolling resistance is really a non-issue, I have fun on fatbikes.
    WTB:

The blue ones look like sleeperbikes too me, the frame looks more xc-ish than trail and that really puts people to shame when they try to keep up going down :P

Anyone tried a 2.5 DHF on the rear? I was going to buy a 2.3 DHR2, but it sold out before I pulled the trigger. So it's either going to be a 2.5 DHF or 2.4 DHR2 for wet and muddy rides. Rolling resistance is really a non-issue, I have fun on fatbikes.
    I think Maxxis is releasing a 2.5 DHR this summer along with 3.0s etc, but forget where I read that.

Have you tried a Magic Mary?
    2016 Honzo Ti SS
    2 bikes, 2 gears.
    www.mngnt.com

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by brotheronwheel View Post
    Nice bike brother. The honzo is really timeless!
    Thanks!

I have always enjoyed my Honzo. But this season something has changed and I've seriously fallen in love with the bike! Now with the Fox 34 I'm over the moon with how it rides!!!

I split my time between the Honzo and my Banshee Prime. And I ride all of the same trails on both bikes. Both have different ride techniques, line choices and speed but I get way more satisfaction from the Honzo when I dial a hairy line in on that bike.
    The bonus is that after riding the Honzo I can smash lines at crazy speed on my Prime!
    It might become dangerous now that both bikes have had a burly fork upgrade!

As to the Honzo XC looking comment, that is true. But here in Whistler anybody that rides a pinner XC bike puts most people to shame on the ups and the burly downs. Watching some of those guys pin it down some of the crazy lines here makes you shake your head in awe at the skill that they possess!

Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Thanks!

I have always enjoyed my Honzo. But this season something has changed and I've seriously fallen in love with the bike! Now with the Fox 34 I'm over the moon with how it rides!!!

Which model of Revelation did you have on it before? I have a '12 RCT3 (not the stock one) on mine and have liked it a lot so far, but might be upgrading for next year.
    2016 Honzo Ti SS
    2 bikes, 2 gears.
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Prior to making the switch to 27+, I was running DHF 2.5's front and rear. AWESOME setup... Those tires are burly so you don't have to be too careful with line choice - the negative is they are heavy, but you should be no stranger to that if you have fun on fat bikes! These have definitely been my go-to 29er tires. Also, rolling resistance isn't an issue, they roll great for such a nobby tire.

Bnerd
    Which model of Revelation did you have on it before? I have a '12 RCT3 (not the stock one) on mine and have liked it a lot so far, but might be upgrading for next year.
    I had the stock 2012 Revelation Dual Air.

I did the mod of pulling the spacer out of it to bump the travel up to 140mm from the stock 120mm. However, the fork never sat at 140mm. I pulled it apart and researched what could be causing it but never figured it out. But the fork worked fine even with the less than max travel.

I'm big, 6'6" and 240ish lbs. The fork did alright under me but I always worried that I'd break it. Even with the 20mm TA it wasn't stiff enough. I had a ton of flex.
    I guess it's a testament to how strong the 32mm stanchioned Rev is that I still haven't broken it!

Norđwegr
    I think Maxxis is releasing a 2.5 DHR this summer along with 3.0s etc, but forget where I read that.

Have you tried a Magic Mary?
    I haven't, but I found a MM 2.35 on sale which I decided to order, cost be half of what the 2.4 DHR would have so that's a bonus. Got a trailstar hans dampf to pair it up with which I used as a front tire for a brief period, found it to be a bit too slippery for use on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    Prior to making the switch to 27+, I was running DHF 2.5's front and rear. AWESOME setup... Those tires are burly so you don't have to be too careful with line choice - the negative is they are heavy, but you should be no stranger to that if you have fun on fat bikes! These have definitely been my go-to 29er tires. Also, rolling resistance isn't an issue, they roll great for such a nobby tire.
    Thanks for the input, I think there's a 2.5 DHF in my future, unless the above is true and that there's going to be a 2.5 DHR.
    WTB: