Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,200 of 3796
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

2014 Kona Honzo For Sale

For Sale- 2014 Kona Honzo size large
    Set up currently as single speed but easily converts to 10spd
    Needs a front brake rotor and caliper adapter. Has new 2015 fox float 120mm fork, new 2016 Shimano deore brake set
    Race face carbon seat post, stans flow ex wheel set slx crankset w/ new bottom bracket... $1000 or best reasonable offer
    Bike has not been ridden since 2014 and has 58 miles on it... Only damage to the frame are a few scuffs, very light at that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-honzo-1.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2825.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2826.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2828.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2830.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2831.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2832.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2833.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2834.jpg  

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_2835.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Collins View Post
    Slow day at work...

@Harry: Yes! You can swap out the air shaft for the size you want... within reason. Usually about $30 US.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgicklhorn View Post
    RockShox Revelation 130 Air Shaft, Solo Air Revelation,

I just did this for my 27.5 Revelation as part of a rebuild, peace of cake.
    Thanks for the quick answers!

Bnerd
    @quickjaun
    I'm mildly disappointed that you deleted all your recent posts. But, I really do understand why you might have done it. I've just recently had a drunken rant on FB that got me in trouble with my employer. So, I totally understand the deletion.
    I thought it was entertaining how you were poking the hornet's nest. Although, you were being a bit of a dick about it. It was still fun to read, though.
    I was going to quote your call out on my post because I thought it funny.

Anyway, I've had a few rides on my OG Honzo with the chainstays pulled out to the longest. And, holy shit, does the bike feel good at speed through the tech! I really didn't think there'd be that much of a difference in ride feel to the bike but, damn, does the bike feel planted when charging through the chunder tech!
    The bike still feels snappy through the turns and it still manuals easy but, suddenly, it carries this guy solidly through root/rock infested trail at speed in substantially more control than ever before.

I've been doing some reading and the trend for super short rear centres (chainstays) may have gone too far. Especially for tall folk.
    Now that I've pulled the chainstays out to their longest on the Honzo the bike has come alive when charging. Rather than trying to reign it in and hold on through the chop I can really let it go and point and shoot. And, I can also still smash corners.

Maybe my riding style has changed since I first picked up the OG Honzo. But, I'm still loving riding this bike with the new setup.

@chaddwick75
    I may not be the right person/bike nerd to be taking advice from but I've never done anything to my frame. I read everything about framesaver / anti-rust / prepping steel frames but literally did nothing to my 2012 Honzo from the day I got in April 2012.
    I live and ride in a temperate rain forest and my frame does have rust happening but it's surface rust. I just ride the shit out of my bike and if it dies because of rust I'm at the point now that it doesn't owe me anything. I personally believe that it's all just cosmetics. I take care of my bikes but don't fully nerd out on the care of my bikes.

Take that info and do what you like with it.
    I think you should take a brush to the surface rust that's on your frame and liberally grease the threads and ride the eff out of the bike and not worry about it.

Nor­wegr
    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-eddy_honzo_titues-2731.jpg

Anyone know wether or not frames come with the tabs to mount a stealth dropper cable on the downtube?

Mine just has the screws.

Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post

@chaddwick75
    I may not be the right person/bike nerd to be taking advice from but I've never done anything to my frame. I read everything about framesaver / anti-rust / prepping steel frames but literally did nothing to my 2012 Honzo from the day I got in April 2012.
    I live and ride in a temperate rain forest and my frame does have rust happening but it's surface rust. I just ride the shit out of my bike and if it dies because of rust I'm at the point now that it doesn't owe me anything. I personally believe that it's all just cosmetics. I take care of my bikes but don't fully nerd out on the care of my bikes.
    I partially agree, the frame doesn't need it to last a very, very long time; but some enjoy the aesthetics of not having rust on their bike :P

I don't go completely overboard with the inner nerd either, but something as quick and easy as framesaver/oiling the frame before building it is something I can live with.

mtbr member
    Do any of you guys ride clipped in on your Honzo? I seem to lose my foot placement on trails with lot's of rocks and roots at speed.

Nor­wegr
    Yes, always clipped in. Lets med have more control og the vike and the pedalstrokes feel more efficient.

the air is thin up here..
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Mackenzie View Post
    Do any of you guys ride clipped in on your Honzo? I seem to lose my foot placement on trails with lot's of rocks and roots at speed.
    I always ride clipped, for that exact reason. And pedaling efficiency, and not having to be concerned with where my feet are.
    2016 Honzo Ti SS
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon commuter
    2 bikes, 2 gears.
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post

Anyone know wether or not frames come with the tabs to mount a stealth dropper cable on the downtube?

Mine just has the screws.

I partially agree, the frame doesn't need it to last a very, very long time; but some enjoy the aesthetics of not having rust on their bike :P

I don't go completely overboard with the inner nerd either, but something as quick and easy as framesaver/oiling the frame before building it is something I can live with.
    It is kind of hit/miss as to whether or not Kona includes the p-clips with the frame. The p-clips are fastened to the frame with the (2) bolts on the downtube non driveside (closer to the headtub) and also with the (2) bolts that secure the bottle cages...in total you would have (4) p-clips that get held in place with the (4) bolts noted above that allow the stealth hose to be routed/secured...probably easier to buy them from your local hardware store....

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-black_plastic_p_clips_parent.jpg

Nor­wegr
    Thanks, I PMed some people I know have the TI frame and it seems none of the ones who have replied so far got any clips. Kona only offered me email ping pong, not impressed by that in the slightest.

I wasn't sure what the name was in English, so google didn't bring me much before I tried it with p-clip :P

Going to order some asap aswell as running by a hardware store to see if I can find anything that matches.

mtbr member
    Harry, what shoes and flats are using? I ride Sombrios and 5.10s on straitline pedals. My feet very very rarely slip off or bounce off. Stealth rubber is for real.

I have tried clip less but they scare me going downhill for some reason. I do use them on the road bike though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Harry, what shoes and flats are using? I ride Sombrios and 5.10s on straitline pedals. My feet very very rarely slip off or bounce off. Stealth rubber is for real.

I have tried clip less but they scare me going downhill for some reason. I do use them on the road bike though.
    Fiveten Impacts and Blackspire Sub4 pedals. It grips so good that if I go too fast through a rough section I lose my footing and its so sticky that I can't readjust. I end up having to scrub a lot of speed or stop.

mtbr member
    Can you get longer pins for your pedals? The straitline pins are crazy sharp and a decent length. I also try to use as few as possible so the weight of my foot spreads out less and is concentrated on each pin more.

mtbr member
    Can you get longer pins for your pedals? The straitline pins are crazy sharp and a decent length. I also try to use as few as possible so the weight of my foot spreads out less and is concentrated on each pin more.
    The pins are pretty long. Way bigger than the pins on my Shimano Saints on my FS bike and I never have problems on those. I think you bring up a great point about using fewer pins. I'm gonna remove some pins before my next ride. May help me get my foot re-positioned in case I lose footing again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Anybody try fitting a Surly Dirt Wizard 27.5+ in their (2015 steel) Honzo?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    What about frame weight of the Honzo AL?

Nor­wegr
    If you check the threading for your pedals you can screw whatever you want in there, your local hardware store should have myriads of lengths to choose from

mtbr member
    If you check the threading for your pedals you can screw whatever you want in there, your local hardware store should have myriads of lengths to choose from
    True, grub screws will usually match up.

Skid
    Oh boy, did I do good today!

2014 Factory 34 FLOAT w/ 140mm travel CTD, FIT. Unused and uncut for $400 CAD. Goodbye 120mm Sektor!

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-dsc_0227.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by H@L@ View Post
    Oh boy, did I do good today!

2014 Factory 34 FLOAT w/ 140mm travel CTD, FIT. Unused and uncut for $400 CAD. Goodbye 120mm Sektor!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0227.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	1065799
    Are you gonna upgrade the damper to FIT4? I heard its only gonna cost $150 CAD to do it.

Skid
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddwick25 View Post
    Are you gonna upgrade the damper to FIT4? I heard its only gonna cost $150 CAD to do it.
    I was actually checking that out tonight and think it'll be part of my future plans. This is my first Fox fork so I'll see how it plays out this summer.

Skid
    Quick question for anyone running a Reverb Stealth w/ connectamajig in a medium frame.

I'm looking to purchase the new 2016 480mm version because it'll offer optimal riding height and drop. I've made all the right measurements and it looks like this post will fit perfectly. However, I'm worried that the connectamajig will put the hydraulic housing below the frame's stealth port. Could anyone toss me the measured length from the bottom of the post to the end of the connectamajig? Otherwise, any input and. or suggestions?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by H@L@ View Post
    I was actually checking that out tonight and think it'll be part of my future plans. This is my first Fox fork so I'll see how it plays out this summer.
    I also just switched over from a sektor that was on my WFO 9. I picked this up at the PO today. Unfortunately its gonna be at least two weeks until I can ride it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-p_20160424_020648.jpg  

Nor­wegr
    That's a nice deal on the Fox, you can sometimes get them on steepandcheap.com for around that price for anyone else who's looking. (It's an outlet for backcountry.com)

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Needing some advice from all you Honzo-heads out there. I have my first gen (2012) Honzo which I have loved since I bought it in 2012. I have done minimal upgrades to the components with exception of the bars, grips, seat dropper, etc. Now I want to replace the WTB rims with some lighter, but hopefully not too expensive ones. Any suggestions? Also, is it possible to go through axle on the back instead of the QR skewer?

Thanks in advance,

Derek

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I highly recommend the Roval Traverse Fattie. It's not a fat tire wheelset, despite the name, but it is wide.

$600, 29mm inner width and under 1800g. I run 18-20psi without any problems.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/co...ttie-29/106122

Nor­wegr
    Quote Originally Posted by dzilla View Post
    Also, is it possible to go through axle on the back instead of the QR skewer?
    Yes, but you'd have to get a hold of a dealer, perhaps bikeman.com could help you out.
    Konas online store no longer shows those parts. I believe they were $30 for each side and then you'd need a maxle on top of that which is another $40-50.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Regarding the guy who got a Fox 34, or anyone else who runs one: FYI, new FIT4 dampers are USD $200 straight from Fox, and they'll throw in new seals if you ask. I've done this for my 2012, and it's great, though I miss the old compression settings.

But I think you were referring to the new offer from Fox to replace the air spring, for USD $100. That's a really good deal, and I'll be taking Fox up on it soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    So how is everyone liking running a 51mm offset on the honzos? I heard they recommend 46mm offset?

Also, what travel are you guys running? I have a fox36 at 140 and wondering if its too long of a travel for the honzo?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brotheronwheel View Post
    So how is everyone liking running a 51mm offset on the honzos? I heard they recommend 46mm offset?

Also, what travel are you guys running? I have a fox36 at 140 and wondering if its too long of a travel for the honzo?
    If it's too much travel for you I will gladly do a trade with you for my 120 pike rc.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Just want to say something about the Honzo... I have a 2014 Honzo running a Pike and mid spec components. This thing completely shreds trail up and especially down I raced a XC race on it this past weekend and got 3rd overall in Cat 2. In a race stacked with tons of Lightweight race rigs and dudes looking lean as hell I thought there is no way, but the coarse had steep rocky climbs and the weight of the honzo I think actually helped stay planted and kept traction and the descents the Honzo handled with ease. The coarse was 22 miles long with 3800' of elevation gain and the Honzo chewed it all up. F!@#ing Awesome bike!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    @brother: 51mm offset is great; running a 34 140mm and the stiffness of the fork matches the frame's own. I think 140 is perfect travel fit for me -- very aggressive riding, lots of rocks/roots, punchy and long climbs, etc...

@maximo: Hell yeah! As long as the engine's good, the Honzo's frame's not too heavy. I regularly ride/race singlespeed against buds on ~20lb Ti and carbon whips, and hold my own happily. When I get smoked on a longer climb, it's not my bike's fault. BTW: carbon rims help a heap.

Nor­wegr
    If it's too much travel for you I will gladly do a trade with you for my 120 pike rc.
    Why not get a new airshaft? It's only a $30 or so part.

Quote Originally Posted by brotheronwheel View Post

My pike is a 51mm offset 140mm, love it! I will try it at 130mm after my next rebuild though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Why not get a new airshaft? It's only a $30 or so part.

My pike is a 51mm offset 140mm, love it! I will try it at 130mm after my next rebuild though.
    I run mine at 130mm 51 offset, way better than the stock set up and feels more balanced than the travel at 140.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I have a question, noticed that my rear wheel (Flow Ex on Hope Pro 2 hubs) does not sit quite centered. Can I have done something wrong with the install or should I try and align it by tightening and loosening the spokes?

Skid
    I also just switched over from a sektor that was on my WFO 9. I picked this up at the PO today. Unfortunately its gonna be at least two weeks until I can ride it.
    Nice! I was planning to run a Pike myself but was hard pressed to find a good deal. I'm playing the waiting game myself because now I have to track down a conversion kit for my 20mm hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Collins View Post
    Regarding the guy who got a Fox 34, or anyone else who runs one: FYI, new FIT4 dampers are USD $200 straight from Fox, and they'll throw in new seals if you ask. I've done this for my 2012, and it's great, though I miss the old compression settings.

But I think you were referring to the new offer from Fox to replace the air spring, for USD $100. That's a really good deal, and I'll be taking Fox up on it soon.
    Yeah, I was a little confused by that. The air spring will be changed out in due time but it's good to know that the FIT4 damper is available as well. I'm gonna keep an eye on the forums to see if any threads related to the upgrade start popping up. I'd be interested to hear just how much of a difference these upgrades will make.

Quote Originally Posted by maximo View Post
    Just want to say something about the Honzo... I have a 2014 Honzo running a Pike and mid spec components. This thing completely shreds trail up and especially down I raced a XC race on it this past weekend and got 3rd overall in Cat 2. In a race stacked with tons of Lightweight race rigs and dudes looking lean as hell I thought there is no way, but the coarse had steep rocky climbs and the weight of the honzo I think actually helped stay planted and kept traction and the descents the Honzo handled with ease. The coarse was 22 miles long with 3800' of elevation gain and the Honzo chewed it all up. F!@#ing Awesome bike!
    Hell yeah, man. I definitely think the Honzo could be a great weapon when ran in the right environment.

To be honest, I thought I was slower the first few weeks I started riding my Honzo. Coming from 26" wheels and much more aggressive XC geometry, I felt like I lost a lot of playfulness on the trail and climbing just wasn't snappy. However, once I got use to throwing a bit more weight around and really trusting the roll over of the larger wheels, climbs have become a lot more efficient and I'm making up huge time on the downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dines View Post
    I have a question, noticed that my rear wheel (Flow Ex on Hope Pro 2 hubs) does not sit quite centered. Can I have done something wrong with the install or should I try and align it by tightening and loosening the spokes?
    Is this on a '16 ST frame? If so, check your dropouts to see if the securing bolts have backed off. I had one side come loose during my first real ride and it cause the wheel to run a bit crooked. A bit of loctite and good torque cleared it up.

If your dropouts are fixed, I'd check to see if your wheel is seated properly in the dropouts. If that seems fine, then move on to checking the wheel's dish.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Hello, maybe you can help me..
    do you think that a medium 2015 Honzo frame would be too long for 5,75 height ( 172cm )?. I could fit a 30mm stem to shorten the cockpit maybe.
    Here is the 2015 geometry chart
    KONA BIKES | 2015 BIKES | TRAIL 29" HT | HONZO
    I have found a good offer for a new unridden 2015 medium frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Question for those of you running 27+ on the 2015 or 2016 Honzo - do you think that a 3.0 tire would fit on the back with i35? I know HootBMX had mentioned that he tried the 3.0 trailblazers with his i45's and they were just barely rubbing. If I run those 3.0's on an i35 rim instead, do you think the 3.0 would fit back there?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingleman View Post
    Hello, maybe you can help me..
    do you think that a medium 2015 Honzo frame would be too long for 5,75 height ( 172cm )?. I could fit a 30mm stem to shorten the cockpit maybe.
    Here is the 2015 geometry chart
    KONA BIKES | 2015 BIKES | TRAIL 29" HT | HONZO
    I have found a good offer for a new unridden 2015 medium frame.
    You're righ between sizes so it's just going to come down to your personal preference... I am 5'7 and I am happy with my size small 2015. At 5'7, I am always right between small and medium and I pretty much always preferred to go small. I know people that are even a little bit shorter than me but still prefer medium. Like I said, personal preference. What kind of trails do you ride?

Nor­wegr
    I'm 170 and went with a small, a medium would have worked fine aswell; but personally I prefer the 'playfulness' the smaller size offers.

You could go either way depending on availability and what kind of ride you want, the difference between stability (medium) and playfulness (small) wouldn't be that big but noticable.

mtbr member
    thank you SB666 and Vegard..
    I have always had frames that are low with longish top tubes ( for my height I mean) around 585mm and 590mm..using stems between 55 and 35mm I am sure that I would not go shorter than that but I never had a frame that long as a medium Honzo.. 610mm looks quite long for a medium indeed..but it looks that more and more brands are going this way: short seat tubes, low standover and long reach..maybe we all will adapt to this trend?As I said I could try to use a very short stem but I dont really know what I could expect from a frame that has really short stays and long reach.. Personally I like bikes that have short stays and normal to long top tubes, so I have both a flickable bike that I can wheele easy over obstacles but have long tt so I dont suffer too much to keep the wheel down on the ups.

mtbr member
    @Jingleman, are you dead set on the 2015 med frame? I ask because I have a 2013 small with a CC40 headset for sale.

Nor­wegr
    The '13 has such a nice colour irl, I regret selling mine alot!

mtbr member
    It does, I love the Brownzo! But a medium is a better fit for me and I dig the raw of the 2016 steel.

Zaf
    mtbr member

I pimped her out a bit with stickers and was running single speed for a bit. Gears are back on now, but thought I post some glamour shots.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    New guy - First post here at MTBR. ...so I am looking to do a MTB build over the course of the next few months and have started looking very hard at the Honzo. I took a ST with a 140 Pike for a very short spin and came back amazed at how damn much fun it was to ride. I will be riding New England trails, nothing to downhill crazy just tearing it up with co-workers and friends. Daytrips, after work rides... typical Northern New England woods and exploring. I have been told I am crazy to go with a Honzo as the lack of rear suspension and the bikes geometry will suck comfortwise after anything more than an hour.

What are your thoughts on this as ones ONLY mountain bike? Like I said I thought the bike was a blast. Wheelies, bunny hops... it just made me feel like a 12 year old on a BMX again. That being said... those qualities - do they make this bike kind of a one trick pony? Or am I over thinking this?

Lastly its seems most on this thread have the ST version. I love the look and can have one in my hands by the end of May OR I can take home an AL/DL frame now. The AL has BOOST, is lighter... I even kind of dig the purpleISH color. Why does it seem so few are doing AL builds?

Any input is greatly appreciated. I think I have pretty much made my mind. (I took a several year old SC Tallboy for a ride today... it did absolutely nothing for me. Even though my mind was telling me it should be a better bike for me.

One Trick Pony? Y or N

Good for the kind of riding I will be doing?

AL/DL or ST?

Thanks Again! I'll be watching for and appreciate any responses.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You sir, might be new to mountain bike but you are making a truly sensible decision going with the honzo st at 140.

I agree wholeheartedly, that it s a killer setup. So much so that I didn't ride my full suspension bike when I got the honzo...

Don't even consider the alu, steel and titanium are where ts at with a solid durable hardtail...

Great bike to own if it's your only one...it's super versatile and crazy fun.

Btw, you can pretty much have 2 bikes with a steel honzo. Buy 1 29er wheelset, and 1 27.5plus wheelset...makes for 2 very different ride characteristics. The plus wheelset almost makes the honzo a 1-1.5" rear suspension with the extra high volume tires.

Nor­wegr
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic13 View Post
    I have been told I am crazy to go with a Honzo as the lack of rear suspension and the bikes geometry will suck comfortwise after anything more than an hour.
    I've never noticed the ST having a geo that would suck after an hour, my longest ride is 6hrs up and down a mountain and the bike performed great all the way.

What are your thoughts on this as ones ONLY mountain bike? Like I said I thought the bike was a blast. Wheelies, bunny hops... it just made me feel like a 12 year old on a BMX again. That being said... those qualities - do they make this bike kind of a one trick pony? Or am I over thinking this?
    My TI is my only MTB currently and the bike it replaced was a full suspension Devinci Atlas with a 140mm fork.

One Trick Pony? Y or N

Definitely NO, you can pretty much do anything you want with a Honzo.
    It won't be the best at XC, but it will destroy an XC bike on anything harsher than a gravel road.

Lastly its seems most on this thread have the ST version. I love the look and can have one in my hands by the end of May OR I can take home an AL/DL frame now. The AL has BOOST, is lighter... I even kind of dig the purpleISH color. Why does it seem so few are doing AL builds?
    AL/DL or ST?
    ST/TI will offer a smoother ride quality due to the properties of the metal, AL is stiff and provide a harsher ride. That's in part why people get ST and TI over AL.

AL doesn't have adjustable dropouts so you lose some of the customizing options.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'll echo the two other responses you've gotten... Steel with a 140 fork is fantastic. I've been riding my Honzo around New England for the past few years and it has never let me down. Certainly if you go to Highland and hit larger terrain you'll be a little rattled at the end of the day but for normal XC and trail riding I find the Honzo very comfortable!

You'll also find the members of Club Honzo to be a good bunch!

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_9536.jpg

New guy - First post here at MTBR. ...so I am looking to do a MTB build over the course of the next few months and have started looking very hard at the Honzo. I took a ST with a 140 Pike for a very short spin and came back amazed at how damn much fun it was to ride. I will be riding New England trails, nothing to downhill crazy just tearing it up with co-workers and friends. Daytrips, after work rides... typical Northern New England woods and exploring. I have been told I am crazy to go with a Honzo as the lack of rear suspension and the bikes geometry will suck comfortwise after anything more than an hour.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I think I have pretty much made my mind. (I took a several year old SC Tallboy for a ride today... it did absolutely nothing for me. Even though my mind was telling me it should be a better bike for me.

One Trick Pony? Y or N

AL/DL or ST?

Thanks Again! I'll be watching for and appreciate any responses.

mtbr member
    Hi firemedic,
    I've ridden my '13 steel honzo on a three day trip across the Slovenian outskirts of the alps, and it was excellent. With tubeless tires, the steel frame and the 29er wheels, you compensate quite a bit of chatter at the back. And keep I liked the peace of mind of having fewer moving parts and no shock to worry about (my abra cadabra had a bad failure in the magic link some years back, which left me a branded child with regards to that).
    That being said, on one long descent, I did envy my mates on their fullies who just sat it out, while my thighs complained loudly 😊
    But all in all I was very happy with the honzo on that trip, and on all other rides even more!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    These feedbacks from old and new honzo owners makes me really stoked while waiting for my ti honzo to arrive! I am also planning to put a 140 36 float on it. I guess the bottom line here is that Kona was able to really nail the geometry of the bike in such a way that it will still be confidence inspiring despite lack of rear squish. I have lurked in this forum sub group before pulling the trigger as I have been a full sus guy all my life (started with a hardtail of course 6years ago but a more xc dedicated geometry) and i have yet to encounter any negative feedback about the bike. I think its just so great to be criticized. Well of course people who bought it expected already that its not gonna be as forgiving as any full susser is but a lot enjoy this bike despite that lackness.p