Page 27 of 93 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by i.a.n. View Post
    I'm 5' 11" and got the large frame (20) and a 50mm stem. Fits perfect. I've got a longer inseam than most people my height. My friend is 5' 10" with a similar inseam and she rocked the bike like it was a toy.

I can toss it around with ease.
    This is the good and sometimes bad thing about being 6'. We tend to be able to use a large or medium frame which is great, but it can sure make it harder to decide which size to go.

mtbr member

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Duck View Post
    This is the good and sometimes bad thing about being 6'. We tend to be able to use a large or medium frame which is great, but it can sure make it harder to decide which size to go.
    Agreed. I am actually riding a small Jabberwocky currently. I do not feel cramped on it and it doesn't hinder my riding in any way. The only thing that makes it too small is the fact that I KNOW it's too small...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfuse View Post
    What's up with the weight concern? Do reviews say it is not a good fork for heavier people? I'd rather spend more for a fork that is good for my bodytype, then spend half for a fork that isn't.
    It's not a concern so much as an observation. All the threads I have read seem to echo most people won't notice a difference in stiffness between an F34 and a RS Rev until you get up in rider weight.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    It's not a concern so much as an observation. All the threads I have read seem to echo most people won't notice a difference in stiffness between an F34 and a RS Rev until you get up in rider weight.
    I have not tried an F34, but I do have a Fox 36 160 and a Fox 32 140 (26er forks). I am 160lbs, so not a heavyweight, and I can easily feel the 32 flexing all over the joint. Both forks are 1.125 steerer tube.

I wouldn't expect the 34 to be a rock like the 36, but physics tells me it should be an improvement.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squads View Post
    I have not tried an F34, but I do have a Fox 36 160 and a Fox 32 140 (26er forks). I am 160lbs, so not a heavyweight, and I can easily feel the 32 flexing all over the joint. Both forks are 1.125 steerer tube.

I wouldn't expect the 34 to be a rock like the 36, but physics tells me it should be an improvement.
    I've owned both a 1 1/8 Fox 36 and now the Fox 34, I don't feel I've given anything up but, both are rock solid. 32mm stanchion should have no place on long travel forks IMO, especially on 29ers. They belong on a 100mm SID or F29.
    konahonzo

mtbr member

Honzo

Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-8504146234_371cfaaac0_b.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1758.jpg  

Last edited by carabao; 02-24-2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Larger pic

mtbr member
    nice! and with a wite fork

lidless ascender
    Nice pic, nice bike Looks like that's the only hill in a 100 mile radius

Marko

P.S: BTW, does anyone know the height of a 2013 Honzo (preferably size M)?
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by problematiks View Post
    Nice pic, nice bike Looks like that's the only hill in a 100 mile radius

Marko

P.S: BTW, does anyone know the height of a 2013 Honzo (preferably size M)?
    I ride a medium. What measurement are you referring to? Is it something that isn't on the geo chart, like handlebar height, or are you referring to standover?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carabao View Post
    I ride a medium. What measurement are you referring to? Is it something that isn't on the geo chart, like handlebar height, or are you referring to standover?
    What is your height if you don't mind? That picture makes a medium look a bit smaller than I expected.

mtbr member
    What is your height if you don't mind? That picture makes a medium look a bit smaller than I expected.
    I'm 5'10, 200lbs, 31-32 inch inseam, longish torso. I have that effect on bikes, making them look smaller. You should see how small a 26" bike looks under me. It's similar to a Niner bike medium if you're familiar with that brand.

mtbr member
    Here's a pic of me standing next to my old medium Honzo, same geo.
    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_0614.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm 5'10, 200lbs, 31-32 inch inseam, longish torso. I have that effect on bikes, making them look smaller. You should see how small a 26" bike looks under me. It's similar to a Niner bike medium if you're familiar with that brand.
    Great, thanks for the info. I am definitely going with a large frame. I am 6'1/2", 165lbs, 33" inseam and monkey arms. I can tell from that riding pic that I would be too far out over the back wheel if I rode a medium w/50mm stem.

It also confirms the white fork looks good with the gold

mtbr member
    Great, thanks for the info. I am definitely going with a large frame. I am 6'1/2", 165lbs, 33" inseam and monkey arms. I can tell from that riding pic that I would be too far out over the back wheel if I rode a medium w/50mm stem.

It also confirms the white fork looks good with the gold
    Yeah, a medium would be too small for you. I had to switch to a 65mm stem to open up the cockpit more. A large would have worked for me, but I'd have no standover.

lidless ascender
    Oops, that was a typo...I meant weight.

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    It's been covered so many times.

Cane Creek 40

Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40 EC44/40 1.5" Lower Assembly
    Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 40-Series ZS44 Upper Assembly

Cane Creek 110
    Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 110 EC44/40 1.5" Lower Assembly
    Universal Cycles -- Cane Creek 110-Series ZS44 1 1/8" Upper Assembly

Chris King Inset7
    Universal Cycles -- Chris King Griplock InSet 7 Tapered Headset

Nukerproof
    Nukeproof Warhead 44IETS Headset 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

I have a CC40 and would definitely buy it again, anything above that is just bike bling.

There's also a Hope headset that fits, its lower cup is huge and most likely will have to be special ordered via LBS from Hope UK directly.
    Another noob question, is this independ of the fork used? Still doubting between a fox 34 (really don't like the white), the x-fusion trace (not much info to find on the net about availability), or that rockshox relevation in discount (only 32 stanchion). But is it ok to already order a headset, or do I have to make sure I know which fork I'm going to get first?

mtbr member
    ^ All those mentioned come with a tapered steerer so you're good to go with any headset I've link and it'll work just fine with any tapered fork.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by i.a.n. View Post
    You won't be disappointed. And from what I've read the small is much lighter, so you should be able to get it under 26 pounds.
    Since the price was so nice, I just pulled the trigger on an overstocked 2012 Revelation RCT3 (non-dual position) and headset. Looking forward to getting this project rolling again.

mtbr member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the rear dropout sliders are IS mount style, no? So if I buy a post mount brake, I need an IS to Post mount adapter? This one: Shimano Post Mount Calliper Adapter for Rear IS Frame Mounts | Evans Cycles

mtbr member
    On the '12, yes, IS tab sliders. Can't speak for the '13 model, though I'd assume it's also IS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yeah, it's got ISO tabs. Any shop will have the adapter, they're common. I had a couple floating around in my toolbox. No real issue.

lidless ascender
    Nobody with info about stock Honzo 2013 (size M, but any other will be a good start, too) weight?

Marko

Pictography

mtbr member
    Did you check Honzo frame weight out?
    Edit: excuse me, you probably want the weight of the frame Šnd all stock parts

mtbr member

New fork for 2013 season!

Back to my fork story, my old 2012 Fox 34 Float FIT RLC developed the dreaded CSU creaking midway through lastseason. I finally received my fork back from FOX service yesterday after sitting there for a good solid week. Either way I was only hoping for a rebuild and CSU replacement, but FOX stepped it up and offered to send me a complete new Fox 34 Float. Only choice I had to make was either the 2012 damper FIT RLC or 2013 CTD. I politely declined the CTD stuff, and went for the FIT RLC damper, but they upgraded me to the new and improved Fox Float Air spring (updated for longer travel Floats 130-180mm travel) which has been getting awesome reviews compared to the CTD damper. Definitely is going to be a more linear fork, feeling coil-like almost. And lucked out again and received black lowers as well. Reason for Fox keeping my old fork was they are doing a case study of the creaking CSU by their engineers and would have rather kept my old one whole (not too many 34s have been going back for creaking) instead of only the CSU, no problem with me on that. Once again, I've been surprised by the customer service support at Fox and will continue being their fan boy.
    konahonzo

Page 27 of 93 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast