Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,400 of 4259
  1. #2301
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Put in a preorder for a steel frame. LBS said they will be released early august. Fingers crossed because I rode this morning. The small is starting to feel really small. Should have listened to the guy at the path a couple of years ago. At least I get the new features compared to 2013.

  2. #2302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Put in a preorder for a steel frame. LBS said they will be released early august. Fingers crossed because I rode this morning. The small is starting to feel really small. Should have listened to the guy at the path a couple of years ago. At least I get the new features compared to 2013.
    How tall are you? Curious since you say small is too small

  3. #2303
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Put in a preorder for a steel frame. LBS said they will be released early august. Fingers crossed because I rode this morning. The small is starting to feel really small. Should have listened to the guy at the path a couple of years ago. At least I get the new features compared to 2013.
    your local Kona allows preorder on the 2016 Kona ST? Do you happen to know the proper Bottom Bracket for the 2016 Steel ?
    Bike~less

  4. #2304
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    5'9", I think a 31" cycling inseam, 72" wingspan and currently 195 lbs. The small felt good for a long time. It is only recent that it is feeling too little. I think that is due to both development of core strength on a bike and progression in skills. I have been riding seriously for 4 years now. Also I think it started feeling small once I got a roadbike this year. The distances those cover have helped me ride 25+ miles on my Honzo with ease. It gets cramped after 10-15 miles now.

  5. #2305
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    5'9", I think a 31" cycling inseam, 72" wingspan and currently 195 lbs. The small felt good for a long time. It is only recent that it is feeling too little. I think that is due to both development of core strength on a bike and progression in skills. I have been riding seriously for 4 years now. Also I think it started feeling small once I got a roadbike this year. The distances those cover have helped me ride 25+ miles on my Honzo with ease. It gets cramped after 10-15 miles now.
    Oh yea, you are definitely a medium! But I'm glad to hear that you were at least comfortable on the small. I just bought my frame without riding one and went with the small, but I am 5'7 with a 28.5" inseam, so I definitely made the right choice.

  6. #2306
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by NEET View Post
    your local Kona allows preorder on the 2016 Kona ST? Do you happen to know the proper Bottom Bracket for the 2016 Steel ?
    It BETTER be threaded BB... The press fit BS makes sense for carbon (kind of, I guess...), but I seriously hate that non-sense.

  7. #2307
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by NEET View Post
    your local Kona allows preorder on the 2016 Kona ST? Do you happen to know the proper Bottom Bracket for the 2016 Steel ?
    I am just going to hope for the best on that one. I doubt they switched to a pressfit on the steel because there is no mention of it unlike on the aluminum models.

  8. #2308
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    13
    I asked Kona about the titanium and it has a 73mm BSA BB. I would assume the steel frame is the same.

  9. #2309
    WNC Native
    Reputation: nitrousjunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,242
    Quote Originally Posted by NEET View Post
    Do you happen to know the proper Bottom Bracket for the 2016 Steel ?
    It is threaded. If you download the high res picture, you can see the threads in the BB.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

  10. #2310
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,464
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Put in a preorder for a steel frame. LBS said they will be released early august. Fingers crossed because I rode this morning. The small is starting to feel really small. Should have listened to the guy at the path a couple of years ago. At least I get the new features compared to 2013.
    What's retail on the 2016 frame?
    konahonzo

  11. #2311
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    What's retail on the 2016 frame?
    $525 - it's on the site. Also includes maxle this year which is a sweet bonus (though really, last year should have included an axle too)

  12. #2312
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,646
    For the tires comments, I just went back to larger rear but not too knobby. It's great. Still better between home and trail but good off road. Pleasantly surprised by the Bontrager XR3 and 4 combo.

    My new Honzo obsession is how much lighter the new ti frame would be over my 2014 steel frame.
    ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

  13. #2313
    WNC Native
    Reputation: nitrousjunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,242
    My first Honzo, picked the frame up off a local buddy.



    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

  14. #2314
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711

    First IRL pics of 2016 Honzo st

    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    What's retail on the 2016 frame?
    ♫ Moving on up, To the right size ♫

    Can't wait for Honzo II to hit this summer.

    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-honzo-ii.png

    Build will be straight forward as I am moving everything over from my old Honzo with 2 exceptions; tapered headset and a 40mm stem. A fork along the lines of a 140mm Pike/Stage, Canfield Crampon Ultimates, wider carbon bar, and non-Kona branded stem will all be eventualities. I need to sell off some bin parts.
    Last edited by beer_coffee_water; 07-30-2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: include build specs

  15. #2315
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    39
    @ nitrousjunky you have a beautiful honzo cant stop looking at it. First gen frame, deep blue frame, white wheels, red hubs. Colour wise its a 10.

    Considering my tyre choice. I was looking for trailking, minion dhf or geax goma. But all of.those tyres i would have to order from germany and i was a bit eager to get a new tyre. LBS had a discount on hans dampf.

    So now i have hans dampf trailstar 2.35 upfront and ardent 2.4 at the back. Yesterday went for a test ride it was raining for 4 days and the trail is quite rocky and rooty in those conditions i have to say that difference in grip on the front was better even with a completly new schwalbe. Today we had sun all day so it dried up a bit and the difference is smaller.

  16. #2316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Does anyone know the torque spec on the dropouts for the 2015 frame? Also, is there a particular pattern in which I should be tightening?

  17. #2317
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    177
    Finally have my Honzo cleaned up enough to snap some pictures of. It gets ridden, a lot!
    Built with 4 year old XTR brakes and cranks, some offensively bangin XTR M9020 trail wheels,TI Thomson riser bars, x4 stem, and internal dropper post.

    This bike kicks so much ass, and I honestly can't choose a favorite between it and my 153 in the background!

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

  18. #2318
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,464
    Some action from today....

    konahonzo

  19. #2319
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    ♫ Moving on up, To the right size ♫

    Can't wait for Honzo II to hit this summer.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honzo II.png 
Views:	521 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	1005534

    Build will be straight forward as I am moving everything over from my old Honzo with 2 exceptions; tapered headset and a 40mm stem. A fork along the lines of a 140mm Pike/Stage, Canfield Crampon Ultimates, wider carbon bar, and non-Kona branded stem will all be eventualities. I need to sell off some bin parts.
    did your shop say when to expect the frame ? I was told in October or sooner.
    Bike~less

  20. #2320
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    They said shipping in mid-August sometime. I am going to call them tomorrow and seen if I can get a solid date.

  21. #2321
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,367
    Double-down Sunday: post-Green's Creek, pre-Foose's Creek.
    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-imag1312_mini.jpg
    Trailwrecker at large

  22. #2322
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    They said shipping in mid-August sometime. I am going to call them tomorrow and seen if I can get a solid date.
    LBS stated same thing, Aug to maybe early Sept. Also, said Kona is out at some dealer camp so it isn't a total 100% time-frame lol. Maybe it will come on my birthday in early Sept.

    Sick picture Lubes!

  23. #2323
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    39
    Some short video of me on my Honzo. Didnt know where to post it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZxmberR77A

  24. #2324
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by 3names View Post
    Some short video of me on my Honzo. Didnt know where to post it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZxmberR77A
    Rad footage! This made me want to ride my Honzo now! This groupset cant get delivered fast enough!!!!!

  25. #2325
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    221
    Are complete 2015 honzos still available?

  26. #2326
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by cburgin View Post
    Are complete 2015 honzos still available?
    When I checked a few weeks ago, yes. Ask your local Kona dealer, they will be able to order it. Also, they will likely be discounted... My local dealer was offering me the 2014 complete for $1500 when I was looking, but opted to go with a 2015 frame only.

  27. #2327
    SP Singletrack rocks
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by konaben View Post
    Surely the figures on Konaworld are wrong?
    Kona state the Chain stays are 440mm and the ETT is really short. It also refers to the frame being tapered, yet it's clearly not. I've spotted errors with the copy on other kona bike geometry charts, so hopefully this will be updated wit the correct figures shortly?

    KONA BIKES | 2016 BIKES | HONZO | Honzo Ti

    Please kona, tell me this is a mistake?
    anyone have the weight yet?

  28. #2328
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    107
    Hi. Give me please a link for online shop with Honzo frame. I can't find any with it in stock

  29. #2329
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by q232 View Post
    Hi. Give me please a link for online shop with Honzo frame. I can't find any with it in stock
    I got the last size small 2015 frame from Bikeman.com, the 2016 probably won't be in stock on their site for another month or 2. As far as I know, bikeman is the only online shop that sells honzo frames

  30. #2330
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    I got the last size small 2015 frame from Bikeman.com, the 2016 probably won't be in stock on their site for another month or 2. As far as I know, bikeman is the only online shop that sells honzo frames
    Thank you for your answer. I will be wait 2016 Honzo(

  31. #2331
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    173
    I'm looking forward to the 2016 Honzo ST. I had a 2013 and liked it but couldn't get along with the 51mm offset. A 46mm offset Pike should do the trick.

    I'm curious how those flattened seatstays translate to trail feel and compliance. It looks like they're a carryover from the 2015 version. Anyone have experience on both a Pre 2015 and the 2015 that can speak to it?

  32. #2332
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by howard619 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the 2016 Honzo ST. I had a 2013 and liked it but couldn't get along with the 51mm offset. A 46mm offset Pike should do the trick.

    I'm curious how those flattened seatstays translate to trail feel and compliance. It looks like they're a carryover from the 2015 version. Anyone have experience on both a Pre 2015 and the 2015 that can speak to it?
    This is complete speculation since my 2015 isn't quite built yet, but I would think they flattened out the seat stays to reduce the stiffness a little bit, give a more plush feel and take greater advantage of the steel damping effect... Again, complete speculation

  33. #2333
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by howard619 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the 2016 Honzo ST. I had a 2013 and liked it but couldn't get along with the 51mm offset. A 46mm offset Pike should do the trick.

    I'm curious how those flattened seatstays translate to trail feel and compliance. It looks like they're a carryover from the 2015 version. Anyone have experience on both a Pre 2015 and the 2015 that can speak to it?
    I'll let you know when I get and build my 2016. Coming from a 2013 myself. I do think this is the difference folks are feeling between the 2012-14 to the 2015. That and having the chainstays mounted to a more solid yoke causes them to flex more. I can't remember what page it is on in this thread but someone said the 2015 felt like a more lively ride compared to their older Honzo.

  34. #2334
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HonzoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    I'll let you know when I get and build my 2016. Coming from a 2013 myself. I do think this is the difference folks are feeling between the 2012-14 to the 2015. That and having the chainstays mounted to a more solid yoke causes them to flex more. I can't remember what page it is on in this thread but someone said the 2015 felt like a more lively ride compared to their older Honzo.
    I've ridden a 2012, a 2013 and now I'm on a 2015. Its hard to know whether the ride is much different without riding the different frames with exactly the same build back to back. I'd like to think that the rear end is more forgiving but it might just be all in my head! Its a ripper and always will be, no matter which year you ride.

    On a different note I've just fitted a reverb stealth and it's made the bike even more fun! Also looking for an upgrade on the stock revelation forks as they get a bit lost when the going gets rough. I'm liking the look of the new RS Yari's, could just go for a Pike but I like the idea of a beefier chassis even if I'd be adding a ton of weight in the process!

    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-thumb_img_0478_1024.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-thumb_img_0472_1024.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-thumb_img_0481_1024.jpg

  35. #2335
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    437
    Does anybody have designs on getting a 2016 Alu frame and running it singlespeed? Unless I'm missing something, the only way to do so is with a tensioner, as no eccentric BB will work with the BB92, and the dropouts are fixed. Any ideas?

    If so, I'm saddened. I'm looking for a new, light Honzo (to run SS) to replace my 2012, and I simply can't afford the Ti right now. I wish Kona would've designed the AL frame with something like Trek's stranglehold adjustable dropouts, so one could run SS, or just change the effective CS length.

  36. #2336
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    Hi i`m thinking of building Honzo on 27,5+ wheels (I know that 2015 frame can fit them) but can`t find any info about 2014 model (or maybe even older?) of the frame - does anyone know if they can fit them? Please share some info about that I will be most grateful

  37. #2337
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpepto View Post
    Hi i`m thinking of building Honzo on 27,5+ wheels (I know that 2015 frame can fit them) but can`t find any info about 2014 model (or maybe even older?) of the frame - does anyone know if they can fit them? Please share some info about that I will be most grateful
    I've the 2014 frame, and it doesn't have much clearance beyond the 29" ardent 2.4 that I have on the back.

  38. #2338
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    HonzoTom, I agree...I have had a 2013, 2014, and now the 2015. The geo is the same and I can't say I notice much difference in the rear...but something just feels better on the 15 and I cant put my finger on why ...seems more capable and fun than the earlier years...perhaps the lower toptube or perhaps it's just in my head???

  39. #2339
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    Mrpepto, I have had the 2013 & 2014 frames and there is no way your going be able to run 27.5+ in those frames.

    Like you said, the 2015 is no problem...I 'm running the 2015 Honzo with 45mm scraper rims and now with the specialized ground control 3.0 tires. Unfortunately, I'm getting a slight side knob rub on the chainstay with the ground control 3.0 so I'll be putting the trail blazer 2.8 back on. Trail blazer in the rear seemed faster anyhow and I still never had a problem with grip. To be honest, I'm tempted to bend that bottom bracket yoke outward (would be simple to do with this yoke) about a 1/16" or 1/8 inch to have the clearance for the 3.0 tire.

    All of you with the 2015 Honzo frame or those getting the 2016 frame, you have no idea what your missing out on by not running the 27.5+ setup! I have swapped out the 27.5+ for the 29ers a couple of times and it is a night and day difference in capability...don't ever see putting the 29ers back on again for aggressive riding and most of the riding here in Utah!

  40. #2340
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootbmx View Post
    Mrpepto, I have had the 2013 & 2014 frames and there is no way your going be able to run 27.5+ in those frames.

    Like you said, the 2015 is no problem...I 'm running the 2015 Honzo with 45mm scraper rims and now with the specialized ground control 3.0 tires. Unfortunately, I'm getting a slight side knob rub on the chainstay with the ground control 3.0 so I'll be putting the trail blazer 2.8 back on. Trail blazer in the rear seemed faster anyhow and I still never had a problem with grip. To be honest, I'm tempted to bend that bottom bracket yoke outward (would be simple to do with this yoke) about a 1/16" or 1/8 inch to have the clearance for the 3.0 tire.

    All of you with the 2015 Honzo frame or those getting the 2016 frame, you have no idea what your missing out on by not running the 27.5+ setup! I have swapped out the 27.5+ for the 29ers a couple of times and it is a night and day difference in capability...don't ever see putting the 29ers back on again for aggressive riding and most of the riding here in Utah!
    You're making me regret buying the 29er wheels for my build! Dont have it built yet... I'm gonna start with 29 and maybe get a set of 27.5+ wheels/tires next summer. How are you liking it for the Utah dust??? Does the 27.5+ give a way plusher ride? Make up for no rear suspension?

  41. #2341
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quick question for those with a hollowtech 2 bottom bracket on 2015 frame - since there is no front derailleur, did you just run a single 2.5mm spacer on the drive side? Or no spacers at all? The shimano instructions are a little unclear... Thanks!

  42. #2342
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    39
    I also need help. I tried to take the fork down today but i cant. On my previous bikes i just undid the star nut took away the stem and the fork popped out of the frame. On my 2014 honzo the fork stays firmly in the frame even though i have removed stem and handlebar. Any tricks i should have known?

  43. #2343
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by 3names View Post
    I also need help. I tried to take the fork down today but i cant. On my previous bikes i just undid the star nut took away the stem and the fork popped out of the frame. On my 2014 honzo the fork stays firmly in the frame even though i have removed stem and handlebar. Any tricks i should have known?
    Try tapping with a dead blow hammer or a mallet, shouldn't need to tap too hard. When you do get it out, make sure the headset is very well greased and the fork should be easier to remove next time.

    I figured out the spacer issue btw, was just 1 2.5mm spacer on the drive side

  44. #2344
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    I figured out the spacer issue btw, was just 1 2.5mm spacer on the drive side
    I wonder if that would quiet down my drivetrain also.

  45. #2345
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641

    Ready to ride :-)

    Got my custom Honzo all built up! Had to snap some shots before gettin dirty!

    Build:
    2015 frame size small
    Pike 140mm (46mm offset)
    WTB i25 wheels, DT Swiss 350 front hub, Hope Evo2 rear hub
    Maxis Minion DHF 2.5 front / 2.35 rear
    Shimano Zee brakes
    Shimano Zee crankset
    Shimano XT 11 speed RD and 11-42 cassette
    Shimano XTR shifter
    Raceface 32t ring
    Azonic Beretta 40mm stem
    Raceface Respond riser bars
    Deity compound pedals

    This thing needs a dropper, planning on going with the 9point8 Fall Line, deciding whether to go 5" or 6" drop


    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1172.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1169.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1168.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1167.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1171.jpg

  46. #2346
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    That looks good. Can you shoot a pic of the rear clearance? I am thinking of going DHF 2.5 front and rear for the ultimate cush and traction. If it fits, why not? I would get as much drop as you can fit. I have 125 and wouldn't mind 150 for practicing dirt jumps, for riding I don't think it's that big of a deal for me.

  47. #2347
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    That looks good. Can you shoot a pic of the rear clearance? I am thinking of going DHF 2.5 front and rear for the ultimate cush and traction. If it fits, why not? I would get as much drop as you can fit. I have 125 and wouldn't mind 150 for practicing dirt jumps, for riding I don't think it's that big of a deal for me.
    If you're on a 2015 frame, you'll be able to run a 2.5 without any issues... The 2.35 has a little more than a cm of clearance on on the non-driveside and an inch on the driveside, that's with the chainstays in the center position... But I could easily slam them in.

    Yea, 6" would be awesome but the issue is with the bend in the seat tube... Max insert I can get is 180mm on this small frame and the 6" droppers are all in the 430-445mm range... At 5'7 it's pushing it for me. I'm leaning towards the 9point8 fall line dropper, 125mm / 375mm. On the trail, you're right, 5" is plenty... With the 375mm vs 440mm I'll be able to slam the post almost all the way into the frame when I'm at the pump track. Nice to not ever have to adjust the seat post but not that big of a deal if im only doing it every so often.

  48. #2348
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    Try tapping with a dead blow hammer or a mallet, shouldn't need to tap too hard. When you do get it out, make sure the headset is very well greased and the fork should be easier to remove next time.

    I figured out the spacer issue btw, was just 1 2.5mm spacer on the drive side
    This is where i am. I should be able to take the fork off right? Or is there anything else that i have to remove beacuse it is putting up a fight. I just want to be sure before i start hitting with some serious force


  49. #2349
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by 3names View Post
    This is where i am. I should be able to take the fork off right? Or is there anything else that i have to remove beacuse it is putting up a fight. I just want to be sure before i start hitting with some serious force

    Top cap and stem are the only things that are holding the fork in, those are off so your headset was likely just not greased well enough.

    I wouldn't hit it with serious force to start out, a few moderate taps with a mallet should do it (obviously use rubber mallet or a dead blow hammer).

  50. #2350
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    39
    Got it, it needed quite a few taps. On topic here is a picture form the last ride


  51. #2351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    221
    So will the new frames (2015-2016) work with a factory 51mm offset revolution fork off a 2014 honzo if I decide to upgrade frames or is the 46mm offset best?

  52. #2352
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Kona has used a 46mm offset Rev year after year on the Honzo. Either offset should be fine, it just depends on what handling characteristics you prefer. I hear 120/46 and 140/51 feel very similar. I ride 140/46. It seems to work for me.

  53. #2353
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Kona has used a 46mm offset Rev year after year on the Honzo. Either offset should be fine, it just depends on what handling characteristics you prefer. I hear 120/46 and 140/51 feel very similar. I ride 140/46. It seems to work for me.
    46mm 140mm is working great for me too, for me it came down to which fork I could find cheaper.

  54. #2354
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kyle509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    879
    Got some 30mm wide plastic rims for my Honzo. Feels so rad.

    Lakes, Peaks, and Trails. by Kyle, on Flickr

  55. #2355
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    237
    Are Taro's allowed? Can't find a specific Taro build thread so here's mine...

    Just picked up this frame the other day, and got busy building... It's a 2013 Taro in Medium.

    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1081.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1082.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-img_1084.jpg
    Build as follows so far...

    MRP Stage fork @130mm (for now, may extend to 140mm soon)
    Alex Volar 2.3 rims on Chosen "Trail" hubs with 120pt engagement and XD driver (surprisingly good wheels for 1/2 the price of Hope Pro2's on Stans!)
    Rockshox Reverb 125mm drop
    SRAM X1 Mech/Shifter/Cassette/Chain
    Raceface Turbine 24mm axle 4bolt 170mm cranks
    Gamut 30T N/W ring
    Gamut 50mm stem
    Kona OE 760mm wide riser bar (surprisingly light and a nice shape)
    Shimano Deore M615 Brakes with 180/160 Clarks floating rotors
    Velo saddle (just a cheapy but nice shape)
    Maxxis Minion 2.3 DHF and Geax Goma 2.25 tyres
    Ancient Easton Flatboy pedals for now (whilst my dodgy knee recovers, will be replaced with M785 Trail XT's when it has).

    Anyone able to tell me the headset standard? And has anyone fitted a slackset to the Taro at all?

  56. #2356
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    95 pages on this thread and I haven't seen a single complaint about this bike... and after 3 rides on my custom 2015 I see why! Holy s%$t what a beast! They say hardtails require being pickier with your lines... That can hardly be said for this bike! Coupled with the 140mm pike this beast is STIFF! Begs to be pointed down the rough stuff, just let it roll, it wont flinch. Definitely missing the traction my 6" bike provides climbing over rough, but as far as descending, I feel like I am taking lines faster on this bike than my sb66! Could be the 29" wheels, and to be fair I have yet to take it to any SERIOUSLY tech trails, but for 90% of whats out there, this thing will just demolish. I am sure it will handle the other 10%, just might need a little more finessing. Also, 16" chainstays make for a crazy playful ride. You will forget you are on a 29er.

    If you are browsing this thread and considering picking one of these bad boys up, do it. Seriously. Do it.

  57. #2357
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootbmx View Post
    I've had some time on these now and I'm really enjoying the 27.5+ set up.

    [...]

    Hope this helps!
    Can this be done with 2013 Honzo? I got a chance to buy this frame but need to know if there is enough tyre clearance for 27,5+ (at least WTB 2,8 tyres)?

    Please let me know somebody because time is runnig out!

  58. #2358
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    No, it wont work. In addition to my 2015 27.5+ setup, I have a 2013 Honzo. The 2013 frame does not have the clearance for the 2.8 Trailblazer tire on the 45mm scraper rim.

  59. #2359
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    I just found Your answer to my previous question, sorry for missing it out Thanks for the info though it makes me sad thinking that I was so close to start my 27,5+ build. Probably then need to wait for new 2016 version... Or wait for more 27,5+ specific (with Boost support for wider tyres like 3,0/3,25) steel frames. Thank`s again!

  60. #2360
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpepto View Post
    I just found Your answer to my previous question, sorry for missing it out Thanks for the info though it makes me sad thinking that I was so close to start my 27,5+ build. Probably then need to wait for new 2016 version... Or wait for more 27,5+ specific (with Boost support for wider tyres like 3,0/3,25) steel frames. Thank`s again!
    Order your 2016 frame now if you're serious about it. Frame-only sales are always limited, I think last year's model frames sold out within a couple months.

    The 2015 complete is still available and I am sure it is discounted now... So you could go that route and swap the wheels

  61. #2361
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    Where I live there will be no complete bikes on steel Honzo this year and 2015 is all sell-out.

  62. #2362
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpepto View Post
    Where I live there will be no complete bikes on steel Honzo this year and 2015 is all sell-out.
    Not sure where you live, but the Honzo has a niche market and most Kona dealers dont keep them in the showroom - they need to be special ordered. I know any Kona dealer in the US can still order a 2015 complete (but not frame), if you are in a different country then maybe things are different... If you have a local Kona dealer it might be worth asking.

  63. #2363
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    I live in Poland And already have asked the distributor - nothing. Will be looking somewhere else in Europe maybe. But still by buying the full build I will have to sell the wheels, tyres and fork and still need to buy new 27+ wheel with front boost hub and 2016 pike compatible fork so i don`t think it will be a good deal.

  64. #2364
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpepto View Post
    I live in Poland And already have asked the distributor - nothing. Will be looking somewhere else in Europe maybe. But still by buying the full build I will have to sell the wheels, tyres and fork and still need to buy new 27+ wheel with front boost hub and 2016 pike compatible fork so i don`t think it will be a good deal.
    Gotcha, didn't realize you were trying to go with the boost hub... I think Hootbmx's 27.5 plus is just using the standard 100mm pike, not boost 110. Also, the rear wont have boost spacing, its still 142 unless you want to go with the 2016 aluminum. Honestly, 3" is pushing it with this frame, I think 2.8 is the ideal size, and you dont need boost spacing for 2.8 tires.

  65. #2365
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    I know, 2.8 will be enough for rear, I want Boost only for front to go easily with the new 3,00/3,25 tyres as well

  66. #2366
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpepto View Post
    I know, 2.8 will be enough for rear, I want Boost only for front to go easily with the new 3,00/3,25 tyres as well
    Oooooohhhhhh, now you're talking! I'd love to see this done!

  67. #2367
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    It will happen. Just need some patience with waiting for boost front hubs and new boost compatible Pike 2016 - hopefuly they will be available soon! Then off to 2,8 rear and some 3,0 front... Can`t wait, wish I could hibernate by then Maybe by this time I will find some 2015 used Honzo and save some money? Not much chance but who knows

  68. #2368
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    593
    How big can you run on a 29 on the honzo?

  69. #2369
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    593
    Called local shop here and they said they won't likely be able to get a honzo until late September. Is that same for others in the U.S.?

  70. #2370
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    593
    Am a little bummed the honzo came out at boost specs. I wanted to get a honzo and build a yelli and thought it would be nice to be able to share wheels.

  71. #2371
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1980 View Post
    Are Taro's allowed? Can't find a specific Taro build thread so here's mine...
    Just got a new 2015 Taro myself on closeout. Looks like the Honzo AL is replacing the Taro for 2016.

  72. #2372
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek200 View Post
    Am a little bummed the honzo came out at boost specs. I wanted to get a honzo and build a yelli and thought it would be nice to be able to share wheels.
    The steel and the ti frames are 142mm rear ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek200 View Post
    Called local shop here and they said they won't likely be able to get a honzo until late September. Is that same for others in the U.S.?
    I was told August to early September but I am just trying to forget about my preorder until it gets here.

  73. #2373
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    In Europe it should be around 15 sept.

  74. #2374
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    Yes, my pike is the standard 100mm. I'm currently running the Specialized Ground Control 3.0 (its a legit 3 inch tire). I have also ran the trailblazer 2.8 and the Fat B Nimble. All tires have worked fine...although anything much larger than the ground controll 3.0 would most likely be a problem.

    I'm also running a ground control 3.0 in the back...it was barely rubbing the yoke but I decided to experiment and pressed the yoke outward about an 1/8 of an inch. It was easy to do but I don't recommend anyone doing it because I'm sure it voids the warranty...plus the trail blazer works very well as a rear tire and more 2.8 offerings are coming out soon.

    Just in case your curious, had the Honzo with the ground control 3.0 on both front and back for almost a week and it is working great. Spent the day up in Park City Saturday riding the Canyons bike park...lift attendants seemed surprised I was riding a hardtail on the downhill trails.

  75. #2375
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootbmx View Post
    I'm also running a ground control 3.0 in the back...it was barely rubbing the yoke but I decided to experiment and pressed the yoke outward about an 1/8 of an inch. It was easy to do but I don't recommend anyone doing it because I'm sure it voids the warranty...plus the trail blazer works very well as a rear tire and more 2.8 offerings are coming out soon.
    2016 Vee ({(Plusbike Tire Line Up!)})! |

  76. #2376
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    11
    Anyone know the BB shell size on the 2016 Steel Honzo, threaded or PF?

  77. #2377
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by SideSwipe View Post
    Anyone know the BB shell size on the 2016 Steel Honzo, threaded or PF?
    Steel/ti is 73mm bsa, Alu is PF92
    Last edited by beer_coffee_water; 08-19-2015 at 07:45 PM. Reason: love the auto correctz

  78. #2378
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    My Honzo came from the factory with the dropouts centered and I sized my chain at that (16.5" chainstay). I just slammed my chainstays down to 16" - do I need to resize my chain when I do his? Or will the clutch derailleur make up for the slack?

  79. #2379
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    My Honzo came from the factory with the dropouts centered and I sized my chain at that (16.5" chainstay). I just slammed my chainstays down to 16" - do I need to resize my chain when I do his? Or will the clutch derailleur make up for the slack?
    I would adjust the chainstay and check/fiddle with the shifting. It's only .2", 16.3" is as short as they go. Probably just a b screw adjustment if I read my Zinn book right. Yup, I am a budding bike mechanic.

  80. #2380
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    I would adjust the chainstay and check/fiddle with the shifting. It's only .2", 16.3" is as short as they go. Probably just a b screw adjustment if I read my Zinn book right. Yup, I am a budding bike mechanic.
    I did end up pulling 2 links off the chain, it must have been more like 16.8 from the factory then, because the the chain was definitely a bit saggy when on the 11 tooth. Don't see any reason to pull the dropouts back now anyways, the handling improved drastically when I slammed the dropouts all the way in. So stoked on this bike!

  81. #2381
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,464
    What are you guys running for bottle cages? My rides are getting shorter and shorter. Time to ditch the hydration pack. I'm looking for something black, classic design, that's bound to keep the bottle in there snug.
    konahonzo

  82. #2382
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kyle509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    879
    While not really classic in design, I use and really like Lezyne Flow bottle cages for mountain biking. Never had a bottle slip on even the roughest trails. Lezyne - Engineered Design - Products - Bottle Cages - Flow Cage

  83. #2383
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beer_coffee_water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711
    REI special, it was about $4. And bonus, it's flat black.
    Last edited by beer_coffee_water; 08-20-2015 at 05:27 PM.

  84. #2384
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flo Rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    55
    I'm looking at 29er hardtails and am really liking what I've been reading about the Honzo.

    However, I'm a little bummed they aren't offering the 2016 ST as a complete build any longer since it seems like everyone really enjoys their steel versions.

    To all the Honzo disciples: Is it worth building up a 2016 ST frame with a $2,200 budget and would you even consider going with the AL/DL model instead of ST?

  85. #2385
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo Rida View Post
    I'm looking at 29er hardtails and am really liking what I've been reading about the Honzo.

    However, I'm a little bummed they aren't offering the 2016 ST as a complete build any longer since it seems like everyone really enjoys their steel versions.

    To all the Honzo disciples: Is it worth building up a 2016 ST frame with a $2,200 budget and would you even consider going with the AL/DL model instead of ST?
    My 2015 frame up build was within that budget and has a way better part spec than the stock complete. I took my time shopping for wheels and fork on Pinkbike, got a brand new Pike for $500 and my wtb i25 wheels with hope rear hub and Maxis Minions for 340... Then for everything else, I ordered off of bike24.com to take advantage of the weaker Euro value... Zee front and rear brakes for 165 total, zee crankset for 75, new xt 11 speed cassette/rd/shifter for 200ish... It all came in for less than 2200 (although the dropper definitely put it up to 2400, you wouldn't be getting that with the complete anyways).

    Have you asked your LBS about ordering a 2015 complete though? Last I checked a month ago, they could still be ordered

  86. #2386
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Flo Rida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    Have you asked your LBS about ordering a 2015 complete though? Last I checked a month ago, they could still be ordered
    No, but I will check with them today.

    Would anyone consider making the switch to the AL Honzo or is it steel all the way? I've never ridden a steel mountain bike, but I am intrigued from what I read about them.

  87. #2387
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    I would never consider it, but I was drawn to the Honzo name because I wanted a steel hardtail.

  88. #2388
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    437
    I love the way my 2012 Honzo rides, but I'm sure I'd also love the AL (...and the Ti). The geometry is the largest part of it, for me.

    Also, I like long rides, and though AL is a bit more "harsh" of a ride, the lighter weight would help it along. Too much smack gets thrown at AL frames; ain't nothing wrong with em! ---Except it doesn't have a singlespeed option.

  89. #2389
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootbmx View Post
    Yes, my pike is the standard 100mm. I'm currently running the Specialized Ground Control 3.0 (its a legit 3 inch tire). I have also ran the trailblazer 2.8 and the Fat B Nimble. All tires have worked fine...although anything much larger than the ground controll 3.0 would most likely be a problem.

    I'm also running a ground control 3.0 in the back...it was barely rubbing the yoke but I decided to experiment and pressed the yoke outward about an 1/8 of an inch. It was easy to do but I don't recommend anyone doing it because I'm sure it voids the warranty...plus the trail blazer works very well as a rear tire and more 2.8 offerings are coming out soon.

    Just in case your curious, had the Honzo with the ground control 3.0 on both front and back for almost a week and it is working great. Spent the day up in Park City Saturday riding the Canyons bike park...lift attendants seemed surprised I was riding a hardtail on the downhill trails.
    With the 2.8 trailblazer, are you able to have your dropouts slammed all the way in for the shortest chainstay length?

    Also, what's your BB height at with the 27.5+ setup? Much lower than 29? How about climbing ability with 27.5+ vs 29? I am super happy with my 2015 Honzo as a 29er but you got me thinking... Are you getting way better traction in the Utah dust with those plus tires?

  90. #2390
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    90
    Have anyone try different travel on the Honzo? Like 120mm, 130mm ? I would like some feedback on it. Like which is best for all Purpose riding. Is 140mm really the optimal travel for the Honzo ?

    Sorry if this has been ask.
    Bike~less

  91. #2391
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by NEET View Post
    Have anyone try different travel on the Honzo? Like 120mm, 130mm ? I would like some feedback on it. Like which is best for all Purpose riding. Is 140mm really the optimal travel for the Honzo ?

    Sorry if this has been ask.
    It's spec'd with a 120mm fork actually, 140mm is a popular alternative travel and people have been happy with 130 as well... If you want it to be more a traditional hardtail 29er as far as pedaling efficiency goes, then the stock 120mm travel will be better. I personally went with 140mm, it still pedals better than my full suspension bike and the it crushes rough downhills - to be fair, I build mine custom and never rode it with a 120mm travel fork.

  92. #2392
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    With the 2.8 trailblazer, are you able to have your dropouts slammed all the way in for the shortest chainstay length?

    Also, what's your BB height at with the 27.5+ setup? Much lower than 29? How about climbing ability with 27.5+ vs 29? I am super happy with my 2015 Honzo as a 29er but you got me thinking... Are you getting way better traction in the Utah dust with those plus tires?
    Yes, my dropouts are slammed with the 27.5+. Bottom bracket height is at 12 inches but that is with a 140mm pike fork. Traction is better on the loose dusty trails but there is a slight disadvantage on long climbs with the added weight. Regardless, I love it and have had no interest in going back to the 29er wheels.

  93. #2393
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo Rida View Post
    No, but I will check with them today.

    Would anyone consider making the switch to the AL Honzo or is it steel all the way? I've never ridden a steel mountain bike, but I am intrigued from what I read about them.
    I like characteristics of steel but also the geometry. Canfield and Kona give you AL, steel, ti and composite for choices. Steel was part of it for me but I would make sure I had a fun type bike like they make above all.
    ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

  94. #2394
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    221
    Somewhat off topic but I just got my first 2014 Honzo with I9s set up tubeless, narrow wide chain ring, rolling on new ikons, and a Thompson seat post. I am looking for bars and a stem. When I test rode the bike the owner had a 50mm stem and 780mm with a 20 degree rise bar. I bought the bike without the bar and stem and now I am looking for the best deal on a 60mm stem with 6 degrees with about the same width and rise bar in either 31.8 or 35mm depending on price. Any suggestions on who has the best deals on stems and bars at what is popular to run with these bikes. Thanks

  95. #2395
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by cburgin View Post
    Somewhat off topic but I just got my first 2014 Honzo with I9s set up tubeless, narrow wide chain ring, rolling on new ikons, and a Thompson seat post. I am looking for bars and a stem. When I test rode the bike the owner had a 50mm stem and 780mm with a 20 degree rise bar. I bought the bike without the bar and stem and now I am looking for the best deal on a 60mm stem with 6 degrees with about the same width and rise bar in either 31.8 or 35mm depending on price. Any suggestions on who has the best deals on stems and bars at what is popular to run with these bikes. Thanks
    That's totally subjective... I run a 40mm stem on mine and wouldnt want to go longer than 50. I also run 785 bars with 38mm of rise. You can find a good deal on bars and stems on pretry much any of the online shops, but maybe your lbs has some deals too and/or maybe they would let you demo some different sizes. Price point and Jenson will both have some really good budget options if you want to go the online route.

  96. #2396
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    173
    Race Face Respond stem 60mm x 6 degree rise, $45

    They have a matching bar for about $40. Or upgrade to an Atlas for almost double.

    Renthal has options in your spec but will cost significantly more.

    I run the Respond 45mm stem and Atlas 785mm bar. The bends of the bar are the best to my wrists.

  97. #2397
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by howard619 View Post
    Race Face Respond stem 60mm x 6 degree rise, $45

    They have a matching bar for about $40. Or upgrade to an Atlas for almost double.

    Renthal has options in your spec but will cost significantly more.

    I run the Respond 45mm stem and Atlas 785mm bar. The bends of the bar are the best to my wrists.
    I've got the respond 785mm 38mm rise bars and I'm diggin them! Would probably go carbon by next season but the sweep and shape of the respond is perfect for me

  98. #2398
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HonzoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    22
    Punched a hole in the stock rear tyre the other day so cut it up and whacked it on the downtube to protect from inevitable rock strikes. Put on a 2.3 3C High Roller II as a replacement which is working a treat for me. Also put on a Hope 30t n/w chainring as I was struggling with the stock 32t on some climbs, not that it makes much difference! The head tube badge also fell off the other day due to it being fixed in place by some cheapo sticky foam (nice one Kona)! I rawed it out and cable-tied it back in place and it looks pretty cool.
    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-thumb_img_0082_1024.jpgHonzo Build Thread - post your builds here-thumb_img_0496_1024.jpg
    I dream about this bike during long days at work, it's just the ultimate adventure bike for me and I bloody love it!

  99. #2399
    mtbr member
    Reputation: micah356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    156
    About the headtube badge - is it silver underneath, or you painted it?

    Mine fell off the first day too, but I re-mounted it with outdoor mounting tape. Sadly I put it on a bit to one side...
    Living the dream at TDA Global Cycling – epic bike tours from 500 to 15,000 km.

    TDA Global Cycling

  100. #2400
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HonzoTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    22
    Yeah it's silver underneath. I just got some fine sandpaper on it and rawed it out, looks pretty neat!
    Honzo Build Thread - post your builds here-thumb_img_0534_1024.jpg
    Try using a long cable-tie around the headtube, it means you can make infinite adjustments!

Similar Threads

  1. Post your ETSX builds
    By Shark in forum Rocky Mountain
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 07:23 PM
  2. Post your Practical Builds
    By hans-solo in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
  3. Custom Builds Thread
    By jncarpenter in forum Turner
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
  4. post your 7" travel under 40 lbs builds
    By dusthuffer in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 09:45 AM
  5. XCL Build thread X Post
    By DirtDad in forum Custom Builders & Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 10:24 AM

Members who have read this thread: 572

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •