SUBLIM8er

Hei Hei Supreme Frameset and Weights?

Since Extralite won't respond to my frame purchase inquiries ........Anyone know if framesets available in the Hei Hei Supreme flavor? Also, what's the weight on these framesets? I like the frameset but I know I could do MUCH better then the 22.5lbs for the full-on package. Also, are the linkage pivots Ti? Rear brake bosses Ti? If not these can be tuned.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    I don't know if they're available yet as a frame only. They shoudl be later this spring, though. There are like 5-6 guys on my race team that are riding the new Hei Hei in various build combinations (and one on a near stock Hei Hei Supreme) and the lightest that I know if is in the 22.0-22.5 lb range.

His build is something like this, I think:
    Stock Hei Hei 20" frame
    2007 Mavic SLR wheelset
    Maxxis Crossmark tires (probably w/ Stans kit)
    rim brakes (I don't know what calipers) with Avid speed dial levers
    stock SID race fork,
    full X.9 drivetrain,
    2007 Ritchey WCS stem/bars,
    Thomson Elite seatpost,
    Truvativ Stylo Team (?) cranks,
    ........etc, etc.

I'm not sure how much else can be shaved of that bike. Unless you started going crazy with ti hardware, etc. It's pretty much top shelf stuff across the board.

Note, his modified Hei Hei is lighter than the other guy's 18-19" stock Hei Hei Supreme.

SUBLIM8er
    Thanks. Lots of room IMO for getting the weight down off the stock build. How?
    Some thoughts.....
    DA 12/27 cassette-180g
    Extralite ebones integrated CS- 640g
    DA Rear Derailleur- 180g
    Tune Concorde saddle- 62g
    Extralite Ultrabrakes/Levers-260g
    Stans ZTR Rims- 720g
    Tune Mig/Mag hubs-260g
    Extralite Freehead headset- 75g
    Syntace F99 stem- 99g

I could go on but, the 2007 XTR is NOT very light. If the Hei Hei frameset comes in around 4.5lbs like I think it should then a 18.5lb build will be very easy.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    We used to have one there and the weight for a 17" frame with RP23 shock and seatpost clamp is 2.15 kg (around 4.74lbs I guess...)