Thread: G3 magic link

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

G3 magic link

Hey there. I have a 2010 Abra Cadabra and Ive heard that it is possible to buy a G3 magic link kit for it. So far I cant find any info on them. Any one know the cost and where it can be ordered from? Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    If you go to the Kona World Forum
    KONA OWNER FORUMS & SUPPORT

Under Techsupport you can get all your questions answered. I think you can order the G3 conversion kit through your local Kona dealer. If I recall correctly, the kit is about $300, and it's not just the air shock, but the air shock and a whole new linkage system.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMartini View Post
    If you go to the Kona World Forum
    KONA OWNER FORUMS & SUPPORT

Under Techsupport you can get all your questions answered. I think you can order the G3 conversion kit through your local Kona dealer. If I recall correctly, the kit is about $300, and it's not just the air shock, but the air shock and a whole new linkage system.
    Awsome, thank you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    The kit should be about $150.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Correct price for upgrade kit is idd round $150, Kona part no# upgradekit: CMPMLKAIRSKL . Just contact your local kona dealer, it's available for shipping now.

goodluck!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Kona MagicLink G3 retrofitted - YouTube install movie of the whole kit. Note the Kona Cadabra 2010

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Question for those that have installed the kit - how tight are you torquing the connecting bolts? The video aaa to do it not too tight,as a rookie at this sort of thing is feel a lot safer with a number I could put on the wrench

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    finally got around to mounting this, then had to pull of cranks etc again as I found I'd left the valve pointing inwards and so inaccessible. all good learning experience though and not too hard