mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New question here. Frame sizing help please.

Hey all, ive found a terrific deal for an 04 coiler, new for £850! but i simply cant decide on the frame size. Unfortunately im buying it online and the store is approx 200miles away, and with no local Kona dealer's im a bit stuck on going to try one out for size.

so, i'm 5' 7" tall, inseam measure of 30" and shoulder to wrist measure of 20". Would i be better with a 15" or a 17" ?

The guy at the store said it wouldnt really matter, just that i would get a shorter cockpit on the 15"

Quick responses would be greatly appreciated as ive got to let him know by tomorrow morning as he had 40 yesterday and now has 30, so they're selling fast.

thanks in advance peeps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I think a 17 would work for you, but that's just my opinion....I wouldn't know anyway...

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzlerdee
    Hey all, ive found a terrific deal for an 04 coiler, new for £850! but i simply cant decide on the frame size. Unfortunately im buying it online and the store is approx 200miles away, and with no local Kona dealer's im a bit stuck on going to try one out for size.

so, i'm 5' 7" tall, inseam measure of 30" and shoulder to wrist measure of 20". Would i be better with a 15" or a 17" ?

The guy at the store said it wouldnt really matter, just that i would get a shorter cockpit on the 15"

Quick responses would be greatly appreciated as ive got to let him know by tomorrow morning as he had 40 yesterday and now has 30, so they're selling fast.

thanks in advance peeps.
    I'm the same size as you and I demo'd a 15" 05 Coiler Dee-Lux yesterday which fit me pretty well. A 6" travel bike doesn't have much stand over height.