mtbr member

Frame Replacement.

Hi, I found a very fine crack on my 2004 Coiler frame a couple of weeks ago, luckily i spotted it just after I had cleaned it on a weld holding the bottom shock plate on the frame, Kona have said that they will replace the frame under warranty, but I have been told that i may not get the same spec frame back if they have none in stock, has anyone experienced this?, will I get a 2005 spec frame?.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    It may still bee an '04, just a different color (ie a Coiler DL instead of a Coiler).
    It may be an '05 if there are no '04s in your size. No Coilers before '04 so it can not be an older frame.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member

Got new frame!!!!!

At last got my new frame under warranty, was well pleased when I opened the box, 2005 Coiler Primo frame!! But with my old shock and spring.
    Only one problem though i'm assuming that with the new frame travel increased to 6" this year my spring may be to soft now with the longer rocker plates, should Kona have taken this into account? Wonder if Joe would like to give some input into this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coiler Mad
    At last got my new frame under warranty, was well pleased when I opened the box, 2005 Coiler Primo frame!! But with my old shock and spring.
    Only one problem though i'm assuming that with the new frame travel increased to 6" this year my spring may be to soft now with the longer rocker plates, should Kona have taken this into account? Wonder if Joe would like to give some input into this.

Hmm.... no idea. I don't mess with warranties, so i'm not sure. I'lll do some digging. Chances are, everything is set up for 5 inches so it will mesh, our warranty guy is pretty dialed in like that.

Cheers,
    Joe.