mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Four Supreme vs. Titus Racer X

Hi,

I am in the enviable position of having both a 2002 Titus Racer X frame and a 2008 Kona Four Supreme frame to build my next bike with. Both are in great shape, the Kona is new and the RacerX is being dropped off at the powdercoat shop tomorrow (all bearings/bushings are being replaced too) so it is basically new also. The Kona has an RP23 and the RacerX has a RL in very good (rebuilt) shape. Whichever frame doesn't get built has to get sold (I owe so much money to the bike demons!)

I ride all cross country and although I live in Jacksonville, I am moving to the mountains of Tennessee this summer... So, which do I use for my bike? Any feedback would be appreciated, I'd especially love to hear from anyone who has had a ride on both bikes.

thanks

Do it all or nothing
    go for the Kona... the titus will be easy to sell and the the kona comes with a better shock of the start.
    If it ain't broken... why the hell you fixin it!

KONA rules!!

If you miss the tranny... don't look down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Have you ridden either frame to see if the fit and geometry are anything you would like? Either bike would be more than ample for your move to TN.
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC