mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Fork issues on 09 Dawgma

I recently purchased my first new bike an 09 Dawgma, I really, really like it, except for one issue..... Whenever the fork (rock shox toro) compresses, it squeaks, at first it didnt bug me, but now after a couple real root infested rides, it is driving me nuts.

Can this be solved by some lube in the right area? My LBS has free lifetime minor service when you buy a new bike there, what will they say? That I bought a low end fork and just deal with it?

If the issue is not easily resolved, I have had my eye on the rockshox pike 426 coil u-turn fork. Would this be a good idea, or even fit?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I have a dawgma as well but don't have that problem with squeaks. It might just need some breaking in time. Do you have the right air pressure? You shouldn't hesitate about going to your LBS for anything. No, they won't have a "just deal with it" attitude. If they do I would find another LBS. The Rock Shox Tora 318 is not all that low end. I like it better than some of my more expensive forks. But, if you want to use the squeaking for an excuse to buy a pike then thats a great idea

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the reply myfun.

I took the bike down to the LBS and couldnt replicate the noise. Go figure. We added air to both shocks and it feels a little more dialed in now.

So would you classify the Tora 318 as a just somewhat noisy fork?