mtbr member
    Mar 2005

e.13 DRS on 2005 Coiler

Decided I want to put a dual ring chainguide on the new coiler and contacted e.13 about putting their DRS system on an 05 Coiler. They said they hadnt tried it on a coiler but that I may run into a problem with the main pivot being wider than the BB shell. This won't allow me to mount the backplate correctly. He added that a 1mm spacer behind the backplate has worked with other bikes to provide the clearance necessary relative to the swingarm.
    I know some Kona guys prowl this board, so I'm hoping they can help out some, but if anyone's had success running the DRS or any other dual ring chain guide on their Coiler I'd love to hear about it. The e.13 SRS works for sure, but I'd like the two ring system a lot more since the singe ring is pretty limiting.

Still on Training Wheels!
    I have an 04 Coiler and just slapped on a 36t DRS this last week. It just bolted right on, in fact I ended up removing the stock BB spacer and put the DRS back plate in it's place to help with chain line. The 05 coiler is very similar to older stinky frames and I belive that E13 says that the DRS works on those older frames.
    Haven't been able to ride it much, but so far so good. My biggest issue was droping the chain when back peddling for the extra kick, but that has seemed to dissaper. I'm going to be doing alot of downhilling tomorow, and will report back to you
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account