mtbr member

Dimensions of stock aluminum riser handlebar?

It's easy to measure the length and rise of my bars, but does anyone know the angle of sweep (back and/or up)? I'm considering buying a new bar with less rise, but I don't like a lot of up-sweep at the ends of the bar. I like the angle of my wrists on the Kona bar, I just want something a little lower to help keep my weight on the front end during climbs. My bike tends to wander a little when the trail gets steep.

Thanks folks.

mtbr member
    Nevermind. I just picked up a used Easton MonkeyLite XC off bikerboy. Thanks, Aaron. I never realized how frekin' heavy the stock riser bar was. I forget what we weight it at, something like 350+ grams, maybe(?). Dayum! The Easton is literally HALF that weight. It'll be going on tonight.

Any recomendations on 120mm x 5 deg stems? Kona says the stock 'Kona Control' stems are like 175 grams, but I'm guessing that's for the 70mm version. Even if mine 120mm is 200g, is it worth it to swap out for something lighter. Most modeartely priced stems are still in the high 100 gram range (170-200). At my size 205-210 lbs, its hard to justify spending $50-$100 to shave off any less than 100g.

My bike is turning into a mixed bag of parts, with nothing really 'matching', but I don't really care. It's all better/stonger/lighter than stock.

Ian