mtbr member

Dawgmatic/PUSHed RP3-R/question x-post w/shock forum

I have a 2004 Kona Dawgmatic. What would be the main differences between a PUSHed RP3 and a PUSHed R rear shock? Is it worth the extra $120 to go with the RP3 over the R? I have used Float Rs on all my bikes for the past 4 years with great sucess and have never felt a need to go with anything else. Thanks for the info!

Just roll it......

Clanky, talk to Jimmy or Darren at Push.

Here's the dealio. I wouldn't worry about pushing an RP3 for your dawg off the bat. If you're considering buying an RP3, why not just buy a stock RP3 and then "push" it when it needs serviced. If you're gonna push a shock, I'd just push your float R as you'll then have a pedal platform designed around you and your bike and you can control bottom out with air pressure and the rebound externally. I've got two older shocks pushed and the difference is dramatic.

I know one of the beefs some people have with the RP3 is that the different settings don't have a noticeable difference between settings and "pushing" the RP3, they make the contrasts bigger. Other than that though, I'd just buy a stock one.....

That's my $.02, but if you've got the bucks and looking for the best possible performance, get the RP3 direct from Push.

Cheers,
    EB