Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone preorder the Ti Rove?

39K views 78 replies 19 participants last post by  micah356 
#1 ·
See less See more
#47 ·
Rove > Warbird in all respects... can't think of a more overpriced bike than a Salsa Warbird.

Regarding dish, I have had no issues whatsoever with my wheels and will do it again once I build my new wheels. It's not like you're dishing it that much. Just enough to compensate for the driveside plate.

Cedar Cross 2013, Dirty Kanza 200 2013, lots of gravel rides. Zero flats. Zero issues. Specialized Ground Control 29x1.8 tires, 2bliss, 400 ish grams. Huge! Comfy. Most recommended.

Currently refurbing my Rove for the upcoming season with fresh Shimano Ultegra 11 speed and a new (undecided) wheel build.

#55 ·
It was 22lbs. Same build as the blog post I linked above, but with the addition of a rack (Tubus Vega).

It was a fully supported tour, so I didn't need to carry anything beyond a small rack bag. I would have used stronger wheels than Stan's Crest rims for loaded touring, but they worked great for this trip.

#57 ·
The rack is 1lb. Putting on road tires would be another 1/2.

Other than that you could do carbon stem/post/bars, not sure how much that would save. An integrated hydraulic road group would probably be about a pound lighter. The only thing I would change personally is to get a lighter crankset.

#59 ·
It does look slightly different from the charts - comparing the 2014 and 2015 56 cm frame:

Stack and headtube length are now ~10mm shorter
Wheelbase and front center are ~5mm longer
Fork length is ~10mm lower.
Standover is 10mm lower

My guess is that they have adjusted the geometry to accomodate the length of the external lower headset cup. Whether this represents actual changes to the geometry of the frame, or just better measurements, is anyone's guess.

#60 ·
Here's a pic of my Rove in it's latest mode. Green ano headset and collar... camo bartape. China carbon rims to King hubs, Whisky through axle fork and Shimano Ultegra 11 speed mech parts... still love this bike. Gonna have it my whole life prolly.

Only thing I'll change in the near future is the hydro Shimano brakes when they come back in stock.

#62 ·
Thanks man, I love the bike... nothing I would change about it at all. Perfect amount of clearance, comfortable, etc. Just hate the Avid brakes! Cannot wait for the Shimanos... will be so damn happy with the feel and ease of Shimano mountain brakes on this bike. Seriously beyond stoked.

Weight is under 22 pounds last time I weighed it. I just finished building up a Matt Chester and it's a singlespeed with steel fork and a BB7 on front at 21.5 pounds so I'm pretty stoked to have a fully geared rig around the same weight. Of course it's specced to the max IMO but nothing purposely there to save weight really besides the carbon rims. The carbon fork is "heavy" since it's the through axle version... the hubs are 32 spokes, long cage derailleur and 32 tooth cassette. Aluminum 46cm bars, gel pads, thick tape, full cables, 29x1.8 tires etc.

Def. could go on a hunt to get it under 20 pounds but it wouldn't be the same ride.

#70 ·
Finished my Rove Ti build last weekend and put it through an inaugural Seattle Thrilla loop yesterday. Really comfortable geometry but still feels fast. I'm very happy with this bike. I can't wait to ride it for as long as the frame lasts. :)

View attachment 1022642
Nice Build. What fork is that? Did you paint it?

can you list spec for us?

Wheel build? 32 deep dish carbon? bommer

#71 ·
Build spec:

- The fork is from this company: New Quick Release Version Carbon Cyclocross Bike Frameset Disc Brake Fork 48cm | eBay
- Stem: Uno "7" Ultralight 31 8 x 90mm Road Bike Bicycle Stem Black | eBay
- Stem and fork painted by: Cyclart
- I removed any stickers from the bike that were orange
- The wheels are the 45mm deep u-shaped rims from light bicycle-carbon frame,carbon rim,carbon wheel,carbon wheelset,carbon mountain bike,carbon road bike Light-Bicycle.
- Mowa blue skewers
- Seatpost: All Titanium Road MTB Moutain Bike Seat Post 27 2mm 350mm 400mm Long | eBay
- The headset and the BB are Chris King.
- Bars are Thomson carbon
- Saddle: Full Carbon Fiber MTB Road Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Saddle Seat Cushion Pad | eBay
- Red 22 hyrdo shifters, derailleurs and brakes
- Dura Ace 9000 crank
- Egg beater pedals
- Rocket Ron tires
- Lizard Skins bar tape

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.