mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Any Kona reps around?

Need an answer and wondering if anyone from Kona watches this forum.

I ordered a Kona product through an online retailer back in the beginning of May. Great price so I went for it. After ordering I got an email saying it is on backorder, but should be restocked shortly. Since then I have called the retailer about once a month to get an update on the item. They keep telling me the same thing, Kona keeps telling them they are on the way, there is a shipping container headed to the US. Yesterday I called again and the fellow on the phone told me the same thing. He said he keeps getting the run around from Kona and they can't give him a definitive answer, so he can't give me one. I am one of over 40 customers waiting on the same item since it went out of stock in APRIL. They have done a great job of at least being honest with me about the status of my order. Since my biking season starts when my skiing season ends, I have been waiting on this item all of my biking season. Not going to be much use for them in another month or so. So anyone from Kona able to give some answers on a public forum and defend your company? It has been over 4 months during what I would assume is the biggest period for bike related sales of the year, northern summer.

Since I want the item I am waiting on it, 50% off was a great deal. But I am really starting to get pissed off here and about to swear off Kona for good. Any company that treats their retailers like this must have some pretty shitty customer service as well, and therefor will not be getting any return patronage from me.

mtbr member
    What'd ya order?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    50% off Sale price on an item that they don't have in stock? That's a quality box shuffler there...
    People actually answer the phone when you call Kona,might give that a try.Otherwise ask for your money back,the "Retailer" has used it long enough.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Try asking here: KONA OWNER FORUMS & SUPPORT