Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    All mountain 29er hardtail

    I remember reading last fall that Kona was working on a long travel 29er hardtail similar to the Banshee Paradox. IIRC they were anticipating a summer release and calling it a 2012 model. Has anyone heard any updates on this?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93
    I thought maybe this mythical model was worth waiting for but no one seems to have any more info. Apparently there aren't any Kona reps reading this board? It looks like I will be buying a Banshee then...

  3. #3
    Art is Resistance
    Reputation: djcrb9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,388
    I check in periodically, but not that often. MTBR isn't really my cup of tea any longer.

    Yes, we are making an all-mountain 29er hardtail. I don't know exactly when it will be released, but we are testing one out currently, and it's pretty cool. sorry, no details yet, things are a changin'.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by djcrb9
    I check in periodically, but not that often. MTBR isn't really my cup of tea any longer.

    Yes, we are making an all-mountain 29er hardtail. I don't know exactly when it will be released, but we are testing one out currently, and it's pretty cool. sorry, no details yet, things are a changin'.

    Thanks for the response, any idea if it will be offered in XL with at least a 25" ett?

  5. #5
    Art is Resistance
    Reputation: djcrb9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti342
    Thanks for the response, any idea if it will be offered in XL with at least a 25" ett?
    I'm 6'3", and i'm not the tallest Kona guy that wants one, so you'll be in luck.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by djcrb9
    I'm 6'3", and i'm not the tallest Kona guy that wants one, so you'll be in luck.
    Cool, I guess I will wait on buying the banshee then.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.