mtbr member
    Apr 2005

All mountain 29er hardtail

I remember reading last fall that Kona was working on a long travel 29er hardtail similar to the Banshee Paradox. IIRC they were anticipating a summer release and calling it a 2012 model. Has anyone heard any updates on this?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I thought maybe this mythical model was worth waiting for but no one seems to have any more info. Apparently there aren't any Kona reps reading this board? It looks like I will be buying a Banshee then...

Art is Resistance
    I check in periodically, but not that often. MTBR isn't really my cup of tea any longer.

Yes, we are making an all-mountain 29er hardtail. I don't know exactly when it will be released, but we are testing one out currently, and it's pretty cool. sorry, no details yet, things are a changin'.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by djcrb9
    I check in periodically, but not that often. MTBR isn't really my cup of tea any longer.

Yes, we are making an all-mountain 29er hardtail. I don't know exactly when it will be released, but we are testing one out currently, and it's pretty cool. sorry, no details yet, things are a changin'.

Thanks for the response, any idea if it will be offered in XL with at least a 25" ett?

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti342
    Thanks for the response, any idea if it will be offered in XL with at least a 25" ett?
    I'm 6'3", and i'm not the tallest Kona guy that wants one, so you'll be in luck.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by djcrb9
    I'm 6'3", and i'm not the tallest Kona guy that wants one, so you'll be in luck.
    Cool, I guess I will wait on buying the banshee then.

Members who have read this thread: 0