Thread: 66vf upgrade

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

66vf upgrade

What would it take $ wise and shop time to add a rebound upgrade to the 66vf that came on my Coiler dee lux? I miss the adjustment, but love the fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bushdr
    What would it take $ wise and shop time to add a rebound upgrade to the 66vf that came on my Coiler dee lux? I miss the adjustment, but love the fork.
    You could phone Marzocchi and ask for Tech support and ask them what part(s) you would need and how much it would cost for the part itself. Your shop would have to decide how much they would charge you to install it.

I upgraded my 04 Junior T to 04 Super T internals and my shop just sent it to the Marzocchi service centre to have it done to factory specs. The only problem is that Marzocchi USA might not have the part you want instock, so it will have to be shipped from Italy which can take upwards of a month.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    They said $180 to add rebound control. After reading another conversation about lowering the overall height of next years 66 with different lowers I may just enjoy the newness of this year's purchase and wait to spend some $ to have rc added as well as new lowers. It will lower the overall height of the fork 4cm. The other thought is a 150z1- but I think I'll learn to ride through the extra height and weight. This will mean with added strength- that means I'll have to ride more