mtbr member

2014 Process Frameset?

I know that typically most bikes are available as frame options, but any specific plans for the Process line?

mtbr member
    Kona used to be pretty good about frame only stuff...they even sold frames directly online...but it seems that they are doing less of this recently. I really wanted a 2013 Process frameset, but never came across one. Hopefully with the '14 model there will be frameset options.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8valvegrowl View Post
    Kona used to be pretty good about frame only stuff...they even sold frames directly online...but it seems that they are doing less of this recently. I really wanted a 2013 Process frameset, but never came across one. Hopefully with the '14 model there will be frameset options.
    I was hoping for a 2013 Frameset. I came across this, but I am not sure if it is legitKONA Process DL Frame set w/ RockShox Monarch Plus RC 2013 | Southside Mountainbiking

mtbr member
    you can order frames from a kona dealer, they just make a big deal out of it on their website

tardcore
    I was told they'll make them available early next year. I'm assuming that they want to push as many completes as possible before offer the frame set. It's not a deal breaker for me, I don't hate the build they have. I would much rather build one myself though.

mtbr member
    I emailed them last week about a frameset only and they confirmed that they will definitely be available through a dealer.

tardcore
    Did they say when? Completed should be in the next few weeks...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    talked to my local dealer...$1700...february or march...

mtbr member
    Any additional info on shock sizing for each model?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I like what Kona is doing with the reach numbers on their new bikes. Makes it SO much more comfortable running shorter stems and placing the rider inside the bike for high-speed stability. Wish other manufacturers would follow suit, as I'm not a big fan of single-pivots.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Any update on this?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    My 153 is so good glad I didn't wait for a frame set only deal some of the parts aren't ideal I've gone 1x10 and upgraded to hope brakes the ks drop zone works well the wheels go up tubeless very easily the bars are perfect width the stem super short and the Pikes are amazing .The deore hubs and budget SRAM cranks may be heavy but they all make for a brilliant package. The bike just rides so well

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I asked a dealer here in Germany about a Process 111 frameset and got the answer that these are not available.
    Quite unfortunate, as I quite like the frame but find the pricing for the complete bike absolutely ridiculous.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama View Post
    I was told they'll make them available early next year. I'm assuming that they want to push as many completes as possible before offer the frame set. It's not a deal breaker for me, I don't hate the build they have. I would much rather build one myself though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Chop! View Post
    I emailed them last week about a frameset only and they confirmed that they will definitely be available through a dealer.
    As of yesterday my LBS told me no 153 framesets left for the season and only 3 completes shipping to them in march. Seems like a load of BS, smells like it too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    It seems like manufacturers are being very careful with the amount they order these days

Have heard that Kona, Trek and Cube have already sold out of of certain models in the UK this year!!!!

as for the 111 being overpriced, go and look at similar bikes from specialized, trek etc- thats just how prices are

buy complete, sell the bits you dont want (s/h prices are holding well at the moment) and build it up how you want

mtbr member
    I dunno if it's BS. My brother-in-law ordered a Process 134 about two weeks ago and the shop told him that their (East Coast) supplier warehouse had only 2 remaining completes, not counting his that were shipping in February.

I think a lot of MFGr's are aiming to keep supply low and demand high, left-over inventory sucks for all involved (except the consumer).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've been told by my LBS that frame only option does not exist?

mtbr member
    it does exist, they probably just cant get one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    I know that typically most bikes are available as frame options, but any specific plans for the Process line?
    sold
    Last edited by carabao; 02-16-2014 at 06:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    any update on this?

mtbr member
    Frame option exist.
    I got one process111dl frame...
    That said there were very few available here in canada and when i ordered minein febuary, apparently there was only a few left.

Might be the same everywhere. Process bike and frames were in higher demand than kona expected.
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!