Thread: 2005 Dawg Primo

My Member Rides a MTB

2005 Dawg Primo

I'm considering purchasing this bike and have q quick question. What does the 2005 model weigh in at? I know it's a heavy bike, and I'm somewhat weight sensitive, so before I pull the trigger I wanted to make sure it's not going to be too much of a problem. Anyone care to comment on what these are going for in the US? I appreciate the assistance!
    '05 Giant Trance 2
    '06 Giant OCR1

The writer is the engineer of the human soul. -Joseph Stalin

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by abegetchell
    I'm considering purchasing this bike and have q quick question. What does the 2005 model weigh in at? I know it's a heavy bike, and I'm somewhat weight sensitive, so before I pull the trigger I wanted to make sure it's not going to be too much of a problem. Anyone care to comment on what these are going for in the US? I appreciate the assistance!
    Website says 28.4lbs I believe. For reference, my Ventana El Salt (in 5" mode) was built up last year with mostly XT, Marta Brakes, XM 3.1 tubeless rims, Big Jim tires, Manitou Minute 1:00, and comes in at 26.8lbs. The Dawg frame is definitely beefier than the El Salt (whch is very durable in it's own right). If you are really after a light 5" bike, the Dawg may not be the way to go. Something like a Yeti 575, Titus Switchblade, or Ventana El Salt can typically be built lighter: the Dawg is a very beefy frame, borderline FR durability and is overbuilt for straight trail riding (IMO)-definitely for those who will dabble with bigger drops.