mtbr member
    Apr 2007

2004 Stinky fork options?

I have a 2004 Kona Stinky and I want to upgrade the suspension. Which end should I upgrade first? I'm guessing the front so I need some front suspension options!

Any suggestions?

Tricky
    Feb 2008
    2004 Stinky - Marz Drop Off triple on the front, Fox Vanilla on the back??

The Vanilla seems to be considered basic but good, while the Drop Offs are a dog, so definately the front end.

Some 06 or 07 170mm Marz 66 RCs would be the ticket

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The Marz 66 ATA is an awsome fork but the best price I could find for an '08 is $722. Is that a good price?

The other choice is an 888 ATA for $800

Awsome forks but at premium prices.
    Attached Images Attached Images

solid gold plated
    get an 07 66 or even and 06 66 if u can find one on sale, z1's could be a consideration if your looking to lighten it up a touch.
    a message of inspiration from your friends at yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'd definately go 06 1st then 07 if you can find them. i was also told to use a king headset as you can get a spacer? with them to add extra clearance for the crown to keep it from hitting the downtube. I have an 04 and currently run a nixon on it- not the best certainly, but it does the trick. I've also been meaning to push the vanilla, since I p/u my 08 stinky I havent been riding my Fred Flintsone bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I swapped out the Drop Off with a Super T on my Stinky. Perfect upgrade, made me love the bike more. The fox 3.0 in the rear has gotten the job done.

ps..throw the Drop Off up on Ebay if you are not going to use it, someone bid $200 for mine which is more than I expected!

Members who have read this thread: 0