mtbr member
    Feb 2004

1st pic of 06 Stinky at www.kona.dk nm cheers

mmmmmm

Cannonball!
    I am not convinced that this is the future Stinky, SC fork and the linkage plates seem light duty. Maybe it's actually some kind of new all mountain prototype.

mtbr member
    This is a nabbed photo from MBA.

Here's the link:

http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1294

Cheers,
    Joe.

Cannonball!
    I'll be damned! Looks very interesting, thanks Joe.

6pointlovin
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe - Kona

Here's the link:

Cheers,
    Joe.

So Joe, any more news????? Come on we are Kona Fanatics here. Colours? Floating brakes? Dual crown options.....06 is the year i upgrade my 02 Stinky....

mtbr member
    I like the 05 Stinky better, and I just got mine few hours ago. It is so sweet, just think that I need little bit stiffer fork and get my rear brake working (my friend pulled the brake when there where no pads in the caliper and the system leaked, and I have no tools to bleed the system).

Just roll it......

Ha....I recognize those trails!

Cool article....but I'm biased since I ride a Stinky and those are some of my local trails.

EB

Whoaohohohoh
    Polished frame looks so awesome.....they should keep that as a paint option....probably way better then the colors they will use.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    Polished frame looks so awesome.....they should keep that as a paint option....probably way better then the colors they will use.
    From the MBA article: "Forget the polished look of our protos’ because the front sections of the production versions will be painted to blend in with the rusty cedars and dull green lichens that flourish in the Northwest."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    If all the bikes on the trail were silver or black, wouldn't it look boring? Wouldn't it look like everyone was on the same brand of bike? That doesn't sound like fun. Bikes are all about fun, and we like to have fun with our colors. And out names. and riding in general. Because it's all just so FUN!
    Cheers,
    Joe.

6pointlovin
    If all the bikes on the trail were silver or black, wouldn't it look boring? Wouldn't it look like everyone was on the same brand of bike? That doesn't sound like fun. Bikes are all about fun, and we like to have fun with our colors. And out names. and riding in general. Because it's all just so FUN!
    Cheers,
    Joe.
    RIGHT enough of the fun, there Joe, come on, wink wink, nudge nudge, spill the beans, buddy, get in trouble with the chiefs, tell us more...are all stinkys going to be the same, or are we going to get a "special" supreme.....?
    What else......you've started it now......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deeboy
    RIGHT enough of the fun, there Joe, come on, wink wink, nudge nudge, spill the beans, buddy, get in trouble with the chiefs, tell us more...are all stinkys going to be the same, or are we going to get a "special" supreme.....?
    What else......you've started it now......
    I will reveal NOTHING! c'mon, you don't want to open your presents early, do you? It's May, more details will be forthcoming soon enough, so you'll just have to wait until then.

Cheers,
    Joe.

6pointlovin

... and if we just ...

I will reveal NOTHING! c'mon, you don't want to open your presents early, do you? It's May, more details will be forthcoming soon enough, so you'll just have to wait until then.

Cheers,
    Joe.
    HAHAHAHA we gotta try....

AKA Frank N. Bike!!
    Joe I hope you boys keep the lettering of the word "Kona" on the new bikes like it is seen in those pictures. I never was a fan of the old lettering that has been used the last few years. the best lettering was the way Kona did it on the '96 models.
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Interesting to see those pictures.

It'll sound very nit-picking, but

Kinda looks a little unbalanced - the rear half looks super butch and the front triangle all slimmed down. The thing that appeals to me about Kona looks is how the angles of the tubes seem to all be balanced and complimenatry ( esp the 05 Coiler ). But in those pictures, the top tube angle seems to clash with the rocker arms and chain stay and the support brace - too many angles if that makes sense.

Other than that - cool bike.

How about some colour flip paint? that would be fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Good job! I like today's graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197
    Joe I hope you boys keep the lettering of the word "Kona" on the new bikes like it is seen in those pictures. I never was a fan of the old lettering that has been used the last few years. the best lettering was the way Kona did it on the '96 models.
    I really like the "KONA" font on todays' Dawg series. Not such a big fan of the stenciled spray can look on Coiler etc but it is on bikes targeted at maybe a different market. Kind of a rad look so it's cool in it's own right. I like the lettering on the Stinky in the article. A bit more like the current road bike series. Very clean. I wasn't a big fan of the older style foliage laden "KONA". As for colors... keep having fun. I think I bought a kona partly because it wasn't the same old black or red like the others out there. That bright blue really turns heads.
    Try to pick out anything by itself and you find it connected to the entire universe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bring back the Rasta paint scheme!....j/k

Speculation:
    Base Stinky will retain the '05 style frame
    dee&primo will be as prototype

If so give the base Stinky a hella bright paint job,eye burning

Cool earthy colors for upgraded models,maybe matte black on top o' the line Stinky,with polished accents.

Base Stinky needs a litlle better fork,not immeadiate Ebay fodder.

In the Kitchen
    I want one!
    Team Elevate Cycles - www.elevatecycles.com
    SMBA Member - www.saratogamtb.org
    Umphrey's McGee - www.umphreys.com

BGR / MCM #311
    I like the stencil and the present day KONA font (and even the older foliage laden brand name). The new font (our club received a bunch o' socks stamped with the new logo as swag for a recent race...THANKS KONA) is too far a throw from the Hawaii style logo that has always been a favorite...so this new one...is...well...not so much.

Stencil shmencil...the bikes still kick ass....

t
    Boogers and Birthdays....the more you have...the harder it is to breath

mtbr member

No good Not really digging it :-/

Here's the link:

Cheers,
    Joe.
    I am a BIG Kona fan, and own a Coiler personally. I'm not really liking this new design. To put it bluntly I think its pretty ugly. The stinky has really lost its burly looks. It doesnt look like a Kona bike. I like 05 looks better! I hope you guys dont do that to the Coiler, cause it looks and is badazz as is! Sweet bike!!!
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite