mtbr member
    Oct 2005

1992 kona koa steer tube size.

a freind of mine at work has a 1992 kona koa. he curently has a non sup fork in it. hes intrested in buying my oem fork which is a 1 1/8 threadless. i was wondering short of mesureing the bike if anyone knows what size the head set might be. or if hes going to have to buy a new head set to convert the size.

thanks
    IBEX Ignition, 05 Marzocchi DJ1 Outlaw wheels 2.3 tires Saint Crank ATACzPedals LX Drive Train w11-34 185mm BB7&SD5 30lbs

mtbr member
    There were no Koa's in 92 so either you've got the name wrong or the year wrong.

Just about ever bike from the 90's except a few road ones had a 1 1/8" head tube. First few were threaded though so your guy might be buying a little more from you.

Check out Kona.dk. They've got scans of a lot of the older bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke
    There were no Koa's in 92 so either you've got the name wrong or the year wrong.

Just about ever bike from the 90's except a few road ones had a 1 1/8" head tube. First few were threaded though so your guy might be buying a little more from you.

Check out Kona.dk. They've got scans of a lot of the older bikes.
    my co-worker was definite about the name. so he must have gotten the year wrong. He said he bought it new in the early 90's so he must have gotten it in 95 when the koa was released. Nice site there thanks. Ill have to look at his bike once I’ve replaced my fork to see if he will need parts and to be safe measure the steer tube. I figure at the most he will have to pick up a new headset and bar stem if his aren’t compatible. I’m not recycling the existing star nut in my old fork so he can have that. I did warn him he will have to change some break parts as well. Because old my fork is only equipped for v breaks or disk not the old stile center mount or what ever those things were called.
    IBEX Ignition, 05 Marzocchi DJ1 Outlaw wheels 2.3 tires Saint Crank ATACzPedals LX Drive Train w11-34 185mm BB7&SD5 30lbs