mtbr member

16" Kona Unit 29er - Who's running a Suspension fork on one?

I've got a 16" Unit 29er - 2011 frame (the white one) and I dig it. Currently have it set up rigid. But......I'm considering adding a suspension fork to it.........anyone out there riding a small with a 100mm fork? How's it feel?

Just curious as that frame size is the one with the 68.5 degree claimed HT angle with the Kona rigid fork.

Best to all,

Mark

mtbr member
    Bump for you sir. I'd like an answer to this as well...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I currently ride a 16" 2012 Unit with an X-Fusion Slide29 100mm fork w/ remote lockout. I also have a Chris King hs instead of the stock hs, Crank Brothers egg beater 3s, but everything else stock. I put the bike through some decent trail riding this weekend. Saturday in Pacifica down Mile, Crack, Boy Scout and repeats of BoyScout. Sunday at Joaquin Miller Park doing loops of Big Trees, Chaparral, and Cinderella. I can honestly say the bike is one of the most fun to ride of all in my stable right now.

p.s. don't expect the geometry to match that of your typical XC rig, because it won't. It is definitely more slack than my Scott Spark RC w/ integrated SM. It's just a blast to ride on single track, dh, jumps, fire roads. I will be adding an X-fusion Hilo 100mm dropper post to see how that works out. I had the post slammed pretty far down coming down Mile, Crack, and BoyScout though.
    Last edited by wongjonathan87; 10-16-2012 at 12:15 AM.