mtbr member
    May 2006

09 King Kahuna fork offset?

Can anyone confirm whether or not the 39mm fork offset listed on the Kona website for the 09 King Kahuna bike is correct? I was not aware that Fox made a 29er fork with a 39mm offset. Is this custom for Kona, or just a mistake in the specs?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ70
    Can anyone confirm whether or not the 39mm fork offset listed on the Kona website for the 09 King Kahuna bike is correct? I was not aware that Fox made a 29er fork with a 39mm offset. Is this custom for Kona, or just a mistake in the specs?
    I fully acknowledge that someone as ignorant as I am shouldn't reply at all, but as nobody else has, please let me offer the following propositions:

a. the chances of such careful spenders as Kona shelling out extra $ on something special are 0.000001%
    b. the fact that a Project 2 fork has an offset of 39mm may be not wholly unrelated.

I think we recently established that for many years Kona quoted geometry figures on the basis of a P2 being fitted, even for bikes that had much longer forks and were not available with P2s, so could this be a similar case?

Members who have read this thread: 0