I'm UTarded

08 Dawg with Fox 36?

Anyone know if I would void the warranty on an 08 Dawg by putting a 160mm fork on it (Fox 36 TALAS)?

And... if anyone's gone a Dawg with a longer-travel fork... how does it ride? Too raked out and floppy, or bomber and solid?

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Read and you be the judge...http://www.konaworld.com/owners%5Far...showtopic=8533

FWIW, I ran an 07 Wotan, 160mm travel & similiar a/c height as the Fox 36, on my 07 Dawg and thought it was awesome. Alot of riders run Pikes, which I also had, but I preferred the Wotan because of the slacker angles and plusher ride. That is why I eventually upgraded to an 07 Coiler, which is everything I've ever wanted in an XC/AM bike and I don't have to sweat my warranty.
    Last edited by RED5; 06-02-2008 at 06:17 PM.

I'm UTarded
    Hmmm... I still haven't seen anything definitive as to whether it would void the warranty on the 08's. The 08 Dawg frameset is completely different from the 07, so I'm guessing that a 160mm fork just might void the warranty completely. Hmmm...

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by powderboy
    Hmmm... I still haven't seen anything definitive as to whether it would void the warranty on the 08's. The 08 Dawg frameset is completely different from the 07, so I'm guessing that a 160mm fork just might void the warranty completely. Hmmm...
    Hard to say what Kona would do, but I'm guessing you'd have less of a chance of Kona helping you out were something to happen if your fork was out of spec. Although others have said that Kona probably wouldn't do much even if the headtube snapped with the stock fork, so who knows. Doesn't seem that even Kona can give a definitive answer either way.

I say do what you want and have fun. My 07 Dawg was a blast with a 160mm fork. Had it not been for the AWESOME deal I got on my Coiler frame and the fact that the Coiler is so much more versatile, I still be on the Dawg for sure.

Members who have read this thread: 0