mtbr member
    Dec 2006

07 Kona stinky Primo cracked frame....

So I have a 07 stinky primo. I just realized that it has a crack on the frame at the bottom of on of the welds. Oh and the frame has recently been powder coated. Are they gonna not warrently this frame due to the powder coating? Also what's the currently like for this bike?????
    Mike G.

mtbr member
    Contact Kona and explain what happened... At least they can give you a discount on a new frame.

What did you do to crack a Stinky? I just bought an 07 Stinky and I'm curious.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I wouldn't even have the balls to ask them to warranty it the powdercoating likely had no effect on the structure of the frame but once the original finish is gone the frame belongs to you,powdercoat,stripping and polishing,even respraying should void any warranty. Hang it on the wall,you can buy Stinky frames pretty cheap anyway so replace it,07 Primo has decent enough parts to reuse on a more modern frame if you wanna update.

mtbr member
    Powder coat cure temp, aprox 390F. Artificial age for 7005 aprox 200-350F.

Let's say the painter tosses some lawn furniture and car parts in the oven at the same time so his boss won't' find about the buddy deal he's given you? Who knows what temp your frame is at.