Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 147
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333

    07 Coiler Deluxe Frame...

    hey all,
    i allowed a xxl coiler deluxe slip through my fingers @ $1700 used...currently i am in the market for a 20" (xxl) deluxe frame...any suggestions...???

  2. #2
    Cracker
    Reputation: thecrackerasscracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    960
    i bought a frame from wheelworld with dhx 4.0 for 699
    sweet bike just a little heavy

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    what size...xxl...xl...l...med...sm...?
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

  4. #4
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    There still on sale there if you'd like here is the link, http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=4959.

    Its a great platform. Only thing is its heavy so try getting light weight specs on the bike to make it easier on the climb

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156
    i am thinking about getting the same frame. the price is seemingly unbeatable. i ride a trek liquid 20 and am looking for a new rig to ride. i love having the 5.25", which the coiler has .75" more, of suspension that that has so i am thinking about the coiler deelux frame. can i make this thing come in around 33- 34 lbs without breaking the bank? i need something that can handle all aspects of a technical trail so im looking for a good all mountain bike.

  6. #6
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Try going to all the hotdeal sites on mtbr (wheelwolrd, beyond bikes, pricepoint)and build it up musing there clearance stuff. Like check out this wheel set, shimano saint hubs and mavic rims for 200...http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/147...-Disc-Rims.htm... then this saint rear dereailler for 25...http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...rlr+135Mm.aspx... the shimao saint brakes 59$ ... http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...isc+Brake.aspx

    Search and the deals get smokin. I you need any help to find the best dealsI'd be more than glad to help...kind of a hobby since i'm looking to upgrade my set up

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Here is a Coiler Deluxe 07 I just built up (it is still waiting on a few parts, crankset, seatpost and such, and a stiffer titanium spring, as soon as Obtanium has a new lot), but it climbs great as is, for a 36lb bike (Wotan's travel adjustment and platform adjust helps a lot with that)


  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    Here is a Coiler Deluxe 07 I just built up (it is still waiting on a few parts, crankset, seatpost and such, and a stiffer titanium spring, as soon as Obtanium has a new lot), but it climbs great as is, for a 36lb bike (Wotan's travel adjustment and platform adjust helps a lot with that)

    this looks like a great bike. how are things like brake jack and such? i have a traditional 4 bar on the liquid right now and that thing locks up tight when its bumpy and you hit the brakes. also, do you think it would make a good trail/ am bike?

    oh yeah, what is wotans travel adj? and im assuming that the platform adjust is propedal?

  9. #9
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhills
    oh yeah, what is wotans travel adj? and im assuming that the platform adjust is propedal?
    Wotan adjusts from 160 ->120, via a remote on the bars. The Platform is called Albert Select and it's more similiar to Motion Control, it's a compression adjust that can adjusted from plush to lockout.

  10. #10
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Mind giving us some illustration... kinda lost on how that works...SICK set up though

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by RED5
    Wotan adjusts from 160 ->120, via a remote on the bars. The Platform is called Albert Select and it's more similiar to Motion Control, it's a compression adjust that can adjusted from plush to lockout.
    What he said - and platform can be turned off and on with a knob - or with an optional remote.

    So far I like Wotan in short travel setting over Lyric 2Step, 55 ATA and TALAS. Excellent fork for this application.

    I am switching to a 2x9 (22/36 front) setup with a E13 DRS chainguide/bashguard to do the justice to its rough trail capabilities. Will need to lighten it up elsewhere. It climbs really well for such a burly bike - DHX platform also helps. Very balanced feel with Wotan.

  12. #12
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Still wtf is wotan besides the travel adjust. A link or brand would be helpful
    Last edited by headstrong356; 10-15-2008 at 06:51 AM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Still wtf is wotan besides the travel adjust. A link would be helpful
    Wotan is a brand of 160mm travel "fork" made by the Magura company in Germany. That is the olive green thing in front of the bike on the picture I have posted. It has two tubes between which you attach the front wheel (the round thing covered in nobby rubber). It allows the wheel to rotate and at the same time to bounce up and down - up to 160mm (about 6 inches, or a small penis length), but not sideways, so you can steer the bike.

    This "fork" has a feature called "flight control" or "travel adjust" that allows it to be temporarly compressed by an extra 40mm (almost 2 inches).

    Last edited by Broccoli; 10-15-2008 at 12:34 AM.

  14. #14
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736

    Upset

    I know what a bloody fork is ... I'm a F_cking mechanic ... just a bit unfamilliar with the name wotan( fox + talas... Marzocchi+ ata... rockshox+u turn). Now i know it is made by magura( the german company). Thats all i was asking about.Here in Canada we don't now to much about the smaller companies from the other side of the world. Mind you that its sound like a sweet fork... if I researched it properly, i understand it has lock out with both high/low speed dampening . How much does it cost
    Last edited by headstrong356; 10-15-2008 at 01:21 PM.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    I know what a bloody fork is ... I'm a F_cking mechanic ... just a bit unfamilliar with the name wotan( fox + talas... Marzocchi+ ata... rockshox+u turn). Now i know it is made by magura( the german company). Thats all i was asking about.Here in Canada we don't now to much about the smaller companies from the other side of the world. Mind you that sound like a sweet fork... if I researched it properly, i understand it has lock out with both high/low speed dampening . How much does it cost
    using a site called google.. i entered "magura wotan" and sure enough.. the very first hit was...

    http://www.magura.com/english/frameset/frameset.htm

    amazingly enough.. google shopping also had numerous hits.. with more than 20 results.. http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...num=1&ct=title

  16. #16
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736

    No good

    No SH+T sherlock... I don't think theres a person on the planet who doesn't know how to use google. I was just looking for a price in canadian dollars since most of it was in pounds and american. But then again screw it since I see a lack of maturity coming along when people decide to smart ass pricks rather than helpfull.

    PS... FLMIke, if you didn't notice the first metion of wotan being related to magura was the post before yours ...so mayby the result of my question (the post) got me to use google without computers for dummies and cause me to write: it has lock out with both high/low speed dampening

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156
    its exactly like the IT system i have on my manitou minute 3. even down to the handlebar mounted control. its extremely useful. my main concern about the coiler is the weight of it. an all mountain bike thats close to 40 lbs is a little much. i know i could spec lighter components but to what end? that would break the wallet.

  18. #18
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    No SH+T sherlock... I don't think theres a person on the planet who doesn't know how to use google. I was just looking for a price in canadian dollars since most of it was in pounds and american. But then again screw it since I see a lack of maturity coming along when people decide to smart ass pricks rather than helpfull.

    PS... FLMIke, if you didn't notice the first metion of wotan being related to magura was the post before yours ...so mayby the result of my question (the post) got me to use google without computers for dummies and cause me to write: it has lock out with both high/low speed dampening
    Here is a little review from the Canadian boys...http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Magura-...view-2008.html , just to give you a little bit more info, enjoy.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Mind you that sound like a sweet fork... if I researched it properly, i understand it has lock out with both high/low speed dampening . How much does it cost
    Sorry, I could not resist - I thought you had been banned from Google.

    Yes, it is a very nice fork, it is actually a bit cheaper then TALAS 36 or Lyric and I did prefer it to both after I had a chance to compare (not for too long). But reviews had been equally good. I bought on Ebay for about half retail with a cut steerer but no sign of any usage. I got a rare color. They are offered for about $800. There are no big changes in 2009. 2008 is improved compared with 2007 - they improved damping.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhills
    its exactly like the IT system i have on my manitou minute 3. even down to the handlebar mounted control. its extremely useful. my main concern about the coiler is the weight of it. an all mountain bike thats close to 40 lbs is a little much. i know i could spec lighter components but to what end? that would break the wallet.
    I have it very moderately spec'ed, and it is about 36/37 pounds at the moment - and that is with a low end wheelset - (but 2.1 tires). Total cost of the bike was well under $2K with everything bought off Ebay.

    (XT brakes/rotors (203/160) and shifters and derailleurs, LX cranks (to be replaced with 22/36 SLX with E13 DLS guide), Thompson stem and seat post (get 30.0 while they are there..), Rondine saddle, Wotan fork, Deore/Singletrack wheels, Schwalbe tires)

    I think I will upgrade a few parts here and there, and eventually get a nicer set of wheels and have it under 35.

    I have done a fair bit of climbing on it - and it does not seem to be a problem at all.

  21. #21
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Thanks... it okay, i like jokes to. That half the fun of forums. Just FLMike guy pissed me off since isn't exactly a KONA regular and seem to be looking for trouble... But all in all "LOL".
    By the way does it have lockout with high/low speed compression/rebound?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Thanks... it okay, i like jokes to. That half the fun of forums. Just FLMike guy pissed me off since isn't exactly a KONA regular and seem to be looking for trouble... But all in all "LOL".
    By the way does it have lockout with high/low speed compression/rebound?
    They call this "Albert select" and it has a tunable level of platform that can be turned on and off with a switch or an optional second remote (I prefer switch). It also has a rebound adjuster on the bottom of a leg.

    Here is a graph explaining the Albert Select adjustment range - so you can have selectable compression curve - either open, or within the adjustment range. I found that I set it to about 30% and engage it together with adjusting travel down for climbing - or when I need to tune brake dive down on descend.


  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156
    can you run an air shock, like a dhx air or marz roco? there is a killer deal on coiler frames at wheelworld right now and im trying to see if i can lighten her up a bit for am riding.

  24. #24
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhills
    can you run an air shock, like a dhx air or marz roco? there is a killer deal on coiler frames at wheelworld right now and im trying to see if i can lighten her up a bit for am riding.
    Of course, not a problem. As a matter of fact that is exactly what I did with my 07 Coiler, Roco Air TST R.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    156
    could you post up a pick of your coiler? whats it weigh and how does it handle? im going to be pedalling a decent amount so im looking for something that can handle rough trail, both ups and downs, and not kill me with the weight.

  26. #26
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,028
    I'll try to get some pics this weekend, currently she's in a bit of disarray I've changing around some parts. I would say it weighs somewhere @ 35-37lbs, but with good reason I have some pretty beefy parts. Here is a quick build list...

    19" Coiler 07
    Maggie Wotan
    Marz Roco Air TST R
    Azonic Outlaw wheels 20mm f / 12mm R
    Kenda Telonix 2.2 tires (780grams each)
    Truvativ Stylo Cranks 22/34
    E13 DRS
    Shimano 647 pedals or CB 5050xx
    x-9 shifters & rear der
    SRAM 12-34 cassette
    SRAM front der
    FSA Pig DH Pro headset
    Gravity Dropper seatpost (4-2-0 drop)
    WTB Pure V saddle
    Truvativ Holzfeller stem 55mm
    Truvativ Holzfeller bars 50mm rise x 710
    Saint brakes 8" fr&rr
    ODI Lock on Grips

    I'm waiting on the floating brake kit from my LBS.

  27. #27
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    I'm thinking about getting the same rear shock, or an X fusion h3...that with a 55 ata.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhills
    can you run an air shock, like a dhx air or marz roco? there is a killer deal on coiler frames at wheelworld right now and im trying to see if i can lighten her up a bit for am riding.
    I gave it a thought, and gave my Coiler another ride, and decided that I would not bother. It rides so well on coil. I would rather spend this money on a new wheelset (looking around ride now, my stretch goal is I9 Enduro or something to this effect).

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    that with a 55 ata.
    Wotan KO1 55ATA

  30. #30
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Try going to all the hotdeal sites on mtbr (wheelwolrd, beyond bikes, pricepoint)and build it up musing there clearance stuff. Like check out this wheel set, shimano saint hubs and mavic rims for 200...http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/147...-Disc-Rims.htm... then this saint rear dereailler for 25...http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...rlr+135Mm.aspx... the shimao saint brakes 59$ ... http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...isc+Brake.aspx

    Search and the deals get smokin. I you need any help to find the best dealsI'd be more than glad to help...kind of a hobby since i'm looking to upgrade my set up
    headstrong...can you supply a cursory list for decent, light compatible components for this bike...while i thoroughly enjoy searching the vast expanse of the internet, i am looking for someone's opinion(s) on components for making this bike relatively light (low thirties) and the pricing at hand...please keep in mind that i started this thread b/c i am departing from my loved hardtail to potentially a Deluxe...with that said please be patient and understanding of my ignorance pertaining to full susp all mountain rides...
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

  32. #32
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Thirties sound like a great challenge... give me some numbers to play with. Also do you care about the year model of the spec or do you like relatively new? And it is for the 07 coiler on wheel world yes? It might take a day but I'll do it.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Thirties sound like a great challenge... give me some numbers to play with. Also do you care about the year model of the spec or do you like relatively new? And it is for the 07 coiler on wheel world yes? It might take a day but I'll do it.
    wow...thank you...yes wheelworld xxl (20in)...keep in mind that i am approx 6'5" and 240lbs when considering which parts to mention...good luck, thanks, and it is not a high proirity...thanks again...
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

  34. #34
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Whats your budget? So that way I don't give you some useless stuff and squeeze every penny.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Whats your budget? So that way I don't give you some useless stuff and squeeze every penny.
    my preference is not to surpass the 2k mark...considering i can just buy a full bike as opposed to a frame and your recommended build kit...is the factory kona components that are on the complete bike worth just purchasing the pre-built bike...?
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

  36. #36
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    The 2007 coiler deluxe was valued at 3700 or something like that. All the 2009 coilair run above 2000. Where as the build kit + frame could have the same specs as a deluxe or primo at half the cost... low 2000 or below. So far at 800 filled in I have an xtr front derailer, xt rear, 2008 55ata fork

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    The 2007 coiler deluxe was valued at 3700 or something like that. All the 2009 coilair run above 2000. Where as the build kit + frame could have the same specs as a deluxe or primo at half the cost... low 2000 or below. So far at 800 filled in I have an xtr front derailer, xt rear, 2008 55ata fork
    i too have been looking for deals...i am wondering if i can "step" into a coiler deluxe from wheelworld complete cheaper than if i were to build one with a pre-made built kit or a build kit from your list or one from mine...a deal is a deal and i like the aspect of picking and choosing my own components but if i can get a decent all mountain for 1999.99 than i will go that route and modify later...my request from you is to help me determine whether or not i should utilize a build kit or a complete from wheelworld...thanks headstrong for you cooperation...
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by adubb25
    i too have been looking for deals...i am wondering if i can "step" into a coiler deluxe from wheelworld complete cheaper than if i were to build one with a pre-made built kit or a build kit from your list or one from mine...a deal is a deal and i like the aspect of picking and choosing my own components but if i can get a decent all mountain for 1999.99 than i will go that route and modify later...my request from you is to help me determine whether or not i should utilize a build kit or a complete from wheelworld...thanks headstrong for you cooperation...
    Frame from wheelworld: $850 shipped
    Singletrack wheels from wheelworld - $150 for 20mm front
    Online prices shipped (looked at one seller from Thailand for example):
    XT brakes - $250
    rotors - depends if you need 203mm front - say $60.
    SLX double crank and double specific front derailler $205
    XT shadow GS rear - $75
    XT shifters -$90
    XT cassette - $75
    Stem, handlebar, seatpost, seat, housing - ~$250, unless you want all Thompson and Easton carbon fiber and Fizik. Tires - $50..

    ~$2000 so far for a very good kit.

    Now the expensive part will be the fork. Wotan will run $800, Fox in the same range..

  39. #39
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Done...2345$ for one kick ass kit includding the frame... load up the specs later.

  40. #40
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Well for 2000 already made you get bottom line specs but for 2350 you get:
    From wheelworld...
    Single track/deore wheel set
    Frame coiler deluxe
    Evolve am stem
    Evolve handle bars
    WTB velociraptor tires

    From jenson usa
    Juicy 7 disk brakes
    Xt shifters, derailers(shadow style!!) chain, cassette and
    Evolve xc x-type crank
    FSA pig headset,
    55 ata fork
    2 tubes

    The only thing you pick out are the pedal, saddle and grips. After all i did want to pick you comfort zone specs. No one should.

    I'll give you the links later today

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    From jenson usa
    Juicy 7 disk brakes
    Xt shifters, derailers(shadow style!!) chain, cassette and
    Evolve xc x-type crank
    FSA pig headset,
    55 ata fork
    2 tubes
    I do highly recommend some larger asian sellers on Ebay over Jenson (never had a problem with Jenson, but money are money).. (one, another, yet another...)

    For me, CA tax at Jenson is another problems - large enough to cover shipping from Asia...

    In your list - I will really advise getting the AM SLX crank (22, 36, bash) together with a two ring specific SLX front derailler. Excellent crank for the task. Tree fort has both with free shipping.

    55 ATA seems to be a hit or miss - if you get 2008 Marzocchi it is indeed makes sense to buy domestically, as it may end up in the service... At $609 at Jenson, I think it makes sense to pay say $824 for Van 36 with a headset included at Pricepoint, (or $669 for slightly heavier 2008), or even better yet (and if you like adjustible travel) $790 for 2008 (same as 2009) Magura Wotan shipped from the Tree Fort Bikes.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    In your list - I will really advise getting the AM SLX crank (22, 36, bash) together with a two ring specific SLX front derailler. Excellent crank for the task. Tree fort has both with free shipping.
    can save another $40 on the SLX crank by ordering from Chain Reaction Cycles..

    Although shipping isnt free until you hit the $275.. it wont be hard to get to that point if youre building a bike from scratch...

    With the great prices there, i opted for a nicer crank for the same amount of money i would have spent domestically..

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Done...2345$ for one kick ass kit includding the frame... load up the specs later.
    nice...thanks headstrong...curmy and flmike...i did not mean to make this a competition yet some competition helps yield some of the finest results...it seems as i research the recommended build kits i do have some very fine options...

    i am going to beg for a dollar after y'all gave me a quarter...is it possible to guess weight on ride pre-build...???
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

  44. #44
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Ya but chain reaction cycles is in the uk and your in Florida... never mind your right about the free shipping.... a well back to the drawing board. But I highly recomend this kit I created at jenson usa http://www.jensonusa.com/store/build...i1JiAd0PO16p9T but if you would like the slx crank it can do that to for 135 $ extra. But i'll try to save more money by using chain reaction

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by adubb25
    nice...thanks headstrong...curmy and flmike...i did not mean to make this a competition yet some competition helps yield some of the finest results...it seems as i research the recommended build kits i do have some very fine options...
    I dont see it as competition.. just pointing out a place to save a few bucks in the build

  46. #46
    Do it all or nothing
    Reputation: headstrong356's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    736
    Or still trying to see if ata schools wotan LOL, jokes. Ya For a second I forgot who i was doing this for. But remembering who, I stick with my build kit and will calculate the weight As for the links that could take a while. But all the stuff from wheelworld was on there deal page

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    but if you would like the slx crank it can do that to for 135 $ extra. But i'll try to save more money by using chain reaction
    If you get two ring SLX, you should go for the medium cage (GS) rear shadow XT. It has enough chain wrap capacity with front 36 to 22 (may be not crosschained to 11) and tidies up things so that a chainguide may be not needed at all.

    I have switched the rear cassette to 11-34, from 32, switched granny ring to 24t titanium (24/34 is just 2% higher then 22/32 and seems enough for me), so that I have larger range in each front gear. Now I am happy with the setup.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong356
    Or still trying to see if ata schools wotan LOL, jokes.
    55 ATA is lighter but that is about it. I prefer Magura flight control over ATA by a wide margin, and Albert Select seems to be a nice platform, and it is incredibly stiff. But if not for the travel adjust, I would have got 2009 Van 36 coil. Can't live without an easy travel adjust for AM duties.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,764
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike
    can save another $40 on the SLX crank by ordering from Chain Reaction Cycles..
    Another excellent source for parts, thank you for reminding.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    where can i get sizes, dimensions, and diameters for the coiler deluxe 20"...?
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •