mtbr member

New question here. '06 Lisa DS. Do they run small?

Hi y'all Kona peeps!

My niece, who is new to the sport has found a good deal on a 17" '06 Lisa DS. She is 5'5" and the previous owner said the bike fit her "just fine" and she is 5'4".

I looked on the Kona Europe site (only place I can find the 2006 info) and took a look at the measurements. I am wondering if the stand over height is too much for her size.

Anyone have any insight? I am assuming that the bike is stock.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Nice no rass
    The Lisa sits tall. My wife of 5-2 really wanted one, but the 15" stand over was over an inch and a half taller than her current 15" HT. She ended going with a Jamis Dakar in a 13" frame to get the right stand over. Depends on how, where and what type of riding she will do if she can squeak by with a taller bike that really doesn't have enough stand over which is my guess on the PO. Too tall for her, but probably rides pretty smooth stuff so can get away with it b/c she never needs to bail in big rocks and find the ground before the top tube.

mtbr member
    My wife's a bit short of 5'9" and she's on a 17".

_
    Mar 2004
    5'4 seems a little small to be on a 17" in my opinion. i'm 5'8 and rode a 17" coiler deluxe, and am now on a 17" dawg primo.

mtbr member
    The Lisa DS didn't get 'female specific' geometry until the 2007 model year. In 2006 they were basically the same bikes as the 'mens' Kikapu line, but with a few changes like softer fork springs, short reach brake levers, a female specific saddle, and (of course) different naming and paint.

....I think....

2006 geometry:
    http://www.konaworld.com/tech/techni...6_Geometry.pdf

My thought is, unless this is a younger girl who might still grow into this bike (physically), you should probably shop around for a smaller frame. Good luck.

Nice no rass
    hallin,

You're right, the 2006 Lisa was just a mens Kikapu frame with softer spring, shorter brake levers and womens saddle. Might of even had narrower bars, can't remember. Not sure on the 07's, as we were shopping for my wife in 06.