Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005

    Cool-blue Rhythm 05 Kona Coiler in action!!!

    I was down at Canyon Lake park today, and had a guy with a good camera with me. Got some nifty shots! Enjoy!





    Last edited by Mountainbikextremist; 05-22-2005 at 06:15 PM.
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005

    This is what i used to ride! LMAO!!!!

    This is my old hard-tail Gary Fisher Tassajara. This is what got me into the whole mountain biking buisness. This is what it started out to be atleast, and i made upgrades over the year. She is getting sold, as she is about to die. But isnt she an ugly one though?!? LOL!


    Ahh well, she served me well...
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    54

    sweet

    Sick drop! Way to stick the landing!

  4. #4
    BGR / MCM #311
    Reputation: fireboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    829
    Man...nice sheer face drop with a perfect approach and kick ass transition at the bottom....I'm surprised there aren't worn paths on the tranny from lots of bikes dropping that thing. Keep taking pictures and posting the location and there WILL be!!! LOL.

    Nice job!! Sweet pics....

    and hang on to that tassa....some day you'll be like..."gee...wish I had a lighter bike to just go cruise the woods on" and BAM...you'll have it!!

    terry
    Boogers and Birthdays....the more you have...the harder it is to breath

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by fireboy
    Man...nice sheer face drop with a perfect approach and kick ass transition at the bottom....I'm surprised there aren't worn paths on the tranny from lots of bikes dropping that thing. Keep taking pictures and posting the location and there WILL be!!! LOL.

    Nice job!! Sweet pics....

    and hang on to that tassa....some day you'll be like..."gee...wish I had a lighter bike to just go cruise the woods on" and BAM...you'll have it!!

    terry
    I havent seen anybody drop this besides myself. I remeber last year, I saw a couple guys that were eying it, but i never saw them do it. The Tass isnt worth it to keep anymore. I was doing that same drop on the Tass, with a Psylo SL. I beat the crap out of that little lady, and i would rather get a couple hundred bucks out of her then keep it. Besides, I do everything on my Coiler anyways. Commute to school, work, cruise the woods, urban ride, and freeride. I'll proably have some more pics this weekend.
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,152
    Man, your making me miss RC real bad bro! How about some more pic's!


    BTW, who is your Kona dealer? Is it the shop across the street from the lake, Mountainbike Mania?
    Last edited by drumstix; 05-23-2005 at 09:16 PM.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005
    Your wish is my command!




    How do you like my 2.7?


    This is a section of a trail that i just got done doing called M-Hill. The trail head is a 10 min bike ride from my house!


    Another technical section on M-Hill. If you look hard enough you might be able to spot the coiler hiding further back.


    The Coiler in its natural envoironment

    Oh yeah, the bike shop i got it from "Acme Bicyles" is a min away from the drop at the lake.
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,152
    What ever happened to Mountainbike Mania? I think that is where Acme is now. I bought a Kona Hot from them years ago from a crazy guy named Bob.

    Anyway, keep feeding the RC/Kona Coiler pic's, I dig em!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    What ever happened to Mountainbike Mania? I think that is where Acme is now. I bought a Kona Hot from them years ago from a crazy guy named Bob.

    Anyway, keep feeding the RC/Kona Coiler pic's, I dig em!
    I never heard of Mountainbike Mania. They must have gone out of buisness awhile ago. I know a crazy guy named Bob that works for 2 Wheeler Dealer. I have heard some pretty ridiculous stuff that he has done. IE huck the chalk cliffs at Meadowbrook Elementry School. Atleast 10 ft! Not sure if we are thinking of the same guy though. I can see my self hucking those cliffs in the future, but I can afford any type of breakage at the moment. The coiler has been holding up so far. Have been in a couple whipouts. I will keep the pics comming as I take/get them. I will probly be up M-Hill again tomarrow. Cheers!
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikextremist
    I never heard of Mountainbike Mania. They must have gone out of buisness awhile ago. I know a crazy guy named Bob that works for 2 Wheeler Dealer. I have heard some pretty ridiculous stuff that he has done. IE huck the chalk cliffs at Meadowbrook Elementry School. Atleast 10 ft! Not sure if we are thinking of the same guy though. I can see my self hucking those cliffs in the future, but I can afford any type of breakage at the moment. The coiler has been holding up so far. Have been in a couple whipouts. I will keep the pics comming as I take/get them. I will probly be up M-Hill again tomarrow. Cheers!

    Probably him, I think his nick-name is Blaze'n Bob.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005

    Cool-blue Rhythm Updated! More Coiler pics

    Here are the rabbit droppings on the St. Martin's trail. There is a really good sized drop off to my left, but I couldnt modivate my self to do it, and I couldnt even modivate my self to huck this smaller one! Whats up with that??? Bad day i guess, or it could be that i have NO money to fix ANYTHING! Enjoy!

    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    280
    Yep, sweet pics!!! I just got my '05 Dawg Dee-Lux today that I ordered from ACME out there (looks about the same color as the Coiler). Can't wait to hit the trails on it, although nothing like you are doing....I am more of a XC type of guy!!! Thanks for sharing.

    GaryJ

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005

    Good job! Congrats!

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ
    Yep, sweet pics!!! I just got my '05 Dawg Dee-Lux today that I ordered from ACME out there (looks about the same color as the Coiler). Can't wait to hit the trails on it, although nothing like you are doing....I am more of a XC type of guy!!! Thanks for sharing.

    GaryJ
    Congrats on your new buy, and I hope you enjoy it. Tim's a great guy and runs a great shop. Let me know if you want to hit St. Martins, M-Hill, or something on some afternoon. I am off school at 12:45. Dont hesitate to give me a ring--->399-2909 and the names Joe. Cheers and happy trails!
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  14. #14
    Still on Training Wheels!
    Reputation: drum714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikextremist
    Here are the rabbit droppings on the St. Martin's trail. There is a really good sized drop off to my left, but I couldnt modivate my self to do it, and I couldnt even modivate my self to huck this smaller one! Whats up with that??? Bad day i guess, or it could be that i have NO money to fix ANYTHING! Enjoy!

    Nice Roll. That looks like it would be easier to drop than roll. Very impressive!
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.


    Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

  15. #15
    Still on Training Wheels!
    Reputation: drum714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,108
    couple pics of my 04 coiler in action.
    Last edited by drum714; 04-07-2006 at 07:19 PM.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.


    Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

  16. #16
    kona-tize me captain
    Reputation: austinb89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,118
    does the 05 koiler feel like the 04 stinky? sweet pics man, i love that blue color id take it over my orange and black anyday
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    does the 05 koiler feel like the 04 stinky? sweet pics man, i love that blue color id take it over my orange and black anyday
    I couldnt tell ya, cause i have never ridden an 04 stinky. I have heard that they have the same geometry though. Check the Kona website on their frame designs.
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    Nice Roll. That looks like it would be easier to drop than roll. Very impressive!
    Yeah, it probly would be...
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    couple pics of my 04 coiler in action.
    That is an awesome looking drop in the middle pic

  20. #20
    Still on Training Wheels!
    Reputation: drum714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,108
    The pic doesn't do it any justice! It is a 7 foot drop to a very short trany, so you can't hit it with a whole lot of speed, but man is it smooooooooth!

    Love the back drop to. That is Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs, Colorado
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.


    Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dingleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    339
    Still trying to grow into my Coiler's abilities. I ride a lot of XC so setup includes: FSA Carbon bars, Easton EA 70 120mm stem, Panaracer Fire XC Pro's, 34T Race Face Bash, Crank Bros Candy SL pedals. I love my bike so far because its so versatile. I am just now getting into a few more Freeride type things. I have it weighing about 34 lbs with the upgrades.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountainbikextremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by dingleberry
    Still trying to grow into my Coiler's abilities. I ride a lot of XC so setup includes: FSA Carbon bars, Easton EA 70 120mm stem, Panaracer Fire XC Pro's, 34T Race Face Bash, Crank Bros Candy SL pedals. I love my bike so far because its so versatile. I am just now getting into a few more Freeride type things. I have it weighing about 34 lbs with the upgrades.
    Cool pics man, and im glad to hear your enjoying you Coiler. Its a fun bike!
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

    You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    10
    Had a question about that blue on the coiler. The one thing keeping me from wanting it right now is that I really hate blue. I did read somewhere that its awesome and it has to be seen in person to appreciate it? Any thoughts? I hope I don't pass on the coiler for the dawg because of the color....

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    454

    You Gotta see it in person

    I didn't really like it from the pictures either. It looks different in person. The paint seems to have a silver tint or a silver base that gives it a unique anodized look. The pics make it look flat. Even in person the first time I was a bit cold on it. It grows on you though. Hey there are a LOT worse colors. Like that creme, pa-leeze! The color definately get's people's attention.
    Try to pick out anything by itself and you find it connected to the entire universe.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dingleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    339
    The color is really awesome in my opinion. I would almost describe it as a glowing or neon blue. I get positive remarks about it all the time. Pictures don’t quite do it justice for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 05 Kona Coiler Dee-Lux bottom bracket issues
    By looneytunes in forum Kona
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 07:20 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 02:46 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 07:11 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:17 PM
  5. Kona Coiler Dee-lux 05' or SX Trail enduro 05'
    By freerider167 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •