dft
    mtbr member

05 DAWG opinions

i'm seriously looking at the dawg for a 2nd bike, it now has 5 inches in the rear.
    i have an 03 stinky deelux for my freeride bike, i love it, but i still do longer rides from time to time. looking for a 2nd, 30 pound trail bike. this seems like a good bang for the buck.

Get lost more often.
    Mar 2005
    excellent choice, i have the 04 (only differ. is 4 in the front and rear) frame dimensions are pretty much the same. Although I opted for the lowest (dawg matic) because i had a different suspension plan and etc. than that of the higher grade dawgs... so i wound up with $2200 bike with my exact specs rather than a $2000 bike with a couple things to be swapped out.

other great bikes to look at... jamis xlt, giant vt, gary fisher cake (has a xc inspired cockpit), Marin wolfridge.

Kona builds great frames, really tough on the seams. i have thrown mine into a couple trees and rode away with nothing more than cosmetic scratches... but given your othre bike it would be nice to keep it in the family for one... and the 05 dawg has the same cockpit feel as the 04 (rode it out of curiousity) and stinky cockpit seems nothing more than an Exaggerated dawg if you look at the frame dimensions and put them into ratios versus each other, thus, you would feel right at home after only a couple mins. (probably). but seriously look at hte marin and the jamis.

hope my mindless drivel helps.
    Always... no wait... NEVER! accept a drink from a urologist.