mtbr member
    Jun 2006

XL Warden for Clydesdale?

Been staring at the sale for a bit now - I'm 6'4/34" inseam 245 lbs. curious how the warden is for bigger guys. Ride mostly trails in the northeast for fun, no huge drops. Thanks

Unit 91
    I'm 6'4", 200 lbs. riding an XL Chilcotin. Set up with 760mm bars and a 50mm stem. I live in the mid Atlantic, so we probably ride similar terrain. The fit is spot on (I could prob use a bit longer stem, but I prefer shorter) and the bike defines the word solid. I believe the warden has a bit longer reach and a few different gel numbers, but I would expect a similar fit if I moved to the Warden. I took a blind leap buying a Knolly, but it's the best decision I made and I anticipate always having a Knolly frame in my stable.

Take advantage of the sale, it's a phenomenal price. I know the northeast is full of chunk, and the 4x4 suspension is made just for that. Good luck!
    Bikes

Braaap
    Same height and inseam, XL sizing is spot on for me. Knolly doesn't use massively blown out hydro-formed tubing, but don't let that fool you! Burly dual row bearings and Ti hardware keep the frames stiff.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Not quite that size, but at 6' 2" and 220 lbs, I have been very comfortable on large frames, which is what Knolly recommended for my size on the original V-Tach. I have owned a number of Knollies since and have always worked well on a large frame. Stiffness? Not something that ever crosses my mind with the frames. I have felt problems with forks and cranks, but the lateral stiffness of the frame is something that I look at as a big differentiating factor compared to most other brands.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks everybody