Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

A very Knolly Christmas?

7K views 96 replies 28 participants last post by  socalMX 
#1 ·
Ok, who got some cool stuff for their bikes? Let's see it. My very Knolly Christmas is only a few days off now :D

#7 ·
I came off of a diamondback mission that I absolutely loved. It felt great in every scenario from long trail rides to bike park laps. But the itch for the Knolly grew stronger and stronger and I finally just said F it and bought a chilcotin. I first built it up and rode and honestly was not disappointed at the bike, but disappointed that I just had blown 3k on a bike that felt "a little" better than my mission...

Well fast foward 3 months and I am beyond glad I ditched the mission for the chilcotin. I can tell u its stiff, fast, good geo, yada yada but that wont mean a whole lot til you get on it and ride.

The one thing that I tell people (if they ask) that they can relate to is that it NEVER loses its new bike feel. I am so frikkin stoked to ride the chili every single time I get on it. Its just such a fun bike to ride. I went through several bikes before the chili but i can say the chili will not be leaving the stable any time soon, and if it does, it will probably be to buy another knolly.

#30 ·
Just got this new beaut in :) Going to put in some " break in " time on the fork and shock to allow springs to settle in and stretch etc .. Once thats done , ill have a custom tune on both from Craig so i can start up my downhill sessions this upcoming season with this thing

Also got a full toolshop in the works as well coming up :) and paid off some bills haha ..

#33 ·
Its amazing , i used it for last season during downhill at the bike parks .. Its just as good as a Minion , better in the wet and muddy but the minion is a tad better in dry but not enough for me to keep it .. I found that running the MM up front with a Big Betty in the rear was the perfect combo for off camber rock faces , gnarly chunk, wet roots, and wet grounds.. In the dry they both worked very good, gripped nicely .

#40 ·
haha yea , its at 180 :D .. Not sure just yet , i put it on wednesday and im sick , been tempted to go ride tomorrow just to test it out .. Im going to see how it rides in both steep and slack positioning with the rear shock .

Dont be nervous about a 170mm , i had the Lyrik Air and the front end never wandered or came up. The bike stays planted up front . Ill test out the 180 tomorrow on some good rocky climbs to see how she does .

Thanks for the comments, ill try and get some pix up tomorrow of my venture , hopefully the snow will be melted away.

#47 ·
I've opened it...and this thing is AWESOME! Not sure who packed this thing up, but damn....impressive use of space. When I saw the boxes, I thought a bunch of stuff was missing....not so.

No photos until the build is complete....which won't be until next Friday at earliest :madman:

Trust me, the build will be worth it....incredible.

#53 ·
a bit late to the tire party..
On my Delirium for DH I run the following.

Dry - Big Betty Front and Rear.
Intermediate - Muddy Mary (2.5) Front and Big Betty Rear.
Wet - Muddy Mary (2.5) Front and Muddy Mary (2.35) in Rear.

All tires are Vertstar DH casing.

michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.