Results 1 to 97 of 97
  1. #1
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447

    A very Knolly Christmas?

    Ok, who got some cool stuff for their bikes? Let's see it. My very Knolly Christmas is only a few days off now
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570
    No pics but I got:
    -Black Spank Spike pedals
    -Sram X9 type 2 derailleur

    And finally sent in my DHX to craig!!!

  3. #3
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    No pics but I got:
    -Black Spank Spike pedals
    -Sram X9 type 2 derailleur

    And finally sent in my DHX to craig!!!
    Nice. Your are going to love the DHX when you get it back.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Nice. Your are going to love the DHX when you get it back.
    I am really pumped. I chatted with Craig for 5 min or so and told him I knew nothing about suspension and he gave me the details in Laymans terms. Happy to support a smaller company who cares about the customer.

    Now what Im not happy about is how Im gonna afford to send in my fork to match my rear shock

  5. #5
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    I am really pumped. I chatted with Craig for 5 min or so and told him I knew nothing about suspension and he gave me the details in Laymans terms. Happy to support a smaller company who cares about the customer.

    Now what Im not happy about is how Im gonna afford to send in my fork to match my rear shock
    Yes, Craig is amazing, and I agree about supporting the little guy, especially when their product is far superior. The shock will spoil you.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    596
    Im trying to get into a knolly for christmas. Although its past hopefully soon I will post my purchase if everything goes as planned. Hope its as awesome as it looks to be!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Im trying to get into a knolly for christmas. Although its past hopefully soon I will post my purchase if everything goes as planned. Hope its as awesome as it looks to be!
    I came off of a diamondback mission that I absolutely loved. It felt great in every scenario from long trail rides to bike park laps. But the itch for the Knolly grew stronger and stronger and I finally just said F it and bought a chilcotin. I first built it up and rode and honestly was not disappointed at the bike, but disappointed that I just had blown 3k on a bike that felt "a little" better than my mission...

    Well fast foward 3 months and I am beyond glad I ditched the mission for the chilcotin. I can tell u its stiff, fast, good geo, yada yada but that wont mean a whole lot til you get on it and ride.

    The one thing that I tell people (if they ask) that they can relate to is that it NEVER loses its new bike feel. I am so frikkin stoked to ride the chili every single time I get on it. Its just such a fun bike to ride. I went through several bikes before the chili but i can say the chili will not be leaving the stable any time soon, and if it does, it will probably be to buy another knolly.

  8. #8
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    I came off of a diamondback mission that I absolutely loved. It felt great in every scenario from long trail rides to bike park laps. But the itch for the Knolly grew stronger and stronger and I finally just said F it and bought a chilcotin. I first built it up and rode and honestly was not disappointed at the bike, but disappointed that I just had blown 3k on a bike that felt "a little" better than my mission...

    Well fast foward 3 months and I am beyond glad I ditched the mission for the chilcotin. I can tell u its stiff, fast, good geo, yada yada but that wont mean a whole lot til you get on it and ride.

    The one thing that I tell people (if they ask) that they can relate to is that it NEVER loses its new bike feel. I am so frikkin stoked to ride the chili every single time I get on it. Its just such a fun bike to ride. I went through several bikes before the chili but i can say the chili will not be leaving the stable any time soon, and if it does, it will probably be to buy another knolly.
    This is a really interesting and honest post. I can tell you I felt similarly when I bought my first Endo. The bike takes some time to dial in, and I have always claimed that riding a Knolly is a very different experience than any other bike. It requires commitment, and an aggressive riding style. Once you figure out how to ride the bike (elbows out, chest down, centered and aggressive), you will very quickly realize what Knollys offer. They will shred, rip , and corner like nothing I have been on. When I let people ride my Chili, they look at the rear triangle and think "flexy". They are always blown away by the stiffness, and the just how well the bike tracks. Not to mention just how much fun it is.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Ok, who got some cool stuff for their bikes? Let's see it. My very Knolly Christmas is only a few days off now

    Oh man, what are you getting now?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  10. #10
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Oh man, what are you getting now?
    Soon my friend, soon...
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Soon my friend, soon...
    I have a fairly good guess that I know what's coming, but I will patiently wait for pics.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  12. #12
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I have a fairly good guess that I know what's coming, but I will patiently wait for pics.
    Yeah, it's not really a surprise. But, I am already planning the photo shoot.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    This is a really interesting and honest post. I can tell you I felt similarly when I bought my first Endo. The bike takes some time to dial in, and I have always claimed that riding a Knolly is a very different experience than any other bike. It requires commitment, and an aggressive riding style. Once you figure out how to ride the bike (elbows out, chest down, centered and aggressive), you will very quickly realize what Knollys offer. They will shred, rip , and corner like nothing I have been on. When I let people ride my Chili, they look at the rear triangle and think "flexy". They are always blown away by the stiffness, and the just how well the bike tracks. Not to mention just how much fun it is.
    I hadn't really thought it that way tiSS'er but thats the honest-to-goodness truth. If you have a more aggressive riding style you will notice this bike shine where some other AM bikes do not.

    I am not the biggest hucker or the best rider but I ride pretty aggressively and this bike gives me the biggest darn smile when plowing through a rock garden at high speed, going down steep techy sections, hitting jumps, etc. Uphill is great too. Stable up tech, pretty efficient on long slogs. For me, the fun factor is what sold me on the bike.

    Back on topic, who got some more cool stuff for their Knolly?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    I came off of a diamondback mission that I absolutely loved. It felt great in every scenario from long trail rides to bike park laps. But the itch for the Knolly grew stronger and stronger and I finally just said F it and bought a chilcotin. I first built it up and rode and honestly was not disappointed at the bike, but disappointed that I just had blown 3k on a bike that felt "a little" better than my mission...

    Well fast foward 3 months and I am beyond glad I ditched the mission for the chilcotin. I can tell u its stiff, fast, good geo, yada yada but that wont mean a whole lot til you get on it and ride.

    The one thing that I tell people (if they ask) that they can relate to is that it NEVER loses its new bike feel. I am so frikkin stoked to ride the chili every single time I get on it. Its just such a fun bike to ride. I went through several bikes before the chili but i can say the chili will not be leaving the stable any time soon, and if it does, it will probably be to buy another knolly.
    Cool. Makes me even more excited. Im definitely not an under aggresive rider as I like to go fast and I like to get all the tech rocky stuff. Not the best climber but who cares, I dont mind walking my bike up. Im currently ridding a Nomad and I think the two bikes are similar in characteristics and am so stoked to add the knolly to the stable.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,560
    My Christmas Knolly won't be delivered until march but I'm still as giddy as when I received my first Schwinn sting ray when I was eight.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  16. #16
    mr. wonderful
    Reputation: dirtbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    My Christmas Knolly won't be delivered until march but I'm still as giddy as when I received my first Schwinn sting ray when I was eight.
    You won't like it

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cerebroside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    938
    Front and rear XT M785 brakes in silver for my Delirium. Still in the post, will post pics when I recieve them.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,007
    It is funny - Christmas is the one time of the year that I don't get too much bike stuff (besides a bunch of shot blocks in the stocking). The rest of the year I am my own Santa! Not a bad year - new Podium and new Endorphin.

  19. #19
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    It is funny - Christmas is the one time of the year that I don't get too much bike stuff (besides a bunch of shot blocks in the stocking). The rest of the year I am my own Santa! Not a bad year - new Podium and new Endorphin.
    Same here. The advantage of being DINKS.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Magsrgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    986
    A new small blue Chilly will be at my door next week! Close enough to Christmas

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    no bike stuff for christmas for me, just some needed hockey equipment. my plan for the new year is an avalanche cartridge for my lyric and a new vanilla rc and avalanche treatment for it too. i usually just buy bike stuff all year long.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Same here. The advantage of being DINKS.
    I'll third this....
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Self bought Christmas present (would have bought any time of year, simply timing!) new to me 2011 Delirium frame purchased from site member! Having had a Trek Remedy 9, 3 Santa Cruz Nomads, and current Yeti ASR-7 this is my first Knolly!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-knolly.jpg  


  24. #24
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Self bought Christmas present (would have bought any time of year, simply timing!) new to me 2011 Delirium frame purchased from site member! Having had a Trek Remedy 9, 3 Santa Cruz Nomads, and current Yeti ASR-7 this is my first Knolly!!!
    BEEF! Congrats!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    112
    Found a Van RC for my Delerium for cheap and sent it off for the AVY upgrade. Waiting for a new spring for my 66 RC3 then the fork goes off to AVY as well

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by CVrider View Post
    Found a Van RC for my Delerium for cheap and sent it off for the AVY upgrade. Waiting for a new spring for my 66 RC3 then the fork goes off to AVY as well
    You will love that shock when you get it back from Craig.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  27. #27
    Knolliac
    Reputation: EastBay_Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Self bought Christmas present (would have bought any time of year, simply timing!) new to me 2011 Delirium frame purchased from site member! Having had a Trek Remedy 9, 3 Santa Cruz Nomads, and current Yeti ASR-7 this is my first Knolly!!!
    I loved the Nomad and I really progressed while I owned one. But bought a Delirium frame 2 years ago and will remain a Knoll rider for life. Just on another level. Congrats!

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Self bought Christmas present (would have bought any time of year, simply timing!) new to me 2011 Delirium frame purchased from site member! Having had a Trek Remedy 9, 3 Santa Cruz Nomads, and current Yeti ASR-7 this is my first Knolly!!!
    Nice bike! I almost thought about purchasing that one. Love that blue color.

  29. #29
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by CVrider View Post
    Found a Van RC for my Delerium for cheap and sent it off for the AVY upgrade. Waiting for a new spring for my 66 RC3 then the fork goes off to AVY as well
    Where do you get different springs for the 66. I have the 66 CR and they said it's "one spring fits all". I have a hard time with that.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  30. #30
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Just got this new beaut in Going to put in some " break in " time on the fork and shock to allow springs to settle in and stretch etc .. Once thats done , ill have a custom tune on both from Craig so i can start up my downhill sessions this upcoming season with this thing




    Also got a full toolshop in the works as well coming up and paid off some bills haha ..

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Do that stealthness some justice & take a pic outside without all the clutter! Looks amazing, congrats!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Just got this new beaut in Going to put in some " break in " time on the fork and shock to allow springs to settle in and stretch etc .. Once thats done , ill have a custom tune on both from Craig so i can start up my downhill sessions this upcoming season with this thing




    Also got a full toolshop in the works as well coming up and paid off some bills haha ..
    How are you liking the Muddy Marry up front?
    Thanks
    TG

  33. #33
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Its amazing , i used it for last season during downhill at the bike parks .. Its just as good as a Minion , better in the wet and muddy but the minion is a tad better in dry but not enough for me to keep it .. I found that running the MM up front with a Big Betty in the rear was the perfect combo for off camber rock faces , gnarly chunk, wet roots, and wet grounds.. In the dry they both worked very good, gripped nicely .

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    aedubber, is that a 66?

    I love my Muddy Mary's as well, run them up front on all my bikes, and rear as well on the DH sled.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  35. #35
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    aedubber, is that a 66?

    I love my Muddy Mary's as well, run them up front on all my bikes, and rear as well on the DH sled.
    Yes sir it is .. I sold off my Lyrik to someone that literally bought a chili haha , so well have another new member soon .

    I had it as a rear on the chili but when you have to pedal it sucks lol ... I like the drift i can get from the Ardent ..

  36. #36
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    just got this new beaut in going to put in some " break in " time on the fork and shock to allow springs to settle in and stretch etc .. Once thats done , ill have a custom tune on both from craig so i can start up my downhill sessions this upcoming season with this thing




    also got a full toolshop in the works as well coming up and paid off some bills haha ..
    hotness!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,007
    Congrats on the Delirium purchase!!! Be prepared for the next level of riding - you are going to love it

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570
    Aedubber. God damn that looks amazing!

    Is the 66 at 180? If so, how does it climb? Im nervous just thinking about putting a 170 on the chili...

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,007
    Nice stealth build aedubber! The Marz is plush fork.

  40. #40
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    Aedubber. God damn that looks amazing!

    Is the 66 at 180? If so, how does it climb? Im nervous just thinking about putting a 170 on the chili...
    haha yea , its at 180 .. Not sure just yet , i put it on wednesday and im sick , been tempted to go ride tomorrow just to test it out .. Im going to see how it rides in both steep and slack positioning with the rear shock .

    Dont be nervous about a 170mm , i had the Lyrik Air and the front end never wandered or came up. The bike stays planted up front . Ill test out the 180 tomorrow on some good rocky climbs to see how she does .

    Thanks for the comments, ill try and get some pix up tomorrow of my venture , hopefully the snow will be melted away.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Where do you get different springs for the 66. I have the 66 CR and they said it's "one spring fits all". I have a hard time with that.
    Go directly through marzocchi customer care

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25
    [QUOTE=aedubber;10014202]Yes sir it is .. I sold off my Lyrik to someone that literally bought a chili haha , so well have another new member soon .

    Yep that would be me. Thanks for the fork bro. Chili shipped today and can't wait to build it up!

  43. #43
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    [QUOTE=jbuhl18;10015050]
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Yes sir it is .. I sold off my Lyrik to someone that literally bought a chili haha , so well have another new member soon .

    Yep that would be me. Thanks for the fork bro. Chili shipped today and can't wait to build it up!

    Ha just saw the name and i was like hmm i wonder if thats him .. Thing shipped out fast as hell lol .. Get some pix up once your frame comes in man . Theres a lot of information here that you can find out about your bike . Enjoy the fork man

  44. #44
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Merry Christmas to me....Merry Christmas to me...

    I am only missing 1 key part, coming in next week.

    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Vedddy vedddy intresting....
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  46. #46
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    OPEN THAT SHIIT UP TISSER or get banned .. Pick

  47. #47
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    I've opened it...and this thing is AWESOME! Not sure who packed this thing up, but damn....impressive use of space. When I saw the boxes, I thought a bunch of stuff was missing....not so.

    No photos until the build is complete....which won't be until next Friday at earliest

    Trust me, the build will be worth it....incredible.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  48. #48
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    I bet you bought a 29er with training wheels didnt you lol .. What color is it

  49. #49
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    I bet you bought a 29er with training wheels didnt you lol .. What color is it
    I'm fully vested in the 26er now. The color? Wait until the photos. It looks GOOD!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570
    Ohhh now I see what this thread was really about! Santa dropped off the goods at your place and gave us all the leftovers

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    That's a really big box on the left for a pink handlebar horn and pink hand grip streamers.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  52. #52
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    That's a really big box on the left for a pink handlebar horn and pink hand grip streamers.
    This is how I roll...seriously

    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  53. #53
    Perpetual Hack
    Reputation: mykel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,977
    a bit late to the tire party..
    On my Delirium for DH I run the following.

    Dry - Big Betty Front and Rear.
    Intermediate - Muddy Mary (2.5) Front and Big Betty Rear.
    Wet - Muddy Mary (2.5) Front and Muddy Mary (2.35) in Rear.

    All tires are Vertstar DH casing.

    michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,560
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    You won't like it
    Oh, I'm pretty sure I will. All it takes to turn a very good bike to all kinds of awesome is orange.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    253
    aedubber, Nice bike man.
    Looks pretty sik with the 180 on er. I do have a soft spot close to my heart for the stealth look as you will see in a week or two when my build is complete. As a Noob I'm having a hard time on deciding what tires to put on flow rims.

  56. #56
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Thanks man, what terrain do you ride? Helps with tire choice

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Thanks man, what terrain do you ride? Helps with tire choice
    Sorry man, i should have been more specific. I live in Ottawa, Canada and I will be spending most of my time at Mt. St. Marie in eastern Quebec. I think the terrain is muddy rooty in the spring and from what i hear it tends to dry out a bit later on in the summer. As a noob i have no experiences running anything other then Geax on my 29er. I would want to go more for grip than speed. I was thinking maybe Schwable HD's but i noticed alot of guys are running muddy marry's and others. I understand I could get a hundred different answers as tires are very user specific but a starting point would be good. Also i will be setting up my tires tubless on the flows.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    I'm fully vested in the 26er now. The color? Wait until the photos. It looks GOOD!
    I am guessing orange or neon green

  59. #59
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleevem1 View Post
    Sorry man, i should have been more specific. I live in Ottawa, Canada and I will be spending most of my time at Mt. St. Marie in eastern Quebec. I think the terrain is muddy rooty in the spring and from what i hear it tends to dry out a bit later on in the summer. As a noob i have no experiences running anything other then Geax on my 29er. I would want to go more for grip than speed. I was thinking maybe Schwable HD's but i noticed alot of guys are running muddy marry's and others. I understand I could get a hundred different answers as tires are very user specific but a starting point would be good. Also i will be setting up my tires tubless on the flows.

    The Muddy Mary will def work up front ... You could try running the HD out back or maybe a Conti Trail King as well .. That should hold up pretty good . I know Maxxis just came out with a new DHR II which is good for the back but people run it up front as well but trimmed down .

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,539
    If you dont mind the weight I would recommend the Trail Kings. I was running Hans Dampf f/r at the knollyfest in Phoenix and after 4 rides the knobs were shredding off. Not as bad as a sticky Minion, but nonetheless pretty bad. The Trail Kings that Rockdude was running looked brand new after riding the same trails. I think weight is something like 800g vs 1100g. The TrailKing looks to be a much better rear tire as well. Mine had notably better rolling resistance on pavement.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    596
    Hey all chilli owners, If I need to buy a rear shock what do you guys suggest? Thinking of either a CCDB a Manitou Swinger Expert or Revox Pro, and elka stage 5, Or do you suggest something else? Im buying a Chilcotin without a shock and need one but dont want to necessarily break the bank.

  62. #62
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Hey all chilli owners, If I need to buy a rear shock what do you guys suggest? Thinking of either a CCDB a Manitou Swinger Expert or Revox Pro, and elka stage 5, Or do you suggest something else? Im buying a Chilcotin without a shock and need one but dont want to necessarily break the bank.
    I have a 12 Fox Float rp23 for sale if you need it ? Its the same shock thats an option when you buy your frame .

  63. #63
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Hey all chilli owners, If I need to buy a rear shock what do you guys suggest? Thinking of either a CCDB a Manitou Swinger Expert or Revox Pro, and elka stage 5, Or do you suggest something else? Im buying a Chilcotin without a shock and need one but dont want to necessarily break the bank.
    What's you budget? I can highly recommend an Avalanche Woodie for $600. Custom tuned goodness. Don't think the Woodie will fit a small frame, though fits fine on medium sizes and up
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    596
    I think the most I want to spend for now is 350-400 max. I can get any of those mentioned for under 4 now, Maybe later down the line get the Avalanche as I have seen a lot of people love em. I ride All mountain, aggressive but not crazy aggressive downhill. I think that float would be too little for my riding style had one on my heckler before and was neither here nor there with it. Any other suggestions?

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    I think the most I want to spend for now is 350-400 max. I can get any of those mentioned for under 4 now, Maybe later down the line get the Avalanche as I have seen a lot of people love em. I ride All mountain, aggressive but not crazy aggressive downhill. I think that float would be too little for my riding style had one on my heckler before and was neither here nor there with it. Any other suggestions?
    pick up a vanilla rc from universal cycles for now and get it tuned by avalanche later. think they are $270 or so after using the vip15 discount and then another $200 later to avalanche for them to do their magic.

    Universal Cycles -- Your Shopping Cart

    Fox DHX 5.0Speed sensitive Damper Adjuster Kit

    the elka has a large shaft size which isn't ideal with the chili's suspension according to the guys at avalanche. i think the fox rp/float rear would be underwhelming imho

  66. #66
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    pick up a vanilla rc from universal cycles for now and get it tuned by avalanche later. think they are $270 or so after using the vip15 discount and then another $200 later to avalanche for them to do their magic.

    Universal Cycles -- Your Shopping Cart

    Fox DHX 5.0Speed sensitive Damper Adjuster Kit

    the elka has a large shaft size which isn't ideal with the chili's suspension according to the guys at avalanche. i think the fox rp/float rear would be underwhelming imho
    ^^^^^ This
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    pick up a vanilla rc from universal cycles for now and get it tuned by avalanche later. think they are $270 or so after using the vip15 discount and then another $200 later to avalanche for them to do their magic.

    Universal Cycles -- Your Shopping Cart

    Fox DHX 5.0Speed sensitive Damper Adjuster Kit

    the elka has a large shaft size which isn't ideal with the chili's suspension according to the guys at avalanche. i think the fox rp/float rear would be underwhelming imho
    2nd this!!!!
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  68. #68
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    I think the most I want to spend for now is 350-400 max. I can get any of those mentioned for under 4 now, Maybe later down the line get the Avalanche as I have seen a lot of people love em. I ride All mountain, aggressive but not crazy aggressive downhill. I think that float would be too little for my riding style had one on my heckler before and was neither here nor there with it. Any other suggestions?
    Yea thats why im not on it anymore , i have the Van RC right now and it feels so good .. Just breaking it in before i send it out to Craig to get it all tuned out . I got mine shipped for under 300 ..

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    596
    Thanks All Fox Vanilla RC I think will be the best bet, Cheap enough and upgradeable. how long is that coupon code valid anyone know?

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Here are the December codes, they change every month:

    "holidaygifts10": Take 10% off orders over $100
    "holidaygifts15": Take 15% off orders over $300

    Sign up for emails on their site to get the latest ones.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rocky Mountain High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    75
    I'll play
    -Med Black Chilcotin
    -Elka rear shock (from the Endo)
    -2012 Marz 55 EVO Ti
    -Truativ AKA crank
    -30T MRP Bling Ring
    -MRP Micro G2 SL chain guide
    -Cane Creek 110 ZS upper and lower
    -Hope Pro 2 Evos laced to Stans Flows

    Rest of the bits and pieces transfer from the Endo
    If I dropped you off in the forest with a hatchet, how long before you could send me an email?
    Joe Rogan

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Here are the December codes, they change every month:

    "holidaygifts10": Take 10% off orders over $100
    "holidaygifts15": Take 15% off orders over $300

    Sign up for emails on their site to get the latest ones.
    the vip10 and vip15 codes never seem to expire.

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: graypaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    103
    Hello.
    Xmas brought me a lot of goodies for my chilcotin:
    Mountain King II 2,4 to my rear wheel
    Chromag Range stem
    Controltech Venon C820
    Race face grips

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Herzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    309

    My Christmas Knolly

    Just saw this post. Noel Buckley sent me a Christmas present too (well, not directly):
    A very Knolly Christmas?-muddyendo.jpg

    I am coming off of a 6 year love affair with my Yeti 575. This thing does everything the Yeti did, but noticeably better. As others have mentioned - the overall handling of the bike is phenomenal. Very stiff laterally - makes it super fun side-to-side. Very plush and swallows up small trail chatter and two-foot holes with equal aplomb. It climbs well too, even with a 160mm fork - no problem. The geometry is killer. I had the good fortune of demo-ing the Chilcotin twice on my home trails, but when I tried the Endorphin, it felt the same on the downhills, but much more nimble on the flats and climbs. It's a stout frame. The cool thing was, I transferred virtually all of my parts over from my 575, and the XL bike weighed in at 29lbs, 13 oz - a full pound lighter than my 575. Same fork, wheels, tires, drivetrain, cranks, h-bar, stem, saddle, brakes, etc.

    Wheeeeeee!
    Last edited by Herzalot; 01-01-2013 at 08:04 PM.

  75. #75
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Just saw this post. Noel Buckley sent me a Christmas present too (well, not directly):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuddyEndo.jpg 
Views:	890 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	749418

    I am coming off of a 6 year love affair with my Yeti 575. This thing does everything the Yeti did, but much, much better. As others have mentioned - the overall handling of the bike is phenomenal. Very stiff laterally - makes it super fun side-to-side. Very plush and swallows up small trail chatter and two-foot holes with equal aplomb. It climbs well too, even with a 160mm fork - no problem. The geometry is killer. I had the good fortune of demo-ing the Chilcotin twice on my home trails, but when I tried the Endorphin, it felt the same on the downhills, but much more nimble on the flats and climbs. It's a stout frame. The cool thing was, I transferred virtually all of my parts over from my 575, and the XL bike weighed in at 29lbs, 13 oz - a full pound lighter than my 575. Same fork, wheels, tires, drivetrain, cranks, h-bar, stem, saddle, brakes, etc.

    Wheeeeeee!
    Congrats. It's good to see some Endos out there.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Just saw this post. Noel Buckley sent me a Christmas present too (well, not directly):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuddyEndo.jpg 
Views:	890 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	749418
    That is a gorgeous bike. Enjoy!
    Taiwan could probably TIG weld a ham sandwich to a dictionary these days, but its been a while since they were doing brazing.

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Just saw this post. Noel Buckley sent me a Christmas present too (well, not directly):


    Wheeeeeee!
    Looks nice! I like the white and blue.

    Is that a Marz 44 or 55 on there? I think you said it was a 160, is it an air version?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Herzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    309
    2012 Marz 55 Microswitch TA - that is an air fork, and it is plush! A little heavy, but sweet.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    596
    Nice bike Herz! Im hoping to build one up here for the spring summer got the one picked out just waiting for it to get shipped out. will post when I get it and start building it.

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,007
    Nice looking Endorphin Herzalot! The blue looks killer.

  81. #81
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleevem1 View Post
    Sorry man, i should have been more specific. I live in Ottawa, Canada and I will be spending most of my time at Mt. St. Marie in eastern Quebec. I think the terrain is muddy rooty in the spring and from what i hear it tends to dry out a bit later on in the summer. As a noob i have no experiences running anything other then Geax on my 29er. I would want to go more for grip than speed. I was thinking maybe Schwable HD's but i noticed alot of guys are running muddy marry's and others. I understand I could get a hundred different answers as tires are very user specific but a starting point would be good. Also i will be setting up my tires tubless on the flows.
    Mont Ste Marie is running a bike park now?!
    Nice!
    Is Camp Fortune running a bike park in the summer or are the lifts only open when there's races on? I moved away before Fortune started lift access. I raced a few XC races in the early to mid 90's at Fortune.

    I grew up in Ottawa but left before there was any thought of lift access for biking.
    Mont Ste Marie is where I spent my hard earned cash in the winter being a snowboard hoodlum back in the early days of snowboarding!

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Mont Ste Marie is running a bike park now?!
    Nice!
    Is Camp Fortune running a bike park in the summer or are the lifts only open when there's races on? I moved away before Fortune started lift access. I raced a few XC races in the early to mid 90's at Fortune.

    I grew up in Ottawa but left before there was any thought of lift access for biking.
    Mont Ste Marie is where I spent my hard earned cash in the winter being a snowboard hoodlum back in the early days of snowboarding!
    Sorry man I meant Fortune, I get them mixed up all the time. I used to ski at both back in the day before snow boards were invented.

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Ok, who got some cool stuff for their bikes? Let's see it. My very Knolly Christmas is only a few days off now
    Let's see the pics of the PODIUM tiSS'er!!

  84. #84
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Let's see the pics of the PODIUM tiSS'er!!
    Patience. I'm waiting on the fork to arrive. No shots until then. If all goes well, photos will be forthcoming this weekend.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  85. #85
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Just saw this post. Noel Buckley sent me a Christmas present too (well, not directly):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuddyEndo.jpg 
Views:	890 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	749418

    I am coming off of a 6 year love affair with my Yeti 575. This thing does everything the Yeti did, but much, much better. As others have mentioned - the overall handling of the bike is phenomenal. Very stiff laterally - makes it super fun side-to-side. Very plush and swallows up small trail chatter and two-foot holes with equal aplomb. It climbs well too, even with a 160mm fork - no problem. The geometry is killer. I had the good fortune of demo-ing the Chilcotin twice on my home trails, but when I tried the Endorphin, it felt the same on the downhills, but much more nimble on the flats and climbs. It's a stout frame. The cool thing was, I transferred virtually all of my parts over from my 575, and the XL bike weighed in at 29lbs, 13 oz - a full pound lighter than my 575. Same fork, wheels, tires, drivetrain, cranks, h-bar, stem, saddle, brakes, etc.

    Wheeeeeee!
    Post some more pics of that beauty!
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Herzalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    309

    By request...

    A very Knolly Christmas?-knolly-endo.jpg

    A very Knolly Christmas?-knolly2.jpg

  87. #87
    Pivoteer
    Reputation: tiSS'er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knolly Endo.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	749853

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knolly2.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	749854
    Thanks That blue paint is sweet.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

  88. #88
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    Yea that blue is really nice , matches one of my older cars i used to have built up haha ..

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Patience. I'm waiting on the fork to arrive. No shots until then. If all goes well, photos will be forthcoming this weekend.
    Fair enough...I'm waiting for my Podium to arrive. I'm hoping this week!!!!!!

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Fair enough...I'm waiting for my Podium to arrive. I'm hoping this week!!!!!!
    I haven't heard anything yet about delivery time. I figured Mid-Jan. Does this mean I have to decide on a crank set? Oh...and the rest of the build. Gah, I better get busy!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    I haven't heard anything yet about delivery time. I figured Mid-Jan. Does this mean I have to decide on a crank set? Oh...and the rest of the build. Gah, I better get busy!
    I guess it was just wishful thinking seeing that tiSSer already got his. I heard they left Taiwan a few weeks ago.

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dominator13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,702

    I'll play along....

    First, I gave her a bath and then bought her some Xmas Jewelry.

    A Wilma 6, the newest version that throws out a whopping 2400 Lumens.

    I then took Dude!'s advice and am giving the new XTR's a try. The Podium will get the XTR Trail and the Delirium will get the XTR Race. So far they feel really, really good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-wilma-1.jpg  

    A very Knolly Christmas?-wilma-2.jpg  

    A very Knolly Christmas?-xtr-1.jpg  

    A very Knolly Christmas?-xtr-2.jpg  

    A very Knolly Christmas?-xtr-3.jpg  

    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

  93. #93
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Patience. I'm waiting on the fork to arrive. No shots until then. If all goes well, photos will be forthcoming this weekend.
    I'm really excited to see the pictures of your new carbon-fiber, 27.5" Podium. I don't know how Noel made it 8.75" of rear travel with those big tires. AMAZING!!!
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Go ahead, try and touch the frame! He will bite your hand off, I swear, he's a killer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-maxk.jpg  


  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362

    Or lick you to death!

    Well now I know I sold it to the right guy, beautiful dog, I have two myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-p1050111.jpg  


  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25
    Got the Chili frame today! Will post up pics asap. Gorgeous bike

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Ha,ha...Nice pic Craig! They are just the perfect (non watch) dog!!!

    @jbuhl18, post em up already!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •