Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Knollician

A very Knolly Christmas?

Ok, who got some cool stuff for their bikes? Let's see it. My very Knolly Christmas is only a few days off now
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    No pics but I got:
    -Black Spank Spike pedals
    -Sram X9 type 2 derailleur

And finally sent in my DHX to craig!!!

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy42 View Post
    No pics but I got:
    -Black Spank Spike pedals
    -Sram X9 type 2 derailleur

And finally sent in my DHX to craig!!!
    Nice. Your are going to love the DHX when you get it back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Nice. Your are going to love the DHX when you get it back.
    I am really pumped. I chatted with Craig for 5 min or so and told him I knew nothing about suspension and he gave me the details in Laymans terms. Happy to support a smaller company who cares about the customer.

Now what Im not happy about is how Im gonna afford to send in my fork to match my rear shock

Knollician
    I am really pumped. I chatted with Craig for 5 min or so and told him I knew nothing about suspension and he gave me the details in Laymans terms. Happy to support a smaller company who cares about the customer.

Now what Im not happy about is how Im gonna afford to send in my fork to match my rear shock
    Yes, Craig is amazing, and I agree about supporting the little guy, especially when their product is far superior. The shock will spoil you.

mtbr member
    Im trying to get into a knolly for christmas. Although its past hopefully soon I will post my purchase if everything goes as planned. Hope its as awesome as it looks to be!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Im trying to get into a knolly for christmas. Although its past hopefully soon I will post my purchase if everything goes as planned. Hope its as awesome as it looks to be!
    I came off of a diamondback mission that I absolutely loved. It felt great in every scenario from long trail rides to bike park laps. But the itch for the Knolly grew stronger and stronger and I finally just said F it and bought a chilcotin. I first built it up and rode and honestly was not disappointed at the bike, but disappointed that I just had blown 3k on a bike that felt "a little" better than my mission...

Well fast foward 3 months and I am beyond glad I ditched the mission for the chilcotin. I can tell u its stiff, fast, good geo, yada yada but that wont mean a whole lot til you get on it and ride.

The one thing that I tell people (if they ask) that they can relate to is that it NEVER loses its new bike feel. I am so frikkin stoked to ride the chili every single time I get on it. Its just such a fun bike to ride. I went through several bikes before the chili but i can say the chili will not be leaving the stable any time soon, and if it does, it will probably be to buy another knolly.

Knollician
    I came off of a diamondback mission that I absolutely loved. It felt great in every scenario from long trail rides to bike park laps. But the itch for the Knolly grew stronger and stronger and I finally just said F it and bought a chilcotin. I first built it up and rode and honestly was not disappointed at the bike, but disappointed that I just had blown 3k on a bike that felt "a little" better than my mission...

Well fast foward 3 months and I am beyond glad I ditched the mission for the chilcotin. I can tell u its stiff, fast, good geo, yada yada but that wont mean a whole lot til you get on it and ride.

The one thing that I tell people (if they ask) that they can relate to is that it NEVER loses its new bike feel. I am so frikkin stoked to ride the chili every single time I get on it. Its just such a fun bike to ride. I went through several bikes before the chili but i can say the chili will not be leaving the stable any time soon, and if it does, it will probably be to buy another knolly.
    This is a really interesting and honest post. I can tell you I felt similarly when I bought my first Endo. The bike takes some time to dial in, and I have always claimed that riding a Knolly is a very different experience than any other bike. It requires commitment, and an aggressive riding style. Once you figure out how to ride the bike (elbows out, chest down, centered and aggressive), you will very quickly realize what Knollys offer. They will shred, rip , and corner like nothing I have been on. When I let people ride my Chili, they look at the rear triangle and think "flexy". They are always blown away by the stiffness, and the just how well the bike tracks. Not to mention just how much fun it is.

mtbr member
    Ok, who got some cool stuff for their bikes? Let's see it. My very Knolly Christmas is only a few days off now

Oh man, what are you getting now?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Oh man, what are you getting now?
    Soon my friend, soon...

mtbr member
    Soon my friend, soon...
    I have a fairly good guess that I know what's coming, but I will patiently wait for pics.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I have a fairly good guess that I know what's coming, but I will patiently wait for pics.
    Yeah, it's not really a surprise. But, I am already planning the photo shoot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    This is a really interesting and honest post. I can tell you I felt similarly when I bought my first Endo. The bike takes some time to dial in, and I have always claimed that riding a Knolly is a very different experience than any other bike. It requires commitment, and an aggressive riding style. Once you figure out how to ride the bike (elbows out, chest down, centered and aggressive), you will very quickly realize what Knollys offer. They will shred, rip , and corner like nothing I have been on. When I let people ride my Chili, they look at the rear triangle and think "flexy". They are always blown away by the stiffness, and the just how well the bike tracks. Not to mention just how much fun it is.
    I hadn't really thought it that way tiSS'er but thats the honest-to-goodness truth. If you have a more aggressive riding style you will notice this bike shine where some other AM bikes do not.

I am not the biggest hucker or the best rider but I ride pretty aggressively and this bike gives me the biggest darn smile when plowing through a rock garden at high speed, going down steep techy sections, hitting jumps, etc. Uphill is great too. Stable up tech, pretty efficient on long slogs. For me, the fun factor is what sold me on the bike.

Back on topic, who got some more cool stuff for their Knolly?

mtbr member

Cool. Makes me even more excited. Im definitely not an under aggresive rider as I like to go fast and I like to get all the tech rocky stuff. Not the best climber but who cares, I dont mind walking my bike up. Im currently ridding a Nomad and I think the two bikes are similar in characteristics and am so stoked to add the knolly to the stable.

mtbr member
    My Christmas Knolly won't be delivered until march but I'm still as giddy as when I received my first Schwinn sting ray when I was eight.

mr. wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    My Christmas Knolly won't be delivered until march but I'm still as giddy as when I received my first Schwinn sting ray when I was eight.
    You won't like it

mtbr member
    Front and rear XT M785 brakes in silver for my Delirium. Still in the post, will post pics when I recieve them.

mtbr member
    It is funny - Christmas is the one time of the year that I don't get too much bike stuff (besides a bunch of shot blocks in the stocking). The rest of the year I am my own Santa! Not a bad year - new Podium and new Endorphin.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    It is funny - Christmas is the one time of the year that I don't get too much bike stuff (besides a bunch of shot blocks in the stocking). The rest of the year I am my own Santa! Not a bad year - new Podium and new Endorphin.
    Same here. The advantage of being DINKS.

Hike n' Bike
    Jun 2006
    A new small blue Chilly will be at my door next week! Close enough to Christmas

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    no bike stuff for christmas for me, just some needed hockey equipment. my plan for the new year is an avalanche cartridge for my lyric and a new vanilla rc and avalanche treatment for it too. i usually just buy bike stuff all year long.

mtbr member
    Same here. The advantage of being DINKS.
    I'll third this....

mtbr member
    Self bought Christmas present (would have bought any time of year, simply timing!) new to me 2011 Delirium frame purchased from site member! Having had a Trek Remedy 9, 3 Santa Cruz Nomads, and current Yeti ASR-7 this is my first Knolly!!![IMG]knolly.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-knolly.jpg  

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Self bought Christmas present (would have bought any time of year, simply timing!) new to me 2011 Delirium frame purchased from site member! Having had a Trek Remedy 9, 3 Santa Cruz Nomads, and current Yeti ASR-7 this is my first Knolly!!![IMG]knolly.jpg[/IMG]
    BEEF! Congrats!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Found a Van RC for my Delerium for cheap and sent it off for the AVY upgrade. Waiting for a new spring for my 66 RC3 then the fork goes off to AVY as well

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast