Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Just saw this post. Noel Buckley sent me a Christmas present too (well, not directly):
    Attachment 749418
    That is a gorgeous bike. Enjoy!
    Taiwan could probably TIG weld a ham sandwich to a dictionary these days, but its been a while since they were doing brazing.

mtbr member
    Just saw this post. Noel Buckley sent me a Christmas present too (well, not directly):

Wheeeeeee!
    Looks nice! I like the white and blue.

Is that a Marz 44 or 55 on there? I think you said it was a 160, is it an air version?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    2012 Marz 55 Microswitch TA - that is an air fork, and it is plush! A little heavy, but sweet.

mtbr member
    Nice bike Herz! Im hoping to build one up here for the spring summer got the one picked out just waiting for it to get shipped out. will post when I get it and start building it.

mtbr member
    Nice looking Endorphin Herzalot! The blue looks killer.

Bnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleevem1 View Post
    Sorry man, i should have been more specific. I live in Ottawa, Canada and I will be spending most of my time at Mt. St. Marie in eastern Quebec. I think the terrain is muddy rooty in the spring and from what i hear it tends to dry out a bit later on in the summer. As a noob i have no experiences running anything other then Geax on my 29er. I would want to go more for grip than speed. I was thinking maybe Schwable HD's but i noticed alot of guys are running muddy marry's and others. I understand I could get a hundred different answers as tires are very user specific but a starting point would be good. Also i will be setting up my tires tubless on the flows.
    Mont Ste Marie is running a bike park now?!
    Nice!
    Is Camp Fortune running a bike park in the summer or are the lifts only open when there's races on? I moved away before Fortune started lift access. I raced a few XC races in the early to mid 90's at Fortune.

I grew up in Ottawa but left before there was any thought of lift access for biking.
    Mont Ste Marie is where I spent my hard earned cash in the winter being a snowboard hoodlum back in the early days of snowboarding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Mont Ste Marie is running a bike park now?!
    Nice!
    Is Camp Fortune running a bike park in the summer or are the lifts only open when there's races on? I moved away before Fortune started lift access. I raced a few XC races in the early to mid 90's at Fortune.

I grew up in Ottawa but left before there was any thought of lift access for biking.
    Mont Ste Marie is where I spent my hard earned cash in the winter being a snowboard hoodlum back in the early days of snowboarding!
    Sorry man I meant Fortune, I get them mixed up all the time. I used to ski at both back in the day before snow boards were invented.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Ok, who got some cool stuff for their bikes? Let's see it. My very Knolly Christmas is only a few days off now
    Let's see the pics of the PODIUM tiSS'er!!

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Let's see the pics of the PODIUM tiSS'er!!
    Patience. I'm waiting on the fork to arrive. No shots until then. If all goes well, photos will be forthcoming this weekend.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Knollician
    Attachment 749418

I am coming off of a 6 year love affair with my Yeti 575. This thing does everything the Yeti did, but much, much better. As others have mentioned - the overall handling of the bike is phenomenal. Very stiff laterally - makes it super fun side-to-side. Very plush and swallows up small trail chatter and two-foot holes with equal aplomb. It climbs well too, even with a 160mm fork - no problem. The geometry is killer. I had the good fortune of demo-ing the Chilcotin twice on my home trails, but when I tried the Endorphin, it felt the same on the downhills, but much more nimble on the flats and climbs. It's a stout frame. The cool thing was, I transferred virtually all of my parts over from my 575, and the XL bike weighed in at 29lbs, 13 oz - a full pound lighter than my 575. Same fork, wheels, tires, drivetrain, cranks, h-bar, stem, saddle, brakes, etc.

Wheeeeeee!
    Post some more pics of that beauty!

mtbr member

By request...

A very Knolly Christmas?-knolly-endo.jpg

A very Knolly Christmas?-knolly2.jpg

Knollician
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knolly Endo.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	749853

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knolly2.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	749854
    Thanks That blue paint is sweet.

RideDirt
    Yea that blue is really nice , matches one of my older cars i used to have built up haha ..

mtbr member
    Patience. I'm waiting on the fork to arrive. No shots until then. If all goes well, photos will be forthcoming this weekend.
    Fair enough...I'm waiting for my Podium to arrive. I'm hoping this week!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Fair enough...I'm waiting for my Podium to arrive. I'm hoping this week!!!!!!
    I haven't heard anything yet about delivery time. I figured Mid-Jan. Does this mean I have to decide on a crank set? Oh...and the rest of the build. Gah, I better get busy!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    I haven't heard anything yet about delivery time. I figured Mid-Jan. Does this mean I have to decide on a crank set? Oh...and the rest of the build. Gah, I better get busy!
    I guess it was just wishful thinking seeing that tiSSer already got his. I heard they left Taiwan a few weeks ago.

mtbr member

I'll play along....

First, I gave her a bath and then bought her some Xmas Jewelry.

A Wilma 6, the newest version that throws out a whopping 2400 Lumens.

I then took Dude!'s advice and am giving the new XTR's a try. The Podium will get the XTR Trail and the Delirium will get the XTR Race. So far they feel really, really good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-wilma-1.jpg  

A very Knolly Christmas?-wilma-2.jpg  

A very Knolly Christmas?-xtr-1.jpg  

A very Knolly Christmas?-xtr-2.jpg  

A very Knolly Christmas?-xtr-3.jpg  

[SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

TSC
    More Verbose Than Mose
    I'm really excited to see the pictures of your new carbon-fiber, 27.5" Podium. I don't know how Noel made it 8.75" of rear travel with those big tires. AMAZING!!!
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Go ahead, try and touch the frame! He will bite your hand off, I swear, he's a killer![IMG]MaxK.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-maxk.jpg  

mtbr member

Or lick you to death!

Well now I know I sold it to the right guy, beautiful dog, I have two myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A very Knolly Christmas?-p1050111.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Got the Chili frame today! Will post up pics asap. Gorgeous bike

mtbr member
    Ha,ha...Nice pic Craig! They are just the perfect (non watch) dog!!!

@jbuhl18, post em up already!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4