mtbr member

Vegas or St. George in the Spring

Looking to escape the Canadian deep freeze and it happened to work out that a few of us will be in Vegas for various reasons the first week of March. So we have 5 or 6 free days to ride. Weather looks to be warmer in Vegas but none of us have ever ridden there before.
    Is there enough quality riding in the area? There are some website/threads but they don't speak much to quality so looking for a first hand account(s). We have the ability to drive and take bikes within a reasonable distance so if there other areas outside of Vegas and St. George we should check out please chime in.

This will more than likely be the inaugural ride for the new Chilli I'm building up. Others will be pedaling Deliriums.

Thanks
    If I dropped you off in the forest with a hatchet, how long before you could send me an email?
    Joe Rogan

mtbr member
    I'm sure lots will chime in here, but my recommendation would be:

1 day at Bootleg Canyon (Boulder City)
    1 day at Cowboy trails (Vegas)
    1 - 2 days St George
    2 -3 days at Hurricane (mandatory!)

Just my personal experience...
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Yup, Noel nailed it. And if you can hook up with the guys at OTE in hurricane for a gooseberry and/or little creek Mesa ride you will see some amazing stuff.

mtbr member
    We self guided in hurricane and st George by using maps and gps files we found by searching garmin and asking in forums. Very enjoyable. If you do that trip in the spring do Moab grand junction / Fruita next year !

TSC
    Buehliever
    Two great resources:

Skidmap
    The Skid Map

UtahMountainBiking.com
    Hurricane and Gooseberry Area Mountain Bike Trails
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Been to St. George, Hurricane, Virgin area a few times. Good trails and good people. Was more concerned about the early spring weather in St. George. Or if the weather was crap in St.George could we find a weeks worth of riding to do in Vegas as a backup plan. Otherwise we would just delay the trip till early April and the whole SW is your oyster at that point. Just that a later trip would exclude a few people from attending.
    If I dropped you off in the forest with a hatchet, how long before you could send me an email?
    Joe Rogan

banned
    Jan 2013
    Sounds amazing !

mtbr member
    Dude you will be fine. It's 50s during the day here now. Little creek and gooseberry and still wet but I was on grafton last weekend and hurricane Mesa is already good