mtbr member

Uphill equalizer

Well since no one is posting pictures of Knollys from Interbike ....btw is it Knollys or Knollies

Here are my 2 new additions to make uphills easier

1) The DB Air CS - I enjoyed the DB AIR, the switch is interesting need some trail time to evaluate. This is going to be fun. Thanks again Noel for the assistance!
    2) 1x11 - the shifting is so smooth and crisp. The bike is dead silent - just hear tire knobs. No black RaceFace rings at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uphill equalizer-2013-09-18-19.43.16.jpg  

Uphill equalizer-2013-09-18-19.43.57.jpg  

Uphill equalizer-2013-09-18-19.44.04.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    1) The DB Air CS - I enjoyed the DB AIR, the switch is interesting need some trail time to evaluate. This is going to be fun. Thanks again Noel for the assistance!

What is the tune for the DB Air CS? I thought you couldn't buy the Knolly specific version at the moment?
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    What is the tune for the DB Air CS? I thought you couldn't buy the Knolly specific version at the moment?
    Cane Creek has a CS tune for the Endorphin, Chilcotin, and Podium. Noel helped me out and called Cane Creek with a logical guestimate for a CS tune for the Delirium. Even though they never tested this tune, I trust Noel's recommendation.

mtbr member
    There are no Knollies at Interbike. They didnt come. I did see DB walking around with a Warden shirt on. Nothing really new and exciting to report. Lots of buzz around the $1700+ X fusion inverted fork and everybody has 650B. Turner was notably absent, they had a few demo bikes with Enve at the ODD and a couple of display bikes at the Enve booth. Most exciting thing for me since I am an XC nerd now, is the new Stans Valor carbon XC wheel. 1230 grams for a 29r race wheel for under $2K. Stan said that he has not seen one fail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    There are no Knollies at Interbike. They didnt come. I did see DB walking around with a Warden shirt on. Nothing really new and exciting to report. Lots of buzz around the $1700+ X fusion inverted fork and everybody has 650B. Turner was notably absent, they had a few demo bikes with Enve at the ODD and a couple of display bikes at the Enve booth. Most exciting thing for me since I am an XC nerd now, is the new Stans Valor carbon XC wheel. 1230 grams for a 29r race wheel for under $2K. Stan said that he has not seen one fail.
    Interesting - may be Outerbike is becoming the main attraction. Outerbike makes sense, because a bunch of riders get to demo a number of bikes on good trails and have fun. These personal experiences are described on the internet etc. I imagine for a bike company this is way more enjoyable then going to Vegas.

mtbr member
    re: interbike. 650b is aimed squarely at the enduro scene, which is primarily European, hence knollys new release, the warden, was presented at eurobike. its where the market that's driving 650b is.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Cane Creek has a CS tune for the Endorphin, Chilcotin, and Podium. Noel helped me out and called Cane Creek with a logical guestimate for a CS tune for the Delirium. Even though they never tested this tune, I trust Noel's recommendation.
    im trying to get the technical specifics of the tune but its been like getting blood out of stone.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    im trying to get the technical specifics of the tune but its been like getting blood out of stone.
    I agree. I have always wonder why this information is not more transparent. The transparency would allow end -users and easier ability to maximize performance. However, It seems that bike companies need to protect their intellectual property. I find the different settings on the Cane Creek site intriguing. It is really the first transparent collection of bike characteristics that exists.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    How do you like the Cane Creek DBair CS, Dude? Should I buy a second hand DBair vanilla or is it worth getting the DBair CS?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    How do you like the Cane Creek DBair CS, Dude? Should I buy a second hand DBair vanilla or is it worth getting the DBair CS?
    The DB AIR CS is pretty good but the upgrade requires some thought. Here is something that I considered but wasn't sure how it was going to play out. The CS is improvement anytime uphill pedaling is required.

However, I really couldn't make the DB AIR more plush because a lot of my trails have flat sections and too plush is not good and the CS is an overly damped setup. It is good if you are just pedaling along, but if you really want to ride the flat sections then you don't was the CS engaged.

Owing to this, I really need to set my DB AIR is the moderate setting for pedaling and descending.
    If my trails were more straight up and straight down, then I can reduce the settings for a plusher ride.

Regardless, the CS is an improvement fro climbing. however is it worth the upgrade - this depends on your needs and your riding environment.

It does make sense to have 3 settings - descend, trail, and climb.

mtbr member
    Agreed.
    Its almost like you should have two setting options. One for general all around riding, not using the CS switch. And one for rides the climb up and then go down.

The DB AIR CS is pretty good but the upgrade requires some thought. Here is something that I considered but wasn't sure how it was going to play out. The CS is improvement anytime uphill pedaling is required.

However, I really couldn't make the DB AIR more plush because a lot of my trails have flat sections and too plush is not good and the CS is an overly damped setup. It is good if you are just pedaling along, but if you really want to ride the flat sections then you don't was the CS engaged.

Owing to this, I really need to set my DB AIR is the moderate setting for pedaling and descending.
    If my trails were more straight up and straight down, then I can reduce the settings for a plusher ride.

Regardless, the CS is an improvement fro climbing. however is it worth the upgrade - this depends on your needs and your riding environment.

It does make sense to have 3 settings - descend, trail, and climb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Agreed.
    Its almost like you should have two setting options. One for general all around riding, not using the CS switch. And one for rides the climb up and then go down.
    Cool - I am glad you agree and thanks for the reply It is nice to know that you are using it for the Endorphin. I think that is a perfect shock for that bike!