Roll on Spring Time!

TR250, Kalula or......

Lately I have been dfeeling the itch for a new bike. The reason is that the Delerium has stopped me from needing anything else and I just want something new. This isnot really for now but more like 18 months time. I have a Jedi and Wildcard in South Africa which currently dont get much use becuase my work contract changed a little. I kept my Delerium in Korea because it can do everything.
    I like the Jedi but I prefer how the Delerium gives that more Mini DH bike feel and yesterday I really just felt like a mini DH bike is what I would like when I return to SA. I could then run an air Shock and light weight fork to turn the Delerium into an AM shredder but then what do I do for a DH bike.

I was dreaming up a mail to Knoel suggesting that with the new Chilli they should maybe look to compete with the TR 250 and Kalula which are real mini DH bikes. What puts me off the Podium is the long stays and real race geo that doesnt really fit my riding or style. So I am thinking Delerium with 66-64* adjustable HA, love the adjustable feature on the D. Adjustable chainstays, 17.5" to 17", personaly I would only need to go up to 17.25". I just like shoprt stays but having the option of going to 17.25/17.5" would be nice if the trail needed it. I would like to see the travel bumped to 180mm and I like the ption of 160mm on the TR250. Finaly single and dual crown compatibilty. 160mm single crown and 160mm rear for real jump lines and 180mm rear with 180mm single/200mm dual for DH shredding.

So I am cruising through the other thread about delerium availability and see this from Dusty:
    "The Chilcotin is so capable that Noel has gone back to the drawing board on the Delirium, to re-establish it's position as our flagship long-travel, do everything(dare I say "freeride?") model. Expect newly stylized tubing, expect it to be jammed packed with new features, and most importantly... expect a short hiatus in 2012. For now, if you like to climb to the top of your favorite DH trail...jump on a Chilcotin before they are all sold out. You won't regret it."
    Am I seeing possible changes to the Delerium to what I am suggesting? I say hell yes. Love my Delerium but a pure Mini DH Delerium would be nutz.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i too am leaning towards the tr250, as a delirium replacement after the issues i had in september, the only thing that puts me off the tr250 is how easy and how may seem to snap. i have seen a few let go in whistler even seen my mate break one clean off at the headtube weld on the aline drop, and she isnt an aggressive rider, nor i she very big,,, she's very slim,
    so if you are a big/heavy build or aggressive rider i would do a bit more research before committing to buying a tr250.

Roll on Spring Time!
    Cheeze, I havent seen or heard of any snapping issues. I am pretty much set with the Delerium for another year to 18 months. Perfect bike for Korea and currently I havent touched it in 6 months other thaan tyres, just so dialled. Instead of a new frame I am thinking of trying a different fork or shock to lighten it up and at the same time give me an idea of having the D as a more AM bike when I go back to South Africa.
    Still think a mini DH Knolly would be insane. Yesterdays ride I was thinking again how much I really like the Knolly platform. It just does everything well and feels so natural. I like the Jedi but it doesnt ride in a natural way, I get used to it but the Knolly takes no thinking just smash everything.
    Cheers for the heads up on the TR250.
    I just want to ride.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    i too am leaning towards the tr250, as a delirium replacement after the issues i had in september, the only thing that puts me off the tr250 is how easy and how may seem to snap. i have seen a few let go in whistler even seen my mate break one clean off at the headtube weld on the aline drop, and she isnt an aggressive rider, nor i she very big,,, she's very slim,
    REALLY? I've not seen a TR250 failure (and know several people riding them)....including the "mate" you mention. That said, she was on a Blindside when that bike failed on A Line, so you might want to get your facts straight. Just sayin'.

Back on topic, ya gotta think that the Delerium will see a bunch of adjustments when the new batches are built overseas. IMO, just way too much overlap with the Chilcotin now.

EB