Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Knollician

Thomson Elite Dropper - $280 shipped

Arts Cyclery has a killer deal on the Thomson dropper, $330 less 15% with coupon SAVE15, free shipping. Jump on them now while they last.

Thomson Elite Dropper Seat Post 125mm
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Arts Cyclery has a killer deal on the Thomson dropper, $330 less 15% with coupon SAVE15, free shipping. Jump on them now while they last.

Thomson Elite Dropper Seat Post 125mm
    Good deal, too bad they don't make at least a 150mm model.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Was going to post this when I got home from work, beat me to it. Mine is sitting on my workbench. Smoking deal.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

Trophy Husband
    Ordered one. Should be here Wednesday. Thanks for the heads-up!
    Extreme stationary biker.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover View Post
    Ordered one. Should be here Wednesday. Thanks for the heads-up!

Me too. Mine should arrive Wednesday, and now I don't need to transfer between bikes (rarely did, but still). Why haven't you guys told me how great these things are I miss not having one on the Chili, sure I can go without, but I would prefer not to. And at $280....hard to pass up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Good deal, too bad they don't make at least a 150mm model.
    Or one with a cable that doesnt move.

Edit - and yes I am bitter as if it had that w their amazing clamp I would get it in less then a second.
    Last edited by 006_007; 11-25-2013 at 08:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Or one with a cable that doesnt move.

Yes indeed, and why I converted my KS Supernatural 150 to lever actuated instead of remote and is much more reliable, less finicky performer despite having to briefly take a hand off the bar to adjust which isn't an issue unless you are riding very techy undulating trail riding and want to sit down and pedal some (some rides at Sedona) and only time I put the remote back on.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Best deal I've seen, forced my card to finally move to a dropper. Thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Pretty great deal on the KS Lev as well -- $299.

mtbr member
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up. That's cheaper than my LBS can get them wholesale.

Grand Master Jedi

Thomson Elite Dropper - $280 shipped

Thanks for the heads up! Bought one and I'm stoked to be back on a Thomson!

Five5hot
    is the SAVE15 no longer redeemable? i don't see an area where you can put in the coupon. there's only the black friday instant coupon that gives you $30 off

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeBokeh View Post
    is the SAVE15 no longer redeemable? i don't see an area where you can put in the coupon. there's only the black friday instant coupon that gives you $30 off
    I put mine in at checkout. There was no black Friday deal at the time. $300 and free shipping is still an incredible deal.

Five5hot
    I put mine in at checkout. There was no black Friday deal at the time. $300 and free shipping is still an incredible deal.
    thanks for the heads up on the deal. i've been holding off for a long time for this seatpost.

to confirm for anyone wanting to purchase it now, i didn't see a promo code box at checkout to input the coupon.

oh well, i went ahead and put in the order for a great price and free shipping! can't wait for this new addition!

mtbr member
    That's a great price, 1/2 of what we pay here for these. Just installed mine, really was piece of cake, and it feels so nice, definitely a quality piece of engineering as you'd expect from these guys.

tiSSer...i know you took time getting the cable routing optimal, been looking at previous threads for heads up, cant find it, can you give us a link/heads up on the best way to configure the cable....ive lost the place of the last update you provided.
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    That's a great price, 1/2 of what we pay here for these. Just installed mine, really was piece of cake, and it feels so nice, definitely a quality piece of engineering as you'd expect from these guys.

tiSSer...i know you took time getting the cable routing optimal, been looking at previous threads for heads up, cant find it, can you give us a link/heads up on the best way to configure the cable....ive lost the place of the last update you provided.
    I have made several changes to the setup and have found the simplest solution to be the following:

Leave the 3 zip ties on the top tube that hold the front derailleur cable (if you have one) and the dropper cable loose. I then install a RS cable guide just below the seatpost clamp. I remove the Thomson guide that rotates. This is all you need to do. The beauty of this system is that is requires no special guides, and is actually much more reliable (consistent). I have found that I prefer to use derailleur housing as it is stiffer and smoother than the brake housing that Thomson provides. I have not had very good luck with the Thomson housing as it is too flexible. Another benefit of this system is that you can remove the post in about 10 seconds. I simply remove the cable from the remote, and pull it out. You may want to put a bit of protective tape on the top tube as the cable can rub.

IMG_0618

IMG_0619

IMG_0620

IMG_0621

IMG_0622

IMG_0623

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    How on earth do you keep your bike so clean?! I'm sure my raw frame wasn't that bright when it arrived new and i'd have to wash, scrub, buff the jeezus outta it to get it half as bright as your chili.

Do you use any magical eye of newt, tongue of frog kind of product to achieve that?

sorry for the deraill but my mind is blown. Unless the light is playing tricks mine's practically urban-camo by comparison.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by kark View Post
    How on earth do you keep your bike so clean?! I'm sure my raw frame wasn't that bright when it arrived new and i'd have to wash, scrub, buff the jeezus outta it to get it half as bright as your chili.

Do you use any magical eye of newt, tongue of frog kind of product to achieve that?

sorry for the deraill but my mind is blown. Unless the light is playing tricks mine's practically urban-camo by comparison.
    Haha I just washed the bike because I had a major tire blowout and had sealant all over it. Living in the desert, it's very dry and the bike rarely sees water. Pretty easy to keep things clean here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm envious.
    ..more about the conditions I see in the background, than the cleanliness of the bike if I'm honest.
    I just shoveled a foot of snow out of my laneway yesterday. On the upside I did get in a couple hrs skiing last night but just now I think I'd prefer a clean bike and a warm dusty laneway.

mtbr member
    Ohh, how are those Analog DH carbon bars? What do you think so far?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jon123 View Post
    Pretty great deal on the KS Lev as well -- $299.
    KS Lev is now $269....

mtbr member
    Buzz: Thanks! Can't resist that price. Ordering one.

mtbr member
    RS cable guide ..+.. derailleur housing as it is stiffer and smoother than the brake housing that Thomson provides.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    KS Lev is now $269....
    That is blasphemy! Don't mess up the wonderful thread. Pretty darn good price for a dropper without cable issues. That's a better buy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    That is blasphemy! Don't mess up the wonderful thread. Pretty darn good price for a dropper without cable issues. That's a better buy.
    ...id rather buy a dropper with cable issues you can fix in a flash than a 'gets creaky' dropper of lesser build quality....and the cable fix is a Knolly specific requirement due to linkage position, not a general fault with the Thompson.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast