mtbr member

Thank you Sedona!

For the 3rd Holiday Season in a row, the family and I red-rocked the New Year in Sedona AZ. Weather and trails were perfect for our 7 day stay. These GoPro pics are from my last day... classic red rock riding on Mescal followed by fast fun flow on Chuckwagon. Thanks again Sedona for another great start to 2014!

Thank you Sedona!-g0027719.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0027792.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0048211.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0058291.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0058551.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0058630.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0058634.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0058660.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0058690.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0099574.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0099692.jpgThank you Sedona!-g0141729.jpg

This weekend, I'll be demo-ing a large Warden in the Santa Monica Mountains. Thanks go out to Vince at JRA Bikes & Brew in Agoura, CA for making the arrangements for me with Dusty B.

Jim

mtbr member
    nice one, weather looks great and the pictures are so crisp, which go pro did you use?
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    GoPro Hero2... 11 MP Wide Screen View... the cam is attached to my left Camel Bak shoulder strap with a homemade mount. When I'm not recording video, I take a pic every second. With the that pic method I usually get more than enough great perspective shots to enjoy, save and share.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmpaints View Post
    This weekend, I'll be demo-ing a large Warden in the Santa Monica Mountains. Jim
    Thanks for sharing the Sedona stoke. Sad we only got to ride one (very good) trail this year at the Knollfest. So much good stuff there. I need to just spend a week down there some time.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Warden. Sounds like you'll be riding the same demo I got a chance to ride while I was down there over Christmas.

mtbr member

Don't come to Sedona...

mtbr member

Picking up a Warden demo after work today...

I really want to like this bike. As regulars on this board, you know that the only emotion greater than current Knolly love is Knolly lust for new. If I was Chili-less and child-less (currently paying for 2 in college), I'd already be purchasing parts to build up a Warden. Let's see which direction this weekend's rides take me.

My plan is to add my backup dropper post to the Warden (if it doesn't already have one) so I can compare rides with my Chilcotin over the same trails in the Santa Monica Mountains. Without ever seeing a Warden in person, my gut feel is that at my skill level and age (56), there won't be a perceivable difference between the 27.5" Warden and my Chili with large volume 2.4" Conti Trail Kings. Not saying there isn't a performance difference between the two Knollys, just inferring that I may not be able to tell. Weather will be perfect (low 70's, light Pacific winds with a cloudless sky; gotta love SoCal "winters"); will be a fun and interesting weekend.

Let the games begin...