mtbr member

Sometimes they ride you...

Haven't rode any of my bikes in last few weeks due to some dirtbag stealing all my gear from my Jeep. Nobody likes a thief. I just couldn't stand it any longer so took the Chilcotin out for what was suppose to be a quick 1hr sprint before dark.
    Funny thing is when you have a flat with no tools your always the farthest from the trailhead...

So I walked out in the dark it was still better than sitting on the couch wishing I could have voted a few thousand more times.

Last edited by bionicman; 11-07-2012 at 06:12 AM.

'Tis but a scratch
    That sucks. But, way to find the bright side..."hike-a-bike" beats "ride-a-couch"

mtbr member
    been there. learned the hard way that exo minions tubeless on flows isn't a good idea. long hike from the farthest part of the trail too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Jealous of the elusive yellow frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    been there. learned the hard way that exo minions tubeless on flows isn't a good idea. long hike from the farthest part of the trail too.

mtbr member
    You've just described my inaugural ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sometimes they ride you...-mimitw.png  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    I have been running that setup for over a year without a single burp/cut/anything....haven't even needed to add more sealant despite only using a 1.5 scoops per wheel. Maxxis EXO + Flow = my favorite tubless set ups.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reforminded View Post
    I have been running that setup for over a year without a single burp/cut/anything....haven't even needed to add more sealant despite only using a 1.5 scoops per wheel. Maxxis EXO + Flow = my favorite tubless set ups.
    i have blown them off multiple times. different pressures, different ways they blew off. i wanted them to work tubeless badly, just couldn't make it work. after eating dirt multip[le times, i gave up on them

mtbr member

Noooo

Quote Originally Posted by Reforminded View Post
    Dangerous as front tire going tubeless.

Sometimes they ride you...-burp.jpg

Roll on Spring Time!
    Are you guys having this issues with Exos mounted to flows with no BMX tube? Reason I ask is I usually set up Exos to my 721s with a tube and have no issues. When I changed a rear tire I tried to run it without a tube and it was burping within the first few Kms. I had to put a standard tube in to complete the ride and then a BMX tube when I got home. I dont thing the bead is sufficient for no BMX tube?

To the original post - I always wear a pack with spares for this very reason, I dont want to be walking out of a ride. I even carry spares and water when I DH. I dont understand how guys can walk 40 minutes up with no water or spares to fix a flat. I just think of my pack as some back protection and I feel bare without it now.

Like the positive attitude though. Any time with a bike is a good time, even if it rides you.
    I just want to ride.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    I always carry an extra tube in my Osprey even though I've gone three plus years without a tubeless issue. Whether I need it, or run into someone else who does, it's a good idea to have one. They also make a good tourniquet

mtbr member
    a tourniquet! remind me to never ride with you!! LOL

I almost always carry spares & tools no matter the length of ride but the point was all my stuff was stolen & I hadnt replaced them yet but was jonsin to ride my Knolly