mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Setup bos deville on chili

Hey i'm just curious as to how others have set up their bos deville on their chills

1. after equalising chambers...
    2. what sag are you running? Advice is pretty wide 40-55mm on their site
    3. how many clicks out from fully closed are all your settings? Standard is 15

Also any idea on what the total number of clicks on each setting? is 15 in the middle meaning that there are 30 clicks in total?

And finally how you finding them?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    factory settings and around 25% sag. great air fork but I now have problems after about 18 months of riding. lost full travel and tried equalising going down and up without success, so I am going to send them either to j-tech or bos for servicing/fixing. running bos coil idylle sc at the moment, amazing.

RideDirt
    tom34- Didnt you just get your suspension dialed in ? From your previous thread it seems like you finally figured out how the LSC and HSC knobs work and had it tuned out on your fork. Your best options are to start with factory settings on a trail your familiar with . Keep going down/up the same trail over and over while doing slight adjustments . Nobody can tell you what settings are good for you and your riding style/trails . Experiment a little bit and see what works for you.

Count the clicks from fully open/closed to figure out how many clicks there are , its pretty simple. As far as sag goes i would keep it around 25-30% MAX. Have you been on forks before with more adjustments besides R and C ? or how much experience do you have in regards to tuning forks besides the BOS you have ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    tom34- Didnt you just get your suspension dialed in ? From your previous thread it seems like you finally figured out how the LSC and HSC knobs work and had it tuned out on your fork. Your best options are to start with factory settings on a trail your familiar with . Keep going down/up the same trail over and over while doing slight adjustments . Nobody can tell you what settings are good for you and your riding style/trails . Experiment a little bit and see what works for you.

Count the clicks from fully open/closed to figure out how many clicks there are , its pretty simple. As far as sag goes i would keep it around 25-30% MAX. Have you been on forks before with more adjustments besides R and C ? or how much experience do you have in regards to tuning forks besides the BOS you have ?
    Yeah i did. Until i read this. So i recorded the settings i had it on and decided to start again. So i homogenised the chambers, set the sag and put it all on 15 clicks.

I don't have much experience tuning forks. Especially forks like the bos or shocks like the ccdb where little adjustments actually have real world affects.

Unfortunately i'm more set and forget with my previous bikes. With the bos on what i thought was the right setting i could have ridden it like that happily but it'd be a shame if i didn't keep fiddling until i found out it's true potential. Same with the ccdb. I homogenised the chambers, set the sag and have it now on the stock setting for chilis according to the website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Setup bos deville on chili-photo-1.jpg  

RideDirt
    I see... Well your best bet is to ride with stock settings for a bit which allows kind of like a break in period .. Give it sometime to work up a bit and get everything broken into.. Then you can start fine tuning everything .